Any PCOS ladies want to chat?

Hey ladies. May I join?

I am Laura, 26. One half of a lesbian couple ttc with a known donor and artificial insemination at home. Been trying for nearly three years now with a few breaks. I have PCOS - on 1000mg metformin daily

I'm also trying soy this month, but at a very low dose as last time I tried it I didn't bother ovulating, which I normally do on my own. It has worked for me in the past but my donor wasn't available, so I don't know if the earlier ov would have resulted in pregnancy.

Welcome Laura!

Ah Cookie, your son is adorable :haha:

I was planning on starting to temp again this morning, which I forgot. I actually like that I'm more relaxed this cycle, I think I'm accepting a bit that this will take a while. Hopefully I can keep up the relaxed attitude after O as well.

Welcome Laura, good luck using soy, hope it works for you. I thought about using it but I tried inositol not long ago and it really screwed up my cycle so I'm reluctant to try anything else. I seem to ovulate every cycle so don't want to mess with it.

Eline - I find it hard to get started with temping, but once I take my first temp I'm fine and do it daily. Used to find it hard work but second nature now. Best of luck for this cycle.

I'm 7 dpo today, that's going by fertility friend, but ovufriend as of today says I'm 6 dpo...I'm going my ff and I've got my blood test this morning to see if I am ovulating. My temp went right up today, and usually it dips as 7 dpo, so hoping for a triphasic pattern. I know having a triphasic pattern doesn't mean pregnancy but gives me hope. Symptom wise nothing really going on, was ridiculously tired yesterday but I was at a wedding Saturday and turns out I'm too old to hack the pace, boobs are a little sore but that's about it.

Xx

Atm I'm secretly binge-eating on my coworkers cookies. Damnit woman, pull yourself together! (That was to myself)

How's everyone doing? I'm just waiting to see if my af turns up, should be here tomorrow. My temps aren't doing there usual though, usually by 12 dpo at the latest they start going down, but I'm 14 dpo now, possibly even 15 dpo (that's what ff thinks - but I'm going with ovufriend so going with 14 dpo). Anyway they've been going up and up, today they are the highest they've been, so I took a test and it was BFN. Really disappointed as I have a lot of symptoms, including extremely painful boobs, so I thought maybe finally (after 1 year and 2 months of trying) that I'd finally get my bfp. I know it's not over until my af arrives but find it hard to believe that I could get a bfp after getting a bfn at 14 dpo.

Here's my chart:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26c830/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Hi cookie

Your chart looks good!!! I thought I'd share the link below - it explains why some people get early/late bfp's and has a calculator to play with too. Warning - it is a little addictive!!! I lost a few hours to it in my last tww!!

https://www.whenmybaby.com/implantation-doubling-calculator.php

Sorry you got a bfn this morning but fx'd that bfp is right around the corner!!

Oh thank you, I will look at it now.

I forgot to mention, I had blood tests and they confirmed I ovulated so I'm happy about that.

xx

Yay for ovulation! And your chart does look promising!

Afm, my last 2 cycles have been 31 days so that's good - maybe the continued weight loss is finally helping! Still hovering around BMI 29-30 but I'm hoping the metformin will help. Not had many side effects, just 2 days of awful cramps and diarrhoea which I later realised were after very carb-heavy days. Lesson learnt there!

That's great about your cycles Day Dreamer, that's a really good length. The weightloss will have definitely have helped.

I guess I'll have to learn some patience and see what tomorrows temp is like, will probably test in the morning again.

x

Good luck Cookie, I really have my fingers crossed for you!

Afm, I'm hoping to ovulate today, on cd 21, it's a bit later then my previous cycle, but still acceptable. My diet has gone totally off track over the last week, so I really should pull myself together diet-wise. :(

Fingers crossed for ovulation Eline.

AFM - My temperature plummeted today and looks like my period is here, gutted as I really felt i had alot of great symptoms and felt very optimistic, but unfortunately looks like it's another let down.

I think we are going to give it til the end of the year and then give up, it's been a year and 2 months since we started trying, and the more time that passes the more reluctant my husband is to continue. He's reluctantly agreed that we will keep trying this year but I dont think he'll agree to continue any further than that. I can't ignore what he wants as tempted as I might be, and I need to look at the bigger picture, we have our son who I thought we'd never have and life is comfortable now financially, I would love another, I really really would but I'm 35 now and with my husbands enthusiasm waning I have to admit that time is most definitely ticking. So 4 more months and then if it doesn't happen I think we will admit defeat.

xx

Sorry cookie :hugs:

I can understand your thoughts about ttc until the end of the year. We've been trying for almost two years and it's soul destroying. Hubby is doing ok atm but I'm beginning to wonder how long we can stay on this road. No point to me saying that other than trying to show you're not alone :hugs:

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that Cookie. When you say you'll stop trying, do you mean not TTC and maybe NTNP, or would you start birth control again? Anyway a very big hug to you!

I don't know Eline, maybe I'll be able to convince the hubby to NTNP, but if he's really against it then he'll want to use condoms. I dont know about me going on birth control I haven't been on it since well before I fell pregnant, probably years before, I hear that the false hormones they pump into your body aren't good for us PCOS ladies. The day I go on the pill is the day I finally say no to more babies, it would make it final...I think it might take me a little while to get to that point. I know I said we'll stop trying but I think there will be a small part of me that will still have hope. Will see how it goes.

Period hasn't properly arrived yet, I usually start in the afternoon and its 4pm now...the only reason I know its on its way is because I check my cm and cervix. Want it to start properly so I can stop hoping and get on with the next cycle. Don't know if I can count abit of blood in my cm as a period?!!!

K4th - Sorry it's taking you so long, must be extremely hard for you. Really hope it happen for you very soon. Because I already have a child it's easier to come to a decision about it I guess, if we didn't have a son already then I wouldn't have come to this decision so soon.

I've been pregnant twice once before my son and once with my son, both times we weren't trying...but I was younger than I am now, that's the only difference...I'd lost weight then but Ive lost weight now aswell so I just don't know. That's why my hubby thinks its not meant to be, we conceived our son easily, but now it's not happening so he thinks we should give up and be happy with what we've got. I am happy with what I have, I couldn't be more grateful to have my son and I love him more than I ever thought it was possible, wanting another baby doesn't mean I'm not grateful or thankful. My little boy has said to me several times lately that he wants a sister, then I feel bad for depriving him of a sibling.

I hope you all get your bfps soon, PCOS is a pain in the backside!!!!!!!

Cookie :hugs:

We've been trying to conceive number 2. I know what you mean about depriving your first of a sibling - it makes me feel so guilty & useless. And my little girl is asking for a sibling too - she's been drawing pictures of us all at preschool with a baby and announcing it's her baby brother or sister. But then I also feel guilty taking time to think about ttc instead of just focusing all my energy on what I'm blessed enough to have right now.

I know that by wanting another you're not being ungrateful for what you have now. Sorry you're having a tough time - sorry that we all are!! I hate pcos with a passion!!!

I'd love to say if never go back on the pill because I do believe my pcos is as bad as it is because I was on the oral combined pill for 10 years. Sadly I get acne as one of my major symptoms, so I have to do something to stop myself from feeling like cr*p all the time. If I ever go back to the pill though it will be the end of ttc here too.

Sounds like you have some hard discussions with hubby ahead. Hoping you get a bfp before it comes to that hun

I know how you feel ladies. I've been ttc but for number one since feb 2012.
I've just sort of reached a plateau now of "it'll happen when it happens"
It's taken me this long to realise that there is no magic potion

Ah Laura it wish it was as easy as it'll happen when it happens. What I wouldn't give to be able to NTNP...

(Damn biology :haha:)

Obviously I'm in the same position. But it's true. It will.
I'm as close to NTNP as they get. I do OPKs because I have to but apart from that I just try to go with it. Nothing I can do will change it aside from the usual losing weight and such, which I want to do anyway for my health, not just to get pregnant.

Losing weight is one of the best things anyone with pcos can do, I swear by it. I 100% believe that if I hadn't lost weight I wouldn't have my son now. My diet hasn't been great recently and I've gained 5 lbs, but I'm back on track and hopefully the weight will come off quickly and fingers crossed with more weightloss I'll conceive number 2.

I really hope all you ladies have your dreams come true, we need more bfps on here.

Laura - How did you go about finding a donor? My sister in law (husbands sister) and her wife want to try for a baby next year but she said when they looked online it's about £1000 a pop, and if it doesn't happen at first it could cost them a lot. What are their options?

x

xxx

Personally I found my donor online. There are websites and found you can join for free or a small fee where you can contact people and decide if they're right for you. Obviously there are some dodgy types out there but there're genuine donors too.

Other than that, private sperm from a clinic in the UK is ~£700, from Europe ~£500 or ~£300 if you fly over there.

The NHS is creating a national sperm bank though and from October you'll be able to get sperm from them from ~£300 too apparently. I think that's just for the sperm itself and doesn't include procedures such as DI, IUI, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->