Any "plus-size", bigger gals TTC their first? :)

Magan im with you on the expense of eating out! I never eat breakfast and lunch at home and easily spend 50-60 a week on food...that doesn't even include dinner!! I think i need to start preparing food before i leave the house but...why does food you cook yourself never taste as good!?

Hey
Iv been on my diet since may 2011, iv lost 43lbs now, so quite happy, but still got more to go.
N i got aletter today got my gynae fertility apt on 25th appril. Im hopin for clomid as i have pcos n tried on n off for 3 yrs. but i know i need a lower bmi, so think he wil send me away n tell me to lose more. Wil jus have to wait n see now.
Vic x

Well just caught up with reading every thing, i dont want to scare new comers away by saying i think we should lose weight together, if someone wants to lose weight on their own and in their own time then thats ok, i just thought it might be an idea to see if we could do a pact to lose a stone, could do it in 2 months if you wanted to instead of a month, and that way it would maybe shift the focus off ttc (we dont have to stop bding or charting or anything like that) to losing a little weight which is oviously better off our bodies than on our hips huh and it would get us that little step closer to a big baby bump, see the way i see it is this, i am 18 stone and if i got pregnant now im looking at gaining maybe 2-3 stone from cravings a baby, i would be 21-22 stone whilst giving birth and then there might be complications due to my weight, if i lost a couple of stone and fell pregnant then i wouldnt be so worried if i gained baby weight and went back up to 18 stone, more weight we lose the more we can afford to gain when we have that beautiful big baby bump :) we could start our own little group and new thread or stay on this one, so that we can all go on and do a daily diary if you choose to at the end of the day, could give and take advice, encourage people, help keep motivation going and get healthy ready for pregnancy :) so who is up for the challenge? its by no means a race, and those who do not lose the stone at the end is not a loser because any pound that drops off is a pound closer to being a mum and thats all that matters to us at the moment :)

I am in :)

Maybe a separate thread would be a good idea as then the ladies who do not want to take part don't have to read all our posts on it lol

My only worry is that I think there is a weight loss and diet section on baby and bump somewhere and they may move a thread to there and I might not find it lol

Another BFN this morning so I am not getting anymore tests until Wednesday if AF hasn't shown by then. This is so typical that she is playing silly beggars again as soon as we start TTC again. :growlmad:

Inlaws coming again tonight and if they mention babies I might just start :cry: so will warn hubby to steer conversation away from that kind of thing.

Has anyone purchased any baby stuff since TTC? I do not even though it is tempting as I feel it would jinx us. The only stuff I do have is things I got before I had the miscarriage. It's only a couple of winnie the pooh all in ones and some bunny booties but I will not throw them away. I keep them in a drawer and look at them sometimes. The stuff is over ten years old now and I wouldn't put it on any baby we were lucky enough to have but I just cannot seem to let it go.

How is everyones day going? Glad it is the weekend but lots to do before Monday. Need to get some curtains for the spare room as I don't want the neighbours watching me trying to work out :blush:

I think the diet thing is a gd idea. We obviously all need to lose a lb or more to get healthier for our baby bumps. Sounds fun x

You look like you are already doing so well Vic going off your ticker!!!

Any tips and tricks? :)

I am in :)

Maybe a separate thread would be a good idea as then the ladies who do not want to take part don't have to read all our posts on it lol

My only worry is that I think there is a weight loss and diet section on baby and bump somewhere and they may move a thread to there and I might not find it lol

Another BFN this morning so I am not getting anymore tests until Wednesday if AF hasn't shown by then. This is so typical that she is playing silly beggars again as soon as we start TTC again. :growlmad:

Inlaws coming again tonight and if they mention babies I might just start :cry: so will warn hubby to steer conversation away from that kind of thing.

Has anyone purchased any baby stuff since TTC? I do not even though it is tempting as I feel it would jinx us. The only stuff I do have is things I got before I had the miscarriage. It's only a couple of winnie the pooh all in ones and some bunny booties but I will not throw them away. I keep them in a drawer and look at them sometimes. The stuff is over ten years old now and I wouldn't put it on any baby we were lucky enough to have but I just cannot seem to let it go.

How is everyones day going? Glad it is the weekend but lots to do before Monday. Need to get some curtains for the spare room as I don't want the neighbours watching me trying to work out :blush:

see it wont just be weight loss its still TTC so we can stay right here yeh, its ttc diary AND help and advice and support to each other on weight loss. im just thinking that we get stressed every month with the whole ttc conversations and everything that goes with ttc, i was told by a very wise old lade (my aunty) that things will happen when you least expect it and the more you want something the more dissappointing it will be when you dont get it so if we shift a lot of our focus off ttc and put it into weight loss and stress about that instead, you never know we might start losing weight and get that bfp if we dont focus on it so much, and any weight loss is great no matter how little or large it is... The title for the thread could be Curvy bumps diarys and advice.. that way if new comers want to come by and see it and want to join in then they can... or ill start a thread for ttc and you can all join in on that one and we can come back to this one to keep checking in with everyone and see how everyones doing what do you think??

sooooooooooooooooo nervous..................... hair cut at 7pm :/ butterflies in belly..... i would rather have a tooth taken out man :/

I'm in! :happydance:

I just joined fit day as well - the friends i have on ww said they recommended this website to supplement their ww but they've mostly used it for what they need. I'll start there because it's free! We're going do this ladies and get our BFP's along the way!!!!!!!!!

First i started on the cambridge diet. Lost most of the weight on that. Now i use the 'my fitness pal' app n have 1300 cals a day, seems to be workin for me. N go gym a few times a wk. All whilst ttc, been off work nearly 4 yrs with a dizzy migraine condition, had a bad car crash. N now being tested for neuro conditions. So fun fun lol.
X

Im in for the weight loss deal! I picked up a bunch of ww books (recent ones) and im determined to do something about my weight......soooo more veggies and fruit and lean meats for me...less cheese :)cry:) and bread!

tonight i will walk the gigantic grocery store for my exercise, tomorrow helping friends clean out their grandmother's house (so lots of walking and sweating!) Ill have to wear my pedometer and track my steps tomorrow

Im not fooling myself, i wont ever be "skinny" but i want to eat better and get rid of my bingo wings too! :happydance:

Im in for the weight loss deal! I picked up a bunch of ww books (recent ones) and im determined to do something about my weight......soooo more veggies and fruit and lean meats for me...less cheese :)cry:) and bread!

tonight i will walk the gigantic grocery store for my exercise, tomorrow helping friends clean out their grandmother's house (so lots of walking and sweating!) Ill have to wear my pedometer and track my steps tomorrow

Im not fooling myself, i wont ever be "skinny" but i want to eat better and get rid of my bingo wings too! :happydance:

I wont ever be skinny either but i dont want to, i like having curves, plus my fella wouldnt like it if i was skinny... but every pound lost is a pound that the baby can put on me as pregnancy weight. i know women who were big and one lost as little as 20 lbs whilst ttc and she fell pregnant so thats all i need to know :) motivation is what i need....

Update... had my hair chopped off just now and i was freaking out the whole time as i havent gone short since i was 8 years old... i fricking love it :) lots of layers and its nice and chopsy :) easy to manage now :) :happydance:

I wont ever be skinny either but i dont want to, i like having curves, plus my fella wouldnt like it if i was skinny... but every pound lost is a pound that the baby can put on me as pregnancy weight. i know women who were big and one lost as little as 20 lbs whilst ttc and she fell pregnant so thats all i need to know :) motivation is what i need....

Update... had my hair chopped off just now and i was freaking out the whole time as i havent gone short since i was 8 years old... i fricking love it :) lots of layers and its nice and chopsy :) easy to manage now :) :happydance:

I want to see it!!!!

I'm in for the diet stuff! Sorry not been writing much, I've been reading everything though xx

Just feel a bit ill at the mo

I'm in for the diet stuff! Sorry not been writing much, I've been reading everything though xx

Just feel a bit ill at the mo

aww hun hope its nothing too serious :( whats up?? ill deffo try and get a pic up soon as i can get the camera to work properly :)

Just have a really bad cough and cold and have pulled a muscle in my side from coughing too much. Feel v tired too :( woe is me!

How is every one doing? Is anyone on metformin by any chance? This is the 5th day that I have been taking it and so far I lost 7lbs and havent even gone to the gym this whole week. I just limit my carbs. Sooo happy, just a week ago I was thinking "when am I going to be 213 again?' and now here I am. I was looking at my wedding photos from when I was 198 and I looked like a big elephant...I mean seriously. I want to get out of this body so badly, but hubby also wants me to have a baby but to be honest, im not really trying since I am focusing more on losing weight. I still take my vitamins and stuff religiously, but I'm not really obsessed.

Well, ladies, it seems that my original NTNP plan until the serious TTC in the summer is not going over so well. I'm not trying (just hoping) but he's the one preventing. We DTD twice and both times he pulled out and, well, you know, finished. I asked him about it afterwards this morning and he couldn't give me a real answer. Looks like someone has cold feet about actually trying. So hopefully I can talk to him more after I get off work, but it seems like I'm waiting to TTC. I mean we could at least be NTNP but that doesn't seem to be working out..

I'm so upset about this. I finally get a chance to try after 2 years on depo and he changes his mind at the last minute. I know he doesn't mind waiting, but I'm been ignoring these baby urges for 2 years. Ughh. I just don't know. I'm tired of waiting, especially when I know I'll be waiting anyway for a while until depo is completely gone (6 months-1 year!).

Just have a really bad cough and cold and have pulled a muscle in my side from coughing too much. Feel v tired too :( woe is me!

aww babe hope you feel better soon :hugs:
Me and other half have been suffering a Really full on head ache (me for 4 days and OH for 1 day) hes feeling better today well i think he is seen as hes drinking beer tonight as its his day 1 of 4 days off so im leaving him chill whilst im in the living room watching C.S.I and chatting on here :) been feeling a little queezy for the past 2 days, think there is a bug going round :( fella hasnt just made me a magical cup of tea so that makes everything better :)

Well, ladies, it seems that my original NTNP plan until the serious TTC in the summer is not going over so well. I'm not trying (just hoping) but he's the one preventing. We DTD twice and both times he pulled out and, well, you know, finished. I asked him about it afterwards this morning and he couldn't give me a real answer. Looks like someone has cold feet about actually trying. So hopefully I can talk to him more after I get off work, but it seems like I'm waiting to TTC. I mean we could at least be NTNP but that doesn't seem to be working out..

I'm so upset about this. I finally get a chance to try after 2 years on depo and he changes his mind at the last minute. I know he doesn't mind waiting, but I'm been ignoring these baby urges for 2 years. Ughh. I just don't know. I'm tired of waiting, especially when I know I'll be waiting anyway for a while until depo is completely gone (6 months-1 year!).

Sending you massive amounts of :hugs: hun, you sound like you could really use them :( that sucks hun, i think a heart to heart is in order to find out whats wrong and how to proceed, hope you get it back on track huni xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->