Any PCOS ladies want to chat?

Sorry af arrived wanting, FX for this next cycle xxx

Lsd - I didn't have a clue about cervix checking last year but gave it a go and soon noticed differences through my cycle. If you start checking you will soon see how it changes depending on where you are in your cycle. It's the same with cm, you check regularly and will see a pattern and so know what is normal for you.

Actually remembering to take my inositol, hopefully next cycle I will benefit.

Had weigh in last night at my slimming group, I stayed the same...need to get back on track, not really lost any weight in weeks, at least I'm not gaining I guess. Just important that I keep losing as I know how important it is for my cycles. Xxx

Hope everyone is well? Xx

My opk was twice as dark as yesterday, but still about half as dark as the control line, I'm going to test again tonight

If I don't get a bfp I'll try to start checking my cervix. I have trouble figuring out my cm. Especially when having sex, his semen stuff slowly makes it's way down the next day since we bd at night! Sorry if tmi!! Plus my cm tends to have a yellow tint.

Cookie, it's great you're not gaining! Keep up the good work! It's so hard to loose and keep it off.

Sounds like it's heading in the right direction...perhaps you'll get your positive tomorrow x

Not much going on with me. Went to the doctor and got the run around to get the test results from my D&C surgery. Needless to say I still don't have the results. I'm pretty sure I have found my new donor. Just waiting another week and a half or so for AF.

Cookie, good job maintaining your weight! Lately I've been doing the yo yo thing, gaining and losing the same 5 lbs over and over again.

Tonya, hopefully you will get a clear positive soon!

lsd, it can definitely be difficult to get the hang of checking your cervix/CM. I have a hard time distinguishing between my cervix being hard or soft.

KylasBaby, sorry to hear about the run around with the doctor! I hope you can get your results soon.

Thanks for the encouragement ladies! I will start my soy tomorrow, so looking forward to getting started with that! I'm thinking we will do the SMEP this cycle to make sure we give plenty of swimmers every opportunity to meet the egg haha!

Lsd - apparently there is a water test you can do, sperm dissolves in water, cM doesn't. I think that's the right way round.

Kylasbaby - hope you get the results soon, sometimes you wonder why test results take so long.

Wanting - good luck with the soy.

I'm a real yo yo dieter, I go up and down by a good 28 lbs if not more. I'm currently 16 lbs above my pre pregnancy weight and the lightest I've been as an adult but my goal is to lose a total of 30 lbs. The good thing is the slimming plan I follow can be done through pregnancy, so if I do get pregnant I will continue with it to stop me gaining. I gained 56 lbs in my pregnancy, do not want to do that again.

Took my temp this morning just to see if it's higher than the few temps I took before ovulation, and it was by a fair bit. Next cycle I'm going to persevere with the temperature charting.

Xx

It can be so hard to lose weight and keep it off! I've kept off the 30 lbs I lost in 2012, thankfully. I gained 29 lbs while pregnant and got back to my pre baby weight around August/September. My biggest problems are, I have a MAJOR sweet tooth. I love junk, especially chocolate and ice cream and I have very little willpower to say no to those things. And my next problem is that I am an evening snacker. I can do awesome ALL day and then in the evening I want a handful of this, a handful of that, a bite of that...and it completely ruins the day.

That's great that you have a post O temp! I think all the signs are definitely pointing toward O.

No it's not hat the results have taken a while. My doctor doesn't even have any record of the tests even being done or taken or being in progress. I got billed for them so I know they did them. Not sure I'll ever get those results.

Oh that is rubbish kylasbaby!!!

Wanting2010 - I have a sweet tooth too, I have to have something in the evening, so I have low calorie bars, I have one every night with a cup of tea (you can tell I'm British - can't get through the day without my cups of tea). It really helps me stay on track because I don't feel deprived.

Just out of interest what pcos symptoms do everyone experience?

I have irregular cycles as soon as I gain weight, excess hair (although it's not too bad), acne, weight problem (constant struggle) and greasy hair. Might think of more issues once I see other people's problems.

I do not seem to have fertility problems, I conceived twice, both times I wasn't trying, the first I lost very early on, and the second got me my son. I did try for 6 months last year but I'd put weight on so I'm not overly surprised I wasn't successful, I've now lost weight (and continuing to do so) so hopefully will conceive number 2 soon.

I'm assuming I'm 3 dpo today, I have sore boobs and I'm really gassy (tmi), the latter might well be my ibs.

Xxx

Very irregular and anovulatory cycles (100+ days), excess hair on my chin, overweight. I don't have trouble losing weight as long as I stay within my calorie allotment...but staying within my calorie allotment is sometimes easier said than done, lol. I do have fertility problems due to my PCOS. It took nearly 2 years of trying before I conceived my son, and that was 2 years of TTC with fertility treatments because I did not O on my own at all! Thankfully the weight I've lost has really seemed to help improve that aspect of my PCOS since soy worked for me last cycle! I tried it before in the past and did not O.

We had been NTNP for several months, but my cycles didn't return until last month after I weaned my son in March. I'm hoping for a quick TTC journey this time as I'd really like my kids to have a close age gap! My sisters are all so much older than me that I grew up as an only child, basically, and I hated it! This cycle will be my last shot for 2 under 2 haha.

Cookie, are you going to wait til AF is due to test or are you an early tester like me? ;)

I'm an early tester, I've got about 50 IC's upstairs. I'm a bit unsure whether I ovulated though, I shouldn't Google so much but apparently the sore nipples I have could be high estrogen. I've never had high estrogen before and always seem to ovulate when I've tracked my cycles in the past but not sure about this one. I do always get sore nips after ovulation but never so soon after ovulation. Took my temp again today and it was a bit lower but not by lunch and still quite a bit above my pre ovulation temps. Dec charting my temp this cycle.

I've started taking raspberry ketones to try and help the weightloss and I'm being really good so I hope that my weight will get moving.

Really positive that you ovulated last cycle wanting, the weightloss will have really helped. Weightloss is the only reason I have my son.

Right I'm off to do a charity walk for cancer research in a bit so better get ready, walking is the only exercise I do, planning on doing a 13 mile walk in July and 26 in September (if I don't fall pregnant).

Xx

I get excess hair on my chin and the sides of my cheeks. I have also had some really bad cysts on my ovaries. So bad that I can feel them popping. I have a high testosterone levels in my body and tend to get mood swings a lot! I'm not sure about fertility problems as this is my first time ttc. I hope not!

Cookie, I had no idea about the water test! ha! I might have to give that a go!

Well, looks like I am out. I took a test today which was negative and also saw what is probably the start of my period. :( Oh well, on to the next month.

Lsd - did your af arrive?

How is everyone doing? Where are you in your cycles.

I think I'm 7 dpo, I am not 100% about that due to missing doing my temps at the vital times, and the whole opk almost being positive having ewcm etc. I have since been taking my temps regularly and they are significantly higher than my pre O temps and they are staying up, so I'm taking that as a positive sign.

Hope everyone is well xx

I am on CD20, and unless I O'd before I started using OPK on day 12, I don't think I have.
I am going to keep using them since this is my first cycle after pregnancy I guess it could be any length!

Tonya - yes it could make your cycle longer, when I had my mc I think my cycle was just a couple of days longer but it can really vary person to person. How long are your cycles usually? xx

I did get my period on Monday. :( Have been a bit upset since. It's okay though, I am picking myself up and trying again!

Cookie, it definitely sounds like you've ovulated! Good luck! When do you plan on testing?!

Lsd - oh I'm sorry to hear your af arrived, FX this cycle is your cycle. I tested today which was silly as its too early but couldn't seem to help myself. I have loads of internet cheapies so doesn't matter if I waste them. I'll now prob test daily and drive myself completely insane.

Tonya - this cycle may be a little longer but they will get back to normal after I'm sure.

X

lsd- so sorry that the witch got you! I hope this cycle will be yours!

Tonya- good idea to keep testing with the OPKs. Your cycles can definitely be different post baby, but hopefully will get back to normal for you soon!

Cookie- I think it definitely sounds like you ovulated! I'm so glad I'm not the only crazy POASaholic! I
It's so hard to resist testing when you have lots of cheapies to test with. What cheapies do you use?

Not much going on with me right now. I'm CD 7 and just took my last dose of soy tonight. Probably will start doing OPKs on CD 10...hoping for O around day 14/15 again!

I'm off work for 7 days and thrilled about it! DH and I are heading out of town this weekend, so that'll be fun and help time pass quicker! Then next week I have an appointment with my OB/GYN to discuss TTC. By that time I should have a positive OPK if I'm going to get one so I'll ask if they will test my progesterone just to confirm O and make sure my levels are okay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->