Any PCOS ladies want to chat?

Yes I have read that too, but then I've heard good things so I feel torn. On one hand I wouldn't want to mess up my cycles (and this cycles been pretty messed up) on another if it could really help then I want to try it!!! xx

I've also heard about soy not being good for PCOS, however I think the concern mostly comes from eating soy frequently throughout your cycle. To help with ovulation, you only take it for 5 days in the beginning of your cycle like you would with Clomid or Femara. I guess it's one of those situations where you have to weigh the pros and cons for yourself. For me, I figured it was worth a try, and it has helped me O for my last 3 cycles whereas when I was TTC #1, I rarely O'ed even with meds (Clomid up to 150 mg and Femara up to 7.5 mg) and finally had to resort to injectables. In 2 years of TTC DS, I had only 4-5 ovulatory cycles, I believe.

That said, I have been thinking about taking a month off from taking soy if AF arrives since I have taken it for 3 consecutive cycles now, to give my body a break and see what it does on its own. Another issue with taking soy with PCOS (and other ovulation inducing drugs) is that it can cause more cysts to develop. I never had any issues with that previously except for during one injectables cycle when I had to go on the pill for a month due to a large leftover cyst, but that was from having to cancel the cycle because I overstimmed.

Cookie, I'm so sorry it seems like AF will be arriving soon. :hugs: Maybe a fresh cycle will be a good thing coming off of a long, weird one!

Sorry AF might be here cookie. That feeling really sucks.

I thought I should say that although I got my bfp with soy - it was after 9 mths (ish) of annovulatory cycles with no AF. I had awful acne & can only imagine the terrible state my ovaries must have been in. I ov'd on cd 21, whereas now soy only gets me a cd30 day OV at best & last cycle was 50 days long! I do wonder in hindsight whether any drug would have worked at that point.

My lp is also slightly shorted on soy than clomid (9 days rather than10 or 11) which could make a big difference as it's on the short side anyway. I'm not convinced soy is helping much this time around & I'm much happier with the clomid & monitoring. I'm going to finish off this cycle (which is a soy cycle & I'm cd21 & still getting lows on cbfm) & go from there. I'll happily answer any questions anyone has about my soy cycles, but do not claim in any way to be an expert. Everyone has to make the best decision for themselves.

Mrs - we could be cycle buddies!! Hope we're close to each other - it would be so nice to share the journey :flower:

So, I'm probably crazy and I've been trying super hard not to symptom spot, but twice today I have stood up and had pains that felt exactly like round ligament pain. I'm only 7dpo, so like I said I'm probably crazy...I brushed it off the first time and then when it happened the second time I couldn't help but think "hmmmm...."

Tomorrow is my birthday and I wish it still wasn't way too early to test!

K4TH, I would LOVE to be cycle buddies! =D

That's interesting about the soy... I eat a LOT of soy in my diet, my partner and I are vegetarians, well, I'm a vegetarian and she's vegan. What is it exactly that you're taking in the first few days? Pill, powder, tofu?!

I probably eat TOO much soy, anyways. = / Woops.

Wanting,

Eeee! That's exciting!!!! Fingers are crossed, crossed, crossed for you!

Hannah

Hannah - I get soy isoflavone tablets from "natures best". They come in 50mg tablets & I was taking three tablets on cd 2-6 of my cycle. Just like I would take clomid. They're supposedly half the strength of clomid so 150mg is like 75mg clomid. Cd 23 now & still nothing on cbfm. So it doesn't work all that well lol!! Soy works by tricking oestrogen receptors into thinking there's no oestrogen & so it makes more & more. I don't know much about eating it throughout a cycle but personally I'd try not to eat it everyday. Hard if you're a veggie though - I was a veggie for four years in my late teens & soy was regularly on the menu. Mmmmm - having flashbacks of quorn lasagne - yum!!!

Wanting - hope you had a fab birthday & fx for a late birthday pressie!!!!!! :bfp:

Last cycle was only 19 days, now I just got +opk on cd34, anyone have BFP with such a late o?

Tonya, I'm wondering the same thing myself since my positive OPK was on CD 30 this cycle. Good luck!

Online half say it's ok, half say no! Guess only time will tell
Good luck to you too

That's what I've found too! I guess it's better to ovulate earlier in your cycle, but a late ovulation doesn't necessarily mean that you won't have a successful pregnancy. :shrug:

Okay, ladies...so I took another test this evening and got this:

https://i59.tinypic.com/2hxpmp1.jpg

There's definitely a line there, but I'm afraid it's an evil evap!! It showed up within a few minutes and the picture was taken probably 15 minutes after I dipped the test. This particular IC is new to me so I'm not sure if it's a reliable test or if they're prone to evaps and/or false positives or what!

I tested again with a FRER tonight and it's BFP! OMG I can't hardly believe it! I'm praying it's a sticky bean, me O'ing so late is definitely going to be in the back of my mind for awhile! I hope the rest of you ladies join me soon!

Congrats wanting, so pleased for you xxx

My af arrived on Saturday, knew it would as my temp dropped 3 days running. Onto a new cycle.

X

Thank you, Cookie! I hope this cycle is nice and normal, much shorter than your last, AND results in a BFP! I need a bump buddy!

Amazing news wanting! Gives me hope for this cycle

Congratulations wanting!!! Amazing news :happydance: wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Cookie - sorry to hear af got you. Good luck for this cycle. I have long, unpredictable cycles too and I hate them :growlmad:

Tonya - I've searched fertility friend charts in the past, when I've been bored or feeling hopeless, for late ov bfp's. I've seen some bfp's come from ov as late as 60+ days - so it's possible.

Fx'd it's our turn soon ladies

Eta: cookie I've just noticed my little girl is about the same age as your little boy. When was he born? My dd was feb 2011 - have you been ttc #2 for long?

I tested again with a FRER tonight and it's BFP! OMG I can't hardly believe it! I'm praying it's a sticky bean, me O'ing so late is definitely going to be in the back of my mind for awhile! I hope the rest of you ladies join me soon!

Congrats :hugs: H&H 9months

Thank you all so much! How is everybody doing? Any updates?

I am 8dpo, no symptoms just waiting.
What about you? Do you go have bloodwork to confirm?

Sorry I've been quiet recently, had a few issues with the hubby and have been really busy.

Wanting how are you doing? Really pleased you got your bfp. Were you using soy? I'm thinking I should give it a try.

How's everyone else doing? I'm cd 13 and I haven't started temping yet and I haven't bought any opks so I'm thinking I need to do both otherwise I wont have a clue when ovulating is happening/has happened. I had my cd 1-5 blood test done and called today and got the results, everything came back normal. So now need the second blood test to see if I'm ovulating but needs to be 7 days before af, but unless I know when I've ovulated I wont know when that is.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->