Any PCOS ladies want to chat?

Hey there ladies! This is actually my very first post ever in the TTC boards at all! Wasnt sure where to start but a forum for fellow cysters seemed like a good place to start! I am trying for my first, finally trying and not just NTNP. I just turned 29 and I am so scared my window is closing!

Saw the current topic is sweets, oh man, for the past 4 years I had no desire to eat sugar, the moment I get back on weight watchers... BOOM I crave ice cream and Popsicles non stop. What is with that?! I usually would stick to some cheese over sugar any day.

Hope I am not butting in lol, it has been ages since I posted at all!

Welcome LimeFerret. I know it's scary when ttc with pcos, but some don't have any problems conceiving...I didn't, my son was a happy surprise, I'd lost alot of weight and got my periods regular but still had alot of problems with my pcos (acne and excess hair being the main two). Not so lucky with ttc number 2, but I'm 35 now so maybe my age is going against me.

Anyway you just never know, hopefully it won't take you too long. Are you using opks or charting your temperature? What are your cycles like?

Eline - good luck this weekend, fingers crossed you get a bfp.

Afm - today I'm CD 9 and I've had spotting, this is only the second cycle I've had spotting and never this early. Worries me because the last time I spotted I had a random long cycle...Hope it's nothing but if I get more I'll see my doctor.

Xx

I just started with both, I have tracked it all before so I at least know what I am doing, but my cycles... if you want to call them that, are completely crazy. I had my AF for the first time, in a regular fashion, in 3 years just last month. So I am focusing on charting to see if things are going back to normal, and I am working on losing some weight, because that helped a ton in the past in getting my cycles regular. (I gained about 75 lb in the past 5 years since my first marriage ended) So it is slow going but I am very happy to be on the path!

If you do not mind me asking, how long have you been TTC #2? Happy to hear the first time around happened easily!

We've been trying for 1 year and 2 months, but we did take a break from Jan til March/April because I needed to lose weight and I found the stress of trying to conceive made me eat badly. I had hoped that if we didn't try then I might conceive as we weren't trying the 2 times I fell pregnant (had an mc before falling with my son).

I chart my temp too but need to order opks so better do that today. I hope your cycles are a bit more regular now...so frustrating when they are long. Mine are usually 33/34 days long but the cycle before last was randomly 59 days long. I do ovulate though as had blood tests last cycle, hubby is being tested next to see if his swimmers are swimming. Xx

@LimeFerret: I think it's the fact that some foods are 'forbidden', that makes them suddenly very attractive? Anyway, welcome to the thread!

Afm - Last night I found a hpt in my nightstand and of course I immediately caved and took it. At first it looked negative, although I thought I saw a shadow. But when I picked the test up a little later to study it again, there was a faint line! I'm very excited! :happydance: I'm going to buy another test today and take it tonight, together with my hubby.

Best of luck Eline, I hope you get your bfp. Let us know! x

Ordered Preseed last night, its not cheap but I thought might aswell give it a bash.

xx

Eline that is very exciting!! How many dpo are you?

I'm 12 dpo, 11 dpo yesterday.

I bought some two more hpt's during lunch break. I did notice too late they were blue dye which I'm not a fan off, so I'm hoping to get a very clear line.

Yesterday's line did put an end to my binging of last week, so that's definitely a plus!

I did hear quite a lot of positive things about preseed, Cookie, can't hurt to give it a try!

I'm leaving work in 10 minutes and I'm hoping to test as soon as I get home (if I can pee, that is). I'm so nervous, I haven't been making myself very useful this afternoon, I'm afraid :s

:bfp: :happydance: I'm very happy and excited! I'm going to see my gp on thursday for a blood test and hope everything goes well! I was really hoping I could get a bfp in those first regular months after coming off the pill.

Congrats on the BFP!!!!

I had a whole post to you both typed up but the internet ate it!

I keep wanting to be more active on here and chatty but I get nervous I am going to yap on and on.

@Cookie1979 My internet eaten post had said I really hope the time until your next BFP is short!

I was curious what test brand you use, I use the internet cheapies, and I have never seen a full 100% positive. I dont know if I am missing my window, not ovulating or the tests are always kinda faint. I am thinking they are faint, I think I got my first positive OPK yesterday.

I used internet cheapies as well the first month but I quickly found them unpractical (always having to carry a cup to dip them in - as I tested around noon at work), so I switched during the first month to more expensive poas-ones that were app. 2€ each.

Do you test around noon? Apparently you LH levels are highest around that time. If you test in the morning or in the evening, it's possible you don't get a real peak.

ahh, that may be why then. I am usually at work by noon and I would feel too weird testing there, I commonly test at 7am and around 8 pm. So that could be the reason!
I am crossing my fingers this month, but it seems too perfect, and weird that RIGHT when I am ready to try things just slip into place. It looks like I am about to be in the 2WW!

Congrats eline!!! :happydance: always good to see a pcos lady get a :bfp:

Limeferret - hi! Good luck for the 2ww. I use internet cheapie opks too & usually get a positive, but when I ov on my own it usually lasts about 3 days so it would be hard to miss :-/ some camping shops sell "pop up" cups so you could be discreet with a midday test?

Cookie - how did that spotting go?? Really hope it's a good sign for you :thumbup:

I had a bfn yesterday & spotting today at cd13 so I'm out :cry: cd1 tomorrow so I've hatched a plan. I'm going to try really hard to stick to a low gi diet this month. And exercise every other day - I'm going to start running pre-ov and yoga post ov (I read somewhere that ladies who have ivf are not advised to run in the 2ww as it could impact implantation??? Sounds a bit :wacko: to me but I'll try anything at the moment!!). Gonna stick to b vit, multivitamin & omega supplements as my lp is usually short & 13 dpo spotting is a really big improvement that I suspect is down to the vits.

I AM going to beat pcos! :growlmad:

Thank you! :)

I'm sorry to hear that k4th, but it sounds like you have solid plan for next month! Good luck on your low gi diet! I never heard about running being bad, but I guess it couldn't hurt to do yoga instead. I went to the gym twice during my TWW and I did run 2x 25mins (though in my case very slow jogging would be a more accurate description :blush: ).

Hi ladies

Congrats Eline, really please for you xxx

Good luck for this cycle k4th, I hope you are successful. X

Limeferret - good luck with the 2ww.

Well I've been at the hospital since Tuesday, my son started coughing Monday after having a bit of a cold, by Tuesday morning he was wheezing badly so called the nhs direct line (it's a number you call in the UK for advice and they tell you whether to see the gp/or out of hours doctor or go to the hospital). I was told to get him to the hospital and they sent an ambulance. Was obviously right to send him because he was in for 3 nights. He was discharged this morning...thank goodness.

Said to the hubby we really need to start baby dancing, we've only seen eachother in passing at the hospital. Started getting some ewcm, but am on CD 15 and I don't ovulate til CD 19 so we have time...I think.

Hope everyone is ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->