Any PCOS ladies want to chat?

When are you going to test, Tonya? Fx for you! I won't have any blood work done, unfortunately. When I was pregnant with DS, I'd been seeing an RE so I had 3 betas drawn to make sure my numbers were increasing appropriately. I'm thankful I didn't have to see an RE this time around, but the beta draws sure would be nice! My confirmation appointment is Monday and it will just be a urine test.

Cookie, I hope everything is good with your hubby. I was using soy. I don't think giving it a try could hurt!

Congratulations wanting!

I've finally been prescribed metformin, so I'm excited for that to take effect although a little nervous about potential side effects :/

I got a strong +ve opk on Monday, best I've ever had, so I emailed my donor and he was able to come and donate even at such last minute! So I'm kinda in the 2ww now. I say kinda as I'm not temping so can't guarantee I ovulated but I'm hoping I did.

I tested this morning, bfn at 11dpo

Hoping it's just too early for me

Definitely still early, Tonya! Fx for a BFP in the next couple of days!

Good luck for your 2ww, day_dreamer! Hope it passes quickly with great news at the end!

AF came yesterday, so a 45 day cycle.
I am going to wean my 13 month old son, next Sunday (because I'm starting my holiday and expect to get no sleep), so then I will start going to the fertility clinic again.

Ah sorry to hear that Tonya. x

Wanting - I might try soy next cycle, too late for this cycle.

FX for you Daydreamer xx

Not much going on with me, I'm cd 17 today, started temping at cd 15 but its not too late as I won't ovulate til at least cd 19. I just hope this cycle is more normal, I really will not be happy if I have another extremely long cycle. I was talking to my friend who has a 28 cycle (she's ttc aswell) and I said to her in the time I had my 1 cycle she was starting her 3rd cycle...that's how long mine was!!! I'm not using opks so maybe I'll be more relaxed, feeling more relaxed anyway.

Congratulations wanting!

I've had a very nice and sunny vacation, which unfortunately ended with AF showing up. I'd thought I'd be more relaxed about TTC during my vacation, but nope :( My cycle was one day longer than the first so that's not too bad. For the moment I've stopped taking the inositol (didn't want to take white powder with me on vacation) and I'm just putting everything on losing weight.

Good luck with the weightloss Eline, I think it will do you so much good. I firmly believe that if I hadn't lost weight (lost a total of 4 stone which is 56 lbs for anyone in America) that i wouldn't have my son now, who is going to be 4 in November. We weren't trying, infact I was planning my wedding...I remember it so clearly, how I took the test and I didn't even put it down before the second line appeared, I was a week late but I still didn't think it was possible. It was only because I googled cramps but no period that I took a test, because it came up pregnant pregnant pregnant.

I'm almost the same weight I was when I conceived my son, maybe I need to lose more lbs before it will happen, so I'm working on it and hope that it happens soon. I'm 35 now so time isn't on my side.

Lots of ewcm today, cd 18...really hoping I ovulate tomorrow which would be fantastic and would give me a 33 day cycle, which when my body is working as it should is really as good as it gets for me.

xx

Thanks Cookie! Congrats on losing 56lbs, that's impressive!

Fx for 33 day cycle!

I'm sorry to hear that Tonya. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long to get an appointment at the clinic.

I'm sorry AF showed, Tonya! Maybe you will get a surprise before your visit the fertility clinic!

Hope you O soon, Cookie! FX for a normal cycle!

Eline, glad to hear that you had a good vacation, but I'm sorry that AF ended up crashing the party! UGH! That made me laugh about the white powder on vacation. =D I firmly believe weight loss is what helped me have a more normal cycle (and the soy too, of course) since when TTC DS I NEVER had a period without having to use Provera.

Wanting - how are you doing?

I read about Soy but its not a good idea if you are estrogen dominant...I dont think I'm estrogen dominant so I should be ok. Afer inositol messing my last cycle up I'm abit reluctant to try anything that could do more harm.

x

I'm not oestrogen dominant either and soy made a huge mess of my cycles.

They sat pcos sufferers should avoid all soy food products so it makes sense to avoid soy tablets too.

Daydreamer - Inositol messed up my cycles, and I appear to be ovulating (being tested next week so will know for sure) so it's probably a good idea that I avoid soy, I don't want to risk messing them up again.

I think I ovulated yesterday, had lots of ewcm on Tuesday, and usually the day I have peak EWCM is the day before I ovulate, temp went up this morning too so hopefully will have 3 temp rises and ovualation will be confirmed. Fingers crossed. After not ovulating until cd 44 last cycle, to ovulate on cd 19 would be fantastic!!! xx

I'm definitely not oestrogen dominant - my blood tests showed low end of the range for oestrogen. Soy worked perfectly for me with dd. BUT I hadn't ovulated for 6 months at that point so I don't think I needed much to tip my ovaries into doing what they should. I'm giving up on it now - the soy isn't doing much and my lp is a bit worse on it.

Af arrived today after provera so I can start taking clomid tomorrow. :happydance: I'm going up to 100mg - any advice about what to expect? My only symptom on 50mg was mild hot flashes at night and very little cm

I'm doing good, Cookie, thanks for asking! I had my confirmation appointment with my OB a couple days ago and I have my first scan scheduled for September 3...can't wait for that! DH, DS, & I are going out of town this weekend, so that should be fun!

I am SO glad it appears that you've O'ed on CD 19 and your cycle seems to be back on track!! Fx for more temp rises to confirm.

k4th, I had hot flashes galore when I took Clomid when TTC DS. I also was pretty moody, especially as I got into the higher doses (I took up to 150 mg). It seemed like a week or two after I finished the pills, I would start feeling really down, but that could have just been from TTC itself! Good luck with it!

Great news Wanting, roll on scan day!!

Well Fertility friend says I ovulated cd 18, ovufriend says I haven't ovulated. Temp went down today but last cycle I had a fall back rise, so on 3 dpo it dropped and then rose again at 4 dpo so I think tomorrow's temperature will be the decider, if it goes back up I'll go with FF. If I did ovulate cd 18 then my timing wasn't great, we bd'd cd 14, 15 and 18...although I guess sperm lives up to 5 days, so all would have been within the window. I think I'll just get my appointment booked for my bloods to check ovulation, would need to do it Tuesday based on FF. I'm off to Wales Tuesday but hopefully can get an appointment early...my son is confused, he thinks his Auntie (my husbands sister) lives on a Whale, I've told him its a country and that we're going to stay with her but all he hears is Wales and as far as he's concerned Whales are big creatures that live in the sea!! lol

xx

I'm on CD7, I hope I have a normal cycle this month

Fingers crossed Tonya. x

According to Fertility Friend I ovulated cd 18, but according to Ovufriend I haven't ovulated. I don't think my temps look that great but FF is still keeping the crosshairs (and not the dotted ones either). I've booked my blood test for Tuesday morning so I guess will just have to wait for the results and continue to temp.

Would be nice if I did ovulate cd 18! That's pretty early for me. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"