Any "plus-size", bigger gals TTC their first? :)

Hi fellow plus size girls! Is anyone of you trying to lose weight like I am while ttc? I want to keep on going to the gym but I'm worried I might hurt our chances conceiving.. what do you guys think?

Hi fellow plus size girls! Is anyone of you trying to lose weight like I am while ttc? I want to keep on going to the gym but I'm worried I might hurt our chances conceiving.. what do you guys think?

i am. i was told it will help maximize my chances.

RainAngel – Welcome! Some Doctors can be mean. I had a gyno tell me that I was Selfish for wanting to TTC while being heavy. That was a hard day! I’ve known many heavy women that have had safe pregnancies. Fingers crossed that this is your year!! :thumbup:

I've heard alot of crap about TTC and my weight. My response to my doctor was: I was pregnant when I was "fat" before, I can do it again! :thumbup: this one will just stick :happydance:

Glad the thread helped :) I love looking at it but it does make me wish it was me even more.

I will confess now to sometimes stuffing a pillow up my top to see what I would look like with a bump :blush:

Love the horse pics :)

I do not chart at the moment either I am the same as you and just look at the ovulation predictor calender things. If I have no luck by June I think I will have to start though.

I just puff out my fat belly and think if I was slim and about 6 months pregnant then that's what I would look like!

Afternoon ladies :)

Has everyone in the West Midlands had a baby overnight? I have seen them everywhere today even a set of gorgeous twins in a double pushchair. I always feel jealous of course but part of me now thinks 'I wonder of they were like me and longed for their baby for ages' so now I try and be happy for them (jealous but happy :blush: )

Anyone else got experience of trying to give up smoking while trying to lose weight at the same time? I haven't set my quit date yet but I am hoping that it will be soon. I am putting together a box of sugar free gum and magazines and plan on filling the house full of healthy snacks like carrot sticks so I cannot turn to chocolate when I am having cravings. Then I am basically going to hole myself up in the house for a week. I am so worried about gaining weight while quitting and ending up back at square one. :dohh:

Of course if I got my BFP then I would giv up straight away but I would really like to be smoke free before then.

Has everyone in the West Midlands had a baby overnight? I have seen them everywhere today even a set of gorgeous twins in a double pushchair. I always feel jealous of course but part of me now thinks 'I wonder of they were like me and longed for their baby for ages' so now I try and be happy for them (jealous but happy :blush: )

Anyone else got experience of trying to give up smoking while trying to lose weight at the same time? I haven't set my quit date yet but I am hoping that it will be soon. I am putting together a box of sugar free gum and magazines and plan on filling the house full of healthy snacks like carrot sticks so I cannot turn to chocolate when I am having cravings. Then I am basically going to hole myself up in the house for a week. I am so worried about gaining weight while quitting and ending up back at square one. :dohh:

Of course if I got my BFP then I would giv up straight away but I would really like to be smoke free before then.

I read Allen Carr the easy way to give up smoking and I swear it was like magic. I did put on a bit of weight but not a lot and because it makes everything taste nicer when you don't smoke I enjoyed eating healthy stuff.

Good luck!!!!

Hi Girls, I am trying to lose weight and I exercise a couple of times a week, i was told by FS that if i want to go forward and go on the IVF waiting list i have to lose weight, and as i've have had no luck with a :bfp: so far i'm determined to give it a go, it can only help :happydance:

still trying to understand how to post here

Welcome hopobopo, im still pretty new to posting too but you will soon pick it up and maybe even become slightly addicted to it like i have ha ha ha:happydance::happydance:

Hey JoB - How are you today are you enjoying your time off work doing lots of chores :laundry:? have you started to use your preseed yet, how are you finding it ??

My dreaded AF is finally on her way, I cant wait to get back in the saddle poas and dtd:sex: ha ha ha

baby-dreams and Bbunny - i'm sure you will have your BFP's very soon and wont need to start charting, I have everything crossed for both of you:dust:

mandapanda - how are you, was it today you had your next MRI ??

Welcome to all our new lovely ladies and hello to anyone I may have missed,
how is everyone doing, anyone got a BFP to share yet or in their TWW ???

Lots of love, luck and sticky glue :dust::spermy::dust:

RainAngel – Welcome! Some Doctors can be mean. I had a gyno tell me that I was Selfish for wanting to TTC while being heavy. That was a hard day! I’ve known many heavy women that have had safe pregnancies. Fingers crossed that this is your year!! :thumbup:

I've heard alot of crap about TTC and my weight. My response to my doctor was: I was pregnant when I was "fat" before, I can do it again! :thumbup: this one will just stick :happydance:

Yeah it annoys me how each and every doctor I've seen was saying you cannot get pregnant until you lose weight - yeah whatever!

Hi there I have just quit for a week now and just went cold turkey! I just decided that I can't smoke becuase what if there's a little baby inside me already and I just don't know it yet!

Hello again Ladies! It's so nice to see the thread is growing! I was driving to work this morning day dreaming about how I would tell the people who are close to me when I finally get pregnant. Anyone else do this?
Also, I read a Tweet that I thought was nice from Rev Run, it said
"HOPE = (H)ave (O)nly (P)ositive (E)xpectations!!"

Sending lots of :dust: to everyone!

Hello again Ladies! It's so nice to see the thread is growing! I was driving to work this morning day dreaming about how I would tell the people who are close to me when I finally get pregnant. Anyone else do this?
Also, I read a Tweet that I thought was nice from Rev Run, it said
"HOPE = (H)ave (O)nly (P)ositive (E)xpectations!!"

Sending lots of :dust: to everyone!

I do I do! Good luck to you!

I completely agree! I think just because we are bigger we can still have completely healthy pregnancies!

I saw that one person announced their pregnancy by making their facebook status read:

OVbunEN

Which I thought was cute. lol ;)

I completely agree! I think just because we are bigger we can still have completely healthy pregnancies!

My friend, who is heavier than i am, has a 2 year old. her pregnancy was fine, except she had a c-section, but her girl is just fine!

Yeah it annoys me how each and every doctor I've seen was saying you cannot get pregnant until you lose weight - yeah whatever!

yeah, my OB has a totally different tune! she was very helpful, and quite supportive. When my thyroid came back outta whack they sent me to the GP, and i do NOT like that horrible woman!!

Hi Girls, I am trying to lose weight and I exercise a couple of times a week, i was told by FS that if i want to go forward and go on the IVF waiting list i have to lose weight, and as i've have had no luck with a :bfp: so far i'm determined to give it a go, it can only help :happydance:

my ob said that generally weight doesnt affect getting pregnant, however, im finding that to be a bit untrue. hopefully weight loss will help, but its not a cure all like they think.

well hello ladies, its been a couple of days since i was on last, thought i would have a break as it was driving me mad a little lol,
well today is the dreaded due date for AF but shes not here, i usually wake up to find its approaching during the night but nothing this morning, goinng to leave testing until 2moro me thinks just incase it comes today but fingers are crossed she stays away as i dont want a visit from her :)
hows everyone getting on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->