Any "plus-size", bigger gals TTC their first? :)

Hi Everyone, I'm plus size and TTCing. We just started, this was my first cycle, and I really thought I was pregnant but BFN, when :witch: showed up this morning. I never realized how awful it was going to feel getting a BFN. I just cry'd all morning, and of course wonder could something be wrong with me? I have been under a lot of stress lately maybe that had something to do with it. I know I sound crazy, I'm sorry:wacko: Does anyone have any tips for relaxing during this process or how to handle BFN better?

Hi Everyone, I'm plus size and TTCing. We just started, this was my first cycle, and I really thought I was pregnant but BFN, when :witch: showed up this morning. I never realized how awful it was going to feel getting a BFN. I just cry'd all morning, and of course wonder could something be wrong with me? I have been under a lot of stress lately maybe that had something to do with it. I know I sound crazy, I'm sorry:wacko: Does anyone have any tips for relaxing during this process or how to handle BFN better?

I know the feeling of getting BFNs. I took HPT this morning and it was a sucky BFN. I had a good cry and went shopping for baking knick knacks. I love to bake so it was relaxing for me. I find that having a good cry helps me because it releases my disappointment and frustration and then my mind starts kicking in. Then I start planning again for the next cycle. I'm really sorry for your BFN. :hugs:

I'm also trying to conceive my first I am 30 5"5 weigh 320 and my doctor has said I should be able to conceive with no problem but I'm still a little worried hoping to get my bfp soon

Hi
Isnt the statistic that a "normal" couple conceive within the first 12 mths. So really no one shud worry until 12 mths has gone. I no it is hard to get a bfn. But just look on to the next mth.
Vic x

Hi Hawaii

I don't really have any tips for managing disappointment. We've all been there and we will be there again, many times.

I tend to start testing early so I know it will be a bfn. That way I have control over it in a weird way.

Everyone handles this whole ttc thing differently. As far as trying not to hope or trying to avoid disappointment.... I don't. I throw everything I have into believing this month is it.

I won't lie though - it's exhausting! I've had some months where I've taken time out and deliberately not DTD at the right time. Just to have a bit of control over my life.

But in answer to your question, if I know I'm heartbroken and hurt every time it doesn't work, then I know that I still want it more than ever and that I am still alive, in spite of the numbness and emptiness I feel, I'm alive and still want this baby.

So, no magic answers here. Just perseverance and hope.

Hi BBWttc

It's perfectly normal to worry. After all, we all came to this thread because of our size. Everyone is always saying on tv and in magazines that if you are overweight then everything is harder or more risky.

Hope you stick around as the girls here are lovely and you will find great support x

Sorry, Hawaii. As for relaxing....ummm....booze? A labotomy? Who knows? Crazy loves company, and you're in the right place. lol ;) We all know how frustrating it is to see that ONE line, month after month. :(

Vic - Does knowing what's "normal" actually stop YOU from worrying? If so....I want some of what you've got, girl. lol I am a big ol' bowl of crazy and knowing what's normal does NOT stop me from worrying about all the worst-case scenarios. lol

I've been trying off and on for 5+ years though. :(

if I know I'm heartbroken and hurt every time it doesn't work, then I know that I still want it more than ever and that I am still alive, in spite of the numbness and emptiness I feel, I'm alive and still want this baby.

Agree 100%. It let's you know that you still want it THAT bad...and when you get it, imagine just how happy you'll be. :hugs: \

Hang in there. We can do this, ladies. :)
We've been through a lot more adversity just based on our weight alone than a lot of other people. We're tough ladies. TTC? Heck...we got this. ;)

I'm also trying to conceive my first I am 30 5"5 weigh 320 and my doctor has said I should be able to conceive with no problem but I'm still a little worried hoping to get my bfp soon

It is difficult not to worry. When people know that we are TTC-ing, some will always point out our weight. I've had some of my friends (some co-workers) say that I should lose weight so that I will get pregnant. I know people who are even heavier than me and they conceived without difficulty. As long as you know you're ovulating and that you dh has no problems, you should get your BFP soon. Good luck!

Hi ladies. AF got me today. I don't know what happened. I only had a 6 day luteal phase so that's pretty worrisome right there. This was the 1st cycle I took fertilaid though so maybe that messed me up? I'll continue taking it this cycle and if it's still messed up then I'll stop. So far my cramping is a lot less than it usually is so i guess it helped with that. I ordered my supplies for next cycle (conceive plus, OPK, more fertilaid) so I'm all set. Onto April!

so ladies who got BFN's for this cycle are you going to try next cycle even though it's going to be a holiday baby? My husband and I have been back and forth about it. Are any of you holiday babies and love it or hate it?

Hi hawaiilover. I don't really want a Christmas baby, but if it happens I will be just as happy anyway. My husband's birthday is December 19th and he hates it being so close to Christmas. He often gets his presents wrapped in Christmas paper. It's a small thing, but it irks him.

Hi ladies. AF got me today. I don't know what happened. I only had a 6 day luteal phase so that's pretty worrisome right there. This was the 1st cycle I took fertilaid though so maybe that messed me up? I'll continue taking it this cycle and if it's still messed up then I'll stop. So far my cramping is a lot less than it usually is so i guess it helped with that. I ordered my supplies for next cycle (conceive plus, OPK, more fertilaid) so I'm all set. Onto April!

Hi hun sorry to hear that witch got you but good to hear your so positive :) gonna send you some :dust: in the post ready for this next cycle for you hun :hugs:

Im willing this witch to come visit me right now as im done with this cycle now.... fed up, symptoms are doing my head in and im just completely out of steam :(

Film night with my gorgeous fella tonight so hes picked the horrors and its cuddle time now with the hot water bottle so ill check back in 2moro :) night night :hugs:

* Night night girls :) hope your all having a lovely chilled out night :) * xx

AF got me today, too! Big big BIG SIGH! Oh well, maybe we'll be lucky next month. And having a Christmas baby is not ideal but I will definitely take it!!!

Hello Ladies :)

Well what a lonnnnnng day.

Fell asleep before Hostel 3 even started and slept for about 2 hours then when I woke up couldn't get back off to sleep so ended up staying awake until nearly 5am when I suddenly got really tired and dropped off to sleep. For a few days I have been having tension pains in my muscles (I have suffered with Anxiety disorder for over 10 years) I get a particularly bad pain in my chest area towards my clavicle ( I think that is the right word) I have spoke to the Dr about it and she said its tension pains and not chest pains.

So of course last night about an hour and a half after I had finally dropped off I get woken up by this pain. My half asleep tired mind sent me into a panic as I have a phobia of heart attacks so of course I thought it was this but I quickly realised it was this tension pain so I had to get my sleepy butt out of bed and do my heat pad :sleep: and by then it was after 6.30am and I never went back off to sleep.

Now I am overly tired and channel surfing while I try and get to sleep.

BFN again this morning but I was so sleepy when I did it that I barely registered it at the time and so didn't get as sad as usual. I think I am looking more at a 34 day cycle like last month so have altered my ticker which now says I have 2 days until AF is due so I will not count myself as late until after that.

Only a few cramps today nothing major but burst into tears over nothing a couple of times today but I think that was more down to being tired than anything else.

Hubby back at work after a weeks holiday tomorrow and I am seriously considering spending the whole day in bed chilling. There is (as always) tons of housework to do but it will still be there Tuesday :haha:

:hugs: to everyone hope your day went better than mine lol

Hi Hawaii, welcome!!! :flower: I have been TTC for 4 months and the disappointment of AF cycle after cycle is definitely draining on the emotions, I have to say that talking to all the ladies here has been the best thing for my mind, body, and soul:thumbup: you know what they say: there is power in numbers! And while we all have those moments that we think "I'm done with this", there's someone here who has been through it and survived to make it to another cycle! Lots of baby dust to you :hugs::dust:

Bbbunny I'm sorry to hear of your anxiety related aches :nope: have you always had the clavicle region pain? Good for you for wanting to laze about tuesday :thumbup: I start my last eight weeks of school tuesday and I have been doing nothing but bumming around the house with my furry friend ( my miniature poodle) and loving it :smug: FX for a BFP!!! :hugs:

As far as I'm concerned a Christmas baby just means money saved for family presents ha ha ha ha ha!!! :xmas12:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->