Any PCOS ladies want to chat?

I usually started my opks on CD10. I always used the clearblue digital opks because it took all the guess work. They are a bit more expensive but for me it was worth it. Instead of double lines they give you smiley faces! Made it so much easier for me!

Cookie, good luck today! Hope you get that positive and can enter the TWW with me! :)

My OPK was much lighter then yesterday, do you think I could have missed my O day? Should they get darker and darker each day?

I have the same problem, yesterday early evening the opk was almost positive, this morning almost positive, this afternoon was darkish but not as dark as previous ones and this evening barely a line at all. Totally confused, I usually have a one day surge, so if it did surge it was 8 hours at the most maybe more. I don't have as much ewcm which makes me think ovulation is imminent, as usually the day I ovulate I barely have any ewcm, but loads the day before. Either short surge last night and I'm ovulating today/tomorrow or I'm not ovulating at all. Based on my last cycle I totally expected to get my positive today and ovulate tomorrow. We are covered of I do ovulate as we've baby danced plenty.

May be you had a short surge Tonya?? Xx

I haven't BD at all, once you get a positive on the OPK how long until you actually O?

Anywhere between 12 hours and 48 hours I think. Usually 1-2 days after I think. Xx

What's OHSS?

Well I think I'm nearing ovulation, I'm on CD 16, getting quite alot of ewcm and my opk was much darker so might even be a day or 2 away. Based on my last cycle I wasn't expecting to ovulate til CD 20/21 so any earlier is fab. Only problem I have is that I put my back out on Friday and I'm in alot of pain, the thought of baby dancing is not attractive to me at all but I don't want to waste a whole cycle so gonna have to try despite being in pain.

OHSS = Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovarian_hyperstimulation_syndrome

well done on your weight loss that's brilliant :) I really need a kick up the bum!! x I will be doing okay all day and then in the evenings it all goes out the window! :-/ x

Hey! Can I join you ladies?! I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 27 and now starting to ttc #1 at age 31. We started back in November and I ended up getting pregnant on our first try! However, it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. I've been trying ever since! I just started taking Inositol, actually, at the end of March. I have been normally ovulating on CD20 but this cycle after taking Inositol for one month I ovulated on CD16! I am also taking folic acid, vitamin D, and Omega 3 vitamins. I also lost 10 pounds after taking Inositol. So I now have a normal BMI! :)

I am currently in the tww on 10dpo and really hoping this is the month! :) We're on our 6th cycle trying and our 5th cycle after miscarriage.

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your chemical. I had one when I was TTC my son and it was devastating. Fingers crossed for you! :hugs:

I am CD13 and used an OPK for the first time today, for those who use OPK's what CD do you start testing on, and where do you buy them? In the drug stores the kits are pretty pricey.

I started around CD8, but I am a major POASaholic. I buy wondfo strips from amazon, or use dollar store ones. They are much cheaper!

Thanks lsd, I already have inositol (i also buy it from Amazon but am from the UK) I had planned to take 4g a day...I'll make sure as of today I take it plus folic acid. Hopefully it will help my cycles.

Tonya - I buy the cheap opks off of Amazon, they work just as well as more expensive ones. I start testing CD 16 but I don't tend to ovulate til CD 20.

I'm CD 19 today, last night my opk was nearly positive, and I've been having lots if ewcm although today still have ewcm but not as much...can you get your lh surge through the night? Wonder if I'll ovulate today. Opk looks positive this morning with second wee, but hadn't really drunk anything so is it accurate with first wee? I'll try again later this morning.

I looked at it again and I dont think it is quite positive so Im going to wait til this afternoon to test again, hopefully will finally get a positive opk. xXx

OPKs can be frustrating sometimes! It's possible you did have your surge through the night. How many positives do you usually get?

My OPK was much lighter then yesterday, do you think I could have missed my O day? Should they get darker and darker each day?

It's possible you did miss your surge. I would keep testing! With PCOS especially your LH levels can fluctuate.

I have the same problem, yesterday early evening the opk was almost positive, this morning almost positive, this afternoon was darkish but not as dark as previous ones and this evening barely a line at all. Totally confused, I usually have a one day surge, so if it did surge it was 8 hours at the most maybe more. I don't have as much ewcm which makes me think ovulation is imminent, as usually the day I ovulate I barely have any ewcm, but loads the day before. Either short surge last night and I'm ovulating today/tomorrow or I'm not ovulating at all. Based on my last cycle I totally expected to get my positive today and ovulate tomorrow. We are covered of I do ovulate as we've baby danced plenty.

May be you had a short surge Tonya?? Xx

Hopefully you will figure out what's going on with your OPK's! Fingers crossed for you!

Thank you all for the encouragement, ladies. I'm spotting tonight so I'm sure the witch will be visiting me in full force tomorrow! 13 or 14 day LP, depending on if I ovulated CD 14 or 15- I'll take it! :happydance: I'll be taking soy again this cycle, I will probably take 160 mg all 5 days instead of 120 mg for 2 days and 160 for the remaining 3. Time should go pretty quickly for me since DH and I have a weekend getaway planned for our upcoming anniversary over Memorial Day weekend, and hopefully it will be around O time so we should be able to get in plenty of BDing!

Hello ladies
I am currently on CD 86! I am waiting to meet with an RE for the first time. I have done 3 rounds of clomid so far and ovulated on 50mg:happydance: but I was planning my wedding so we had to stop trying for about 6 months. Now that were married and settled I'm ready to jump on that ttc wagon again. I have PCOS and almost no AF without intervention :growlmad: I don't see the dr until the 28th and iv been trying everything to pass the time...hopefully I can keep you ladies updated through my journey. I just want to have one forum that I can really relate to.:cry: this seems to be the one I wish all you ladies luck:dust:

Wanting - it's been a little while since I have used opks, but last year I'm sure the surges were pretty short, definitely less than 24 hours but how much shorter I don't know. Weird thing is that I have sore nipples which I don't usually get til after ovulation. Haven't checked my cm yet as I seem to have company every time I go to the bathroom, my 3 year old doesn't understand privacy. Hope your af doesn't arrive despite the spotting. Fx for you. Xxx

Update: I've checked my cm and its no longer stretchy, so I'm just going to assume I ovulated, keep checking my cm and if it becomes ewcm again I will test with opks, and if it doesnt then will stick with the assumption that I did O. Just wish I'd continued with charting my temp, but gave up due to inaccurate temps (no sleep due to a bad back over several nights).

Jahnella - welcome! That's fab that you ovulated at 50mg of clomid, sounds very positive. Hopefully once you see the doctor you can get started on it again quickly. Xxx

Thank you for the tip, Cookie, I never even heard of Inositol, but I'm looking into it as we speak.

Hi lsd, it's nice to know I'm not the only 31-year-old TTC #1. Fx!

I think you need a higher dose of inositol to get benefits, they recommend 4g, which is 4000mg. Which has reminded me I need to take mine and my folic acid this morning.

xx

Thanks for the advice, I will keep doing the OPK's until I get a positive or AF, just to see.
I think I'll order some online since that will be the cheapest but for now I'll use the $$ store ones

Oh well that's dumb haha. Might get some to add to my morning smoothies. Like my maca root. Which I swear is why I ovulated this cycle. I had been taking it in capsules but two weeks ago switched back to the powder and then I ovulated. So I'm sure that was why. I used the powder before and it worked like a charm.

I will look up maca root...always willing to try anything that will help. xx

Oh man I so recommend it! My PCOS is bad. And I start taking it and every time if ovulate about two or so weeks later. It's the only thing I can find that really regulates me. But not the capsules. They did nothing. Only the powder works for me. I put it in my morning smoothies because it tastes nasty.

I will google it then.

Just checked my cervix and it changed to closed and feels like the tip of a nose and apparently that happens after ovulation. Obviously it doesn't mean I definitely did ovulate, but definitely know I'm not going to anytime soon so I won't bother with opks anymore. Boobs are sore too which also points to ovulation. Will keep checking my cm and cervix incase my body does gear up to ovulate, but if it doesn't then will stick with the assumption that ovulation has happened.

xx

Good luck cookie! :) Fx for you! I have never checked my cervix before. I figured that with the OPKs I was using and checking my CM would be enough but after this cycle and ovulating early I wish I was checking it. I wouldn't know how to though! LOL I get very confused with my own CM because mine seems to have a yellow tint to it (which my OBGYN says is normal) and I can never really tell what kind it is! TMI I'm sorry!

When did you start taking Inositol? Do any of y'all chart?!

Cookie I think it sounds like you have ovulated! Fingers crossed for some good news in a couple of weeks.

AF is definitely here visiting me today, and the cramps are terrible. It's already heavier and more painful than the last, which was my first PP AF.

Sorry to hear that Wanting! Enjoy your getaway! Good luck this cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->