Any other tall mommys 2 be...

Tink1o5

Mom of 3
Reaction score
I am 2 days from 27 weeks, and am 5'11.

I feel as though my belly doesnt look big like "shorter" womans do at this stage..

Anybody else have this going on?

Yes im quite tall and i get quite a few comments from people telling me my bump is tiny! I feel like its huge but i think because im tall it balances out and looks smaller! Alot of my shorter friends looked bigger at this stage but aggain they had no room!

I am only 5'8", but tall enough that I have thought that my height is at least partly the reason for my small bump. I constantly get remarks on how neat my bump is, from midwives, to my prenatal yoga teacher, to coworkers, even now at 36+ weeks. In the last couple weeks I've gotten remarks from coworkers that I 'finally at least look pregnant'. Since babies don't really vary THAT much in size, I figure it makes sense that they just have more room inside the torso of a taller woman, so the bump doesn't need to grow as far outward!

I am 5'9" and glad!! We are having twins, and all I have heard from those who have had them is that it's a good thing that I am on the taller side. It will help!

I'm 5' 11 and all throughout people commented on my small bump (my avatar is 29 weeks) but I measured between 2-5 weeks ahead on all FH measurements!!

Boomerslady i see your little guy should be here... whats going on ?? :hugs:

Boomerslady i see your little guy should be here... whats going on ?? :hugs:

Thanks Hun :hugs: I am currently lying in a damn uncomfy hospital bed waiting for my 2nd lot of gel in my induction.

I'm glad things are happening for me but I wish it'd hurry up a bit (I've discovered I'm not a very patient person!!!)

well at least things are happening for you. :hugs:
Hope he arrives soon :)

I am about 5ft9 and will be 30 weeks tomorrow (tuesday) but my ticker hasnt changed to 29w6d yet. Shorter women at this stage complain of rib kicks but not me :) My little guy has plenty of room before he squashes mylungs ans kicks my ribs. My fundal height measurements are all pretty perfect so I know i am right on track. I can get a bit more than one hand (sideways)between my breasts and where I can feel the top of my uterus so hopefully the rib kicks will wait some time :)

I'm only 5'7", but I have a tiny bump compared to others. My boy isn't anywhere near my ribs. Only recently been getting movement near my belly button.

Im 5'8 and carrying my bump really well. Happy that the only part of my body that is big is my bump :happydance:

I'm 5'7" and have had a bump for only the last 3 weeks even now at 37+5 I'm wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes. People have commented that I'm smaller than they were at 4months or that the dates are wrong. I'm still getting people who I see regularly asking if its true because they haven't noticed and have just been told. My bump is low and I think I've just got a considerate little boy inside that wants to have a yummy mummy. My sil is 6ft about a month behind me and has looked like she's eaten a beach ball since 12weeks, it is her second though. Apparently with her first though she was small until. 34 weeks then grew loads. So i guess its different for everyone.

Hey, I'm 5'9" but my bump is big, but its low........no kicks in the ribs, mostly around my sides, or above my belly button, so hopefully she's got room to grow before squashing my lungs !

i'm 6' and everyone comments on how huge i am! well except my mum, she says im tiny compared to her - maybe thats because im taller..

Well I'm 5'11" too!! :thumbup:

The hardest thing is trying to find maternity jeans
that have a long enough leg length!! :nope:

I do feel like my body looks shorter yeah,
when I stand in front of a mirror i can't bear it!
Especially with my lovely mummy marks :)winkwink: Stretchies!!)
undereath my bump to go with it!!

Luckily only gained weight around my hips and bump, everywhere
else stayed the same! :thumbup:

XxX

I'm 6ft2 and have the same problem! not really a bump, think its cause i have a longer adomen than shorter ladies? maybe i have a few more weeks before i "pop" x

XxX

New look do a 36" inside leg in maternity, decently priced too - only about 16 quid!

XxX

New look do a 36" inside leg in maternity, decently priced too - only about 16 quid!

Ohhhh! i didnt even realise they did tall maternity? i keep buying tall jeans and keeping them under my bump :shrug:

yep check online, next do it too but its quite a bit more expensive!

I'm 5ft 9 so not as tall as some of you ladies but people have commented that my bump is pretty small all the way through my pregnancy. Not sure how much it's been to do with being tall and how much is just me being lucky and carrying "neat".

Red Herring in Debenhams also do longer length (rather than tall) maternity jeans, but only in a couple of styles. These just about fit me, and I usually have to buy tall trousers (I think I am about 35inch inside leg)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->