Any PCOS ladies want to chat?

I'm pretty mad at my PCOS this morning. I've gained the 3lbs back I lost last week. Even though I've been really good with my diet and exercise. And AF was supposed to show yesterday and it hadn't. I even took provera to bring it on.

I'm pretty mad at my PCOS this morning. I've gained the 3lbs back I lost last week. Even though I've been really good with my diet and exercise. And AF was supposed to show yesterday and it hadn't. I even took provera to bring it on.

Hi Kylasbaby, just wanted to wish you well on your weight loss success and ttc. I'm sure your weight gain is most likely water weight b/c your waiting on af. Sometimes Provera takes it's time to get things moving. One month it took 18 days after the pill to start. The following month, it started two days after finishing the pill. Do you take Metformin?

Hi Kylasbaby, just wanted to wish you well on your weight loss success and ttc. I'm sure your weight gain is most likely water weight b/c your waiting on af. Sometimes Provera takes it's time to get things moving. One month it took 18 days after the pill to start. The following month, it started two days after finishing the pill. Do you take Metformin?

Thanks! No no metformin for me. I took it when I was a teenager and it never really did anything for me. Though I was young and also on bcp at the time. But my opk is darker today than yesterday. If it's darker still tomorrow I might be gearing up to ovulate rather than for AF to come.

What's OHSS?

Well I think I'm nearing ovulation, I'm on CD 16, getting quite alot of ewcm and my opk was much darker so might even be a day or 2 away. Based on my last cycle I wasn't expecting to ovulate til CD 20/21 so any earlier is fab. Only problem I have is that I put my back out on Friday and I'm in alot of pain, the thought of baby dancing is not attractive to me at all but I don't want to waste a whole cycle so gonna have to try despite being in pain.

That would be fantastic if you O'ed a bit earlier! Hope youreally able to get some BD'ing in.

Hey ladies, just wanted to check back in and update. I'm 14dpo and tested positive this morning and yesterday as-well. Definitely praying for a sticky bean. This will be my second bfp in my 9yrs of ttc#1. I had a mc in 2005, and not a bfp since. This was my first cycle of trying with Femara and I only have one tube, so we feel really blessed just to have this cycle be successful. Thank you for all the fingers crossed, I needed them. Praying for bfp for all you ladies soon!!!

Congratulations! Fingers crossed for a super sticky bean!

PCOS can be so frustrating. The 3 lbs is probably water weight, so try not to beat yourself up too much. One time when I took Provera I didn't get AF for something like 16 days after the last pill, and I believe it was because I ended up O'ing while I was taking it.

AFM, I'm 10 dpo and got a BFN this morning. :nope: I'm trying to remain hopeful that maybe it's just too early. I had some pretty bad cramping last night and this morning. I was worried AF might be trying to get me early!

Wanting - I think that's my issue. Pretty sure my body is getting ready to ovulate not to greet AF. I don't mind I'd rather ovulate anyway as I haven't yet this cycle. I'm on cd 31 today so it's pretty late but better late than never.

Kylasbaby - did you ovulate like you thought you were going to?

How are the rest of you doing?

I'm still waiting to ovulate - I'm on cd 18, thought it might have happened abit earlier but nope, which is good actually as I hurt my back and have been in alot of pain...thankfully its on the mend now and we managed to bd last night. I should think I'll ovulate cd 20, but will test with an opk when I get in from work, as never know might get my positive today rather than tomorrow. Still getting lots of ewcm so I'm confident that ovulation is near. I'm really looking forward to getting into the 2ww, and feel excited about trying again, we haven't properly tried since November last year, so 5 months of no trying I feel more than ready to do this. I know I made the right decision to take a break and lose weight, I'm 26 lbs down and feeling in a much better place to conceive. xxxx

Cookie - positive opk yesterday along with ovulation pain all weekend and yesterday. So I either ovulated yesterday or am going to today. I'm meeting up with my donor today so I have a little chance of getting pregnant. But with only one donation and this late I'm not very hopeful. We shall see.

When I fell pregnant with my son we only baby danced on the day I ovulated, so I wouldnt say you are too late at all. FX for you xx

Thanks! I'm just hoping I caught it in time. My opk was positive yesterday morning but negative the night before and then negative again at night. So just hoping I'll catch it in time.

Hi, I hope you don't mind me joining you already. I'm 31 and will be ttc #1 starting next month. I'm still taking the pill as in the past I noticed my cycles are more regular immediately after coming off the pill. I'm thinking about ordering some opk's to see if I can use them or not (I had high LH levels in the past). I'm already doing a lot of sports, but I preferably should lose some more weight. I do agree with the other posters that weight has a lot of influence, in the past I did notice that losing weight equals shorter cycles.

Welcome Eline. Good luck ttc, I hope you get your bfp quickly. Hopefully you will have regular cycles once you stop taking the pill.

Have you heard of inositol? If you are still having high lh levels might be an idea to try it, supposed to lower testosterone levels, which then lowers lh levels (because high testosterone causes high lh levels). I'm supposed to be taking it but been totally useless recently, and keep forgetting, I'm going to try and sort it out and take them regularly.

Here's some information:

https://www.pcosdietsupport.com/supplements/inositol-and-pcos/

https://www.pcosdiva.com/2012/07/de-mystifying-myo-inositol/

Think its worth a try for all of us really!!!! :)

I get mine from Amazon, used to get it from Holland and Barrett (I'm in the uk) but they stopped stocking it due to lack of demand (I emailed them as couldn't see it on their website).

By the way Inositol and Myo-inositol are the same thing.

I'm 12 dpo and BFN so I'm not holding out much hope for this cycle now! AF should come Friday so now I'm just in wait mode!

Hey! Can I join you ladies?! I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 27 and now starting to ttc #1 at age 31. We started back in November and I ended up getting pregnant on our first try! However, it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. I've been trying ever since! I just started taking Inositol, actually, at the end of March. I have been normally ovulating on CD20 but this cycle after taking Inositol for one month I ovulated on CD16! I am also taking folic acid, vitamin D, and Omega 3 vitamins. I also lost 10 pounds after taking Inositol. So I now have a normal BMI! :)

I am currently in the tww on 10dpo and really hoping this is the month! :) We're on our 6th cycle trying and our 5th cycle after miscarriage.

Lsd2721 - that's fab that the inositol has had such a positive effect on your cycles. Make me more determined to take it regularly. How much do you take? Sorry about your chemical, it's so upsetting I know...it will happen for you and next time it will stick. Xxx

Waiting2010 - you still have time, I definitely wouldn't say a bfn at 12 dpo means you are out. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Xx

Kylasbaby - sorry to hear that xx

I'm 12 dpo and BFN so I'm not holding out much hope for this cycle now! AF should come Friday so now I'm just in wait mode!

Hi, just wanted to say don't give up so soon. I didn't get my BFP until 13dpo and I actually thought it was negative. When I left the room to go throw it away, I just happened to look at it again(in a different light) and saw the faintest line. Woke hubby up and he saw it too. Did another that evening it was about the same. Used CB digital on 14dpo and it was positive. I was going to wait until missed AF to test, but my bbs usually start to be tender about a week before AF and I didn't have any symptoms. They still show no sign of hurting now. Fingers crossed for you:hugs:

Hey! Can I join you ladies?! I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 27 and now starting to ttc #1 at age 31. We started back in November and I ended up getting pregnant on our first try! However, it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. I've been trying ever since! I just started taking Inositol, actually, at the end of March. I have been normally ovulating on CD20 but this cycle after taking Inositol for one month I ovulated on CD16! I am also taking folic acid, vitamin D, and Omega 3 vitamins. I also lost 10 pounds after taking Inositol. So I now have a normal BMI! :)

I am currently in the tww on 10dpo and really hoping this is the month! :) We're on our 6th cycle trying and our 5th cycle after miscarriage.

Fingers crossed for you this cycle!

I am CD13 and used an OPK for the first time today, for those who use OPK's what CD do you start testing on, and where do you buy them? In the drug stores the kits are pretty pricey.

Cookie, I take 4g a day. 2g in the morning and 2g in the evening! They say if you're trying to conceive it's great to take it with Folic Acid! :) I honestly didn't think I would work this quickly. Next cycle I plan on getting rid of dairy! I tend to have high levels of testosterone so I am hoping this will give me that much more of an edge. The following is a link to he Inositol that I use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013OUKPC/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have read lots of stuff off of the PCOS Diet Support website. I really like the information on there!

Where is everyone else in their cycles?!

Wanting 2010, Don't give up, it ain't over til the witch shows! Fx for you!

Thanks lsd, I already have inositol (i also buy it from Amazon but am from the UK) I had planned to take 4g a day...I'll make sure as of today I take it plus folic acid. Hopefully it will help my cycles.

Tonya - I buy the cheap opks off of Amazon, they work just as well as more expensive ones. I start testing CD 16 but I don't tend to ovulate til CD 20.

I'm CD 19 today, last night my opk was nearly positive, and I've been having lots if ewcm although today still have ewcm but not as much...can you get your lh surge through the night? Wonder if I'll ovulate today. Opk looks positive this morning with second wee, but hadn't really drunk anything so is it accurate with first wee? I'll try again later this morning.

I looked at it again and I dont think it is quite positive so Im going to wait til this afternoon to test again, hopefully will finally get a positive opk. xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->