Any plus size ladies looking to minimise weight gain?

I am also plus size 18. I am 5'8". I am really trying to minimize my weight gain as well. This will be my 4th baby. I was able to minimize weight gain with my 3rd pregnancy and hoping it will be the same this time around. I never fully lost the weight from my first 3 babies and now am worried I will get too heavy with this baby. I've been doing light cardio on my elliptical machine and watching my diet. It is so hard!!

Hi ladies...my bmi is 34... I'm 17 weeks and have lost 2lb ...so far so good... had a diabetes test which was negative so I'm really happy.. hoping not to gain too much..I gained 1.5 stone with 1st and 1 stone with 2nd...

I've been struggling with my weight this go around. I went on birth control and gained 10 pounds in the months leading up to my BFP. It was the heaviest I gave ever been other than during my first pregnancy. I got off the pill and intended on losing some weight first but then git my BFP.

I've been so exhausted and worried about overdoing it that I've neglected exercise. Plus with the holidays.....ugh.

I've got my first appointment in a few days and I know I'm going to be super lectured about not gaining weight. I keep weighing myself though and it seems like there is no hope.

Weighin at Slimming world tomorrow. I know Im likelyto gain, however im ready to draw that line and start behaving more properly

Hi mari3 and hh!

I feel like I've done better today, I am still some way from being 'good' but hopefully I'm on the right track. Unfortunately in put some chicken in the oven last night and then forgot about it so that was rather annoying, I'll have to rethink my lunch tomorrow now!

Yes ma'am! I lost 20 pounds in the month before I found out I was pregnant, so I had just bought a bunch of new jeans. But, since then, I've only gained 9 pounds back, so I'm still under by 11 and the baby is about 2 pounds of that, so he's growing just fine. I'm really hoping to keep the gain around 20 pounds.

Hope I can join here too? I'm 5 weeks pregnant and a UK size 18.

I've always been fluffy in pregnancy and have been good about not gaining too much, but this time I'm an awful lot heavier to begin with. I need to be accountable right from the beginning.

Im still going okay, still the same weight as when i started 16weeks ago. I did loose 7lbs in the first trimester but that went back on now between Xmas and new year.

Im trying to take some control but im much more hungry this time and wanting bad things more

Nibble, that's fantastic that you're the same weight as before you got pregnant. Good on you; it's when I hit 2nd tri that I usually start to get hungry.

Me, I'm down 2.5lbs from last week. It's a surprise, to be honest, because although I'm not all that interested in food I haven't been missing any meals.

I found a report that said women with BMI of 30 or over can lose up to 11bs during pregnancy without doing any harm to their babies. I know I won't be able to do that (usually I gain about 20-25lbs overall), but it's good to know that I can let my body do what it needs to without worrying.

I'm still doing ok - not losing but not gaining. I'm 85kg.

Hi everyone

Been feeling really tired this week so not made my return to the gym yet. I know I need to just force myself to get the first session out of the way and then it will be OK.

I've made much more conscious food decisions over the past few weeks but it is hard, especially now the Easter eggs are on the shelves. I was 90.7kg at my booking in on 14th January and I was 90.1 Wednesday just gone so I'm happy with that.

I have my NHS healthy eating appointment in two weeks so am interested to see what that's about.

I'm down from about 86kg to 818.kg, not completely on purpose but I seem to have dropped some weight all of a sudden.

Well done jtr2803, that's really good!

JTR, you're doing really well. I think making conscious good decisions is the biggest part of the battle (and wish I could put my money where my mouth is!). Let us know how the healthy eating appointment goes, I need all the tips I can get.

Minties, that's a massive drop. Do you think you've been losing some of the fluid you retained? I went up about 3kg almost instantly with my BFP due to fluid.

Me, I've just found out that the baby is in fact babies -- twins! It means that being careful with my weight is even more important. I've dropped just under a pound in the past week, which I'm fine with. So long as the scales is going the right direction in the 1st Tri I'm happy.

Probably is fluid, but I haven't noticed much fluid retention since I started low carb eating in Jan 2015.

Twins wow congrats! Won't you have MORE of a weight gain allowance, or is it safer to keep as light as possible?

Twins will mean I'm more prone to GD and also high blood pressure, so safer to keep the weight gain as low as possible. I'm not being stupidly restrictive in my eating but I'm definitely being sensible.

Fluid or not, it's still a major win for you.

Hi ladies! I hope you don't mind if I join. I am 4 weeks along and this is my second pregnancy.

With my first I lost 12 lbs the first tri and then gained it back in my second tri. Third tri I gained about 25 lbs. But dropped all of it within a month of delivery.

This time I'm hoping to lose a little in first tri and maintain from there. Hopefully gaining no more than I currently weigh.

I also have diabetes so I have some food restrictions. I'm really hoping to stay diet and pill controlled this time. Last time I was on a ton of insulin and did not enjoy the experience. But if I need it again I of course will do it. But I'd like to avoid it with my new knowledge of how blood sugar and pregnancy work.

Hi girls :)

I'm 12st 9lbs (80 kgs) and it is officially 10 kgs more than I would like to be.
On the other hand... I was 70 kgs and pregnancy didn't happen, so, I guess, I needed that extra padding.

Mind you, I WOULD love to loose a stone, or, at least NOT gain any weight during this pregnancy (I am 5 weeks 3 days).

I generally eat healthy, no mc'donalds's etc. But, my weakness is pasta, pizza and all yummy dishes. Potato mash and a good steak - bring it on.

So, for now I am trying to stick with as minimum bad carbs as possible.

Having more veg and lean protein.

:D

Hey KayKe! We are pretty similar in weight (I'm 82kg) but I'm probably 30kg above where I'd like to be/should be. Though I'd just be so happy to see 69kg, I don't ever recall seeing 60-something-kilos on the scale ever.

I've been 82.0kg for 5 days in a row so pretty happy with the stable weight. I'd still like to be 71kg at 40 weeks and hopefully in the 60's after baby arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->