Any plus size ladies looking to minimise weight gain?

Hey KayKe! We are pretty similar in weight (I'm 82kg) but I'm probably 30kg above where I'd like to be/should be. Though I'd just be so happy to see 69kg, I don't ever recall seeing 60-something-kilos on the scale ever.

I've been 82.0kg for 5 days in a row so pretty happy with the stable weight. I'd still like to be 71kg at 40 weeks and hopefully in the 60's after baby arrives.

Minties, you have an eating plan? Loosing 10 kgs DURING pregnancy would be awesome, but that does sound like a lot, considering we have to put on 5-8....

Well I was weighed yesterday and at 38 weeks I'm only 5kg (11lb) heavier than when I was weighed at booking in. I'm really pleased with that since 8/9lb of that is baby alone.

I'm down another pound this week, which is good but not all that exceptional. I usually lose in 1st Tri but end up gaining about 20lbs over the entire pregnancy.

Well I was weighed yesterday and at 38 weeks I'm only 5kg (11lb) heavier than when I was weighed at booking in. I'm really pleased with that since 8/9lb of that is baby alone.

Thats brilliant hun, welldone! Not long to go :happydance:

Im proper poorly :(

Been eating sweets, to try and help my sore throat and basically loads of bread and beige food. Which is never good. I have been putting on 1lb a week for 4/5 weeks but hopefully once I am feeling better I can get properly back on track

Im hoping to lose in pregnancy. I'm 6 stone above where I would like to be, I didn't gain any weight in my second pregnancy but gained it afterwards through comfort eating. Im hoping to lose 1-2 stone before my 12 week scan and booking and then maintain if I'm not allowed to lose.

WELL. Wanting to loose weight is one thing, but craaaviiiiings are something else!

Damn.

Just needed to have a kebab last night. Just. Had. TO. Have. It!

:blush:

Am concentrating on the fact, that today I'll try to eat healthy, but I am so damn hungry all the time!

All I can think about is another kebab. And dumplings. And more food...

Agrrrhhhh...

Yesterday and today my hunger got less, so hopefully will be able to control my kebab cravings...

Do feel super super tired and am spending second day in bed...

Keep telling myself, that I really should go to the gym, but even getting out of bed is so damn hard at the moment.

Also, need to make sure I stock up healthy things to eat. Otherwise if there is nothing healthy (and I actually like healthy), I eat whatever is there. And a cheese sandwich isn' t exactly the right option.

I'm so happy to have found this thread! I've been told to only gain 10 lbs this pregnancy :wacko: Last pregnancy, I managed to only gain 5 lbs in the first tri and after that averaged a pound a week the rest of the time, and I thought I was doing REALLY GOOD. Then we lost the baby :cry: After I recovered physically, I guess I ate a lot of my emotions and my blood sugar was out of whack, because even though I only gained the minimum recommended while I was pregnant, I ended up about 20 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight, and I wasn't a petite flower to begin with. I had just started going to the gym to lose weight when we conceived again. Actually, of course, the first two weeks, I didn't know I was pregnant and I was getting REALLY FRUSTRATED that I wasn't losing any weight no matter what I did. Once I realized I was pregnant and got put on metformin to control blood sugar, it was easier and I've actually managed to shed a couple pounds and then hold even on my weight as I approach 10 weeks.

But only 10 lbs across the next seven months? I need all the support, advice, and encouragement that you ladies can muster! I'm so glad not to be alone in the effort. I look forward to helping support each of you in your goals as well! :flower:

Kayke, I agree, actually getting to the gym is the biggest challenge right now. I just want to sleep all the time. Cravings are not the least bit helpful. If only I could crave low carb things, but no such luck! I did tear up some baby carrots with tahini and tzatziki sauce recently, and felt pretty proud of myself for channeling things in a healthy direction.

Before I found out I was pregnant again, I was reading a book called "Always Hungry?" that suggests increasing protein and healthy fat while decreasing simple carbs will lead to longer periods of feeling satiated. It kind of makes sense. Helpful book if you can find a copy. Of course, being pregnant we have to have carbs, but I'm trying to make smart choices about what they are, and I'm not shying away from fats even though I can barely stand to eat protein at the moment.

It's nice to see so many ladies I recognize from other threads all here together. I'm sorry we're having to deal with this. But I bet we can be a lot of help to one another! :friends:

Hey KayKe! We are pretty similar in weight (I'm 82kg) but I'm probably 30kg above where I'd like to be/should be. Though I'd just be so happy to see 69kg, I don't ever recall seeing 60-something-kilos on the scale ever.

I've been 82.0kg for 5 days in a row so pretty happy with the stable weight. I'd still like to be 71kg at 40 weeks and hopefully in the 60's after baby arrives.

Minties, you have an eating plan? Loosing 10 kgs DURING pregnancy would be awesome, but that does sound like a lot, considering we have to put on 5-8....

My BMI is high and my midwife would like me lose sme weight. No way would I want to put any on and I don't think it would help me or the baby if I did. I lost weight with my daughter and she was still big gpr dates (weight wise) and I was super unfit and felt like crap.

At my height 82kg must be a bmi of 36 or 37 I think.

Those cravings are a killer! Right now there isn't much of anything that I want to eat, but I know from past experience that 2nd Tri will be a real challenge.

ke29, like you my gains usually come after pregnancy. Other women can lose weight while breastfeeding but I always gain a ton. Hopefully the fact that I'll be feeding two babies this time will go towards changing that, but I want to set my own expectations very early on with regard to my eating.

Uni, you're right that we can encourage each other and help to keep each other on track. One day at a time!

Minties, my BMI is about 37 too. You're an inspiration that it's possible to control my weight and still have a healthy pregnancy.

I did a measurement check-in today at the gym, and I've gotten smaller! I really didn't expect that. So, I decided it was worth renewing my membership lol In the past two months, (I'm 10 weeks) I've lost 3.4 lbs, lowered my BMI by .3, and lowered my percentage of body fat by 1.2%! I didn't expect to have done so well. I'm jazzed :)

So, my plan of ignoring calories, counting carbs, and focusing on strength training seems to be a case of "so far so good". Hope it keeps working, but the real test will be in second trimester, of course.

How is everyone else doing? What strategies are you using? What is showing results for you?

I'm counting carbs, and walking, that's about it really right now! I do about 22,000 steps per day getting my son to school and back so that helps.

Had a VERY bad day today, I baked some mini shortbread pockets with apple filling and pizza spirals/wheels from flaky pastry for everyone else in the house and stuffed my face! So annoyed. I'll probably be up 2kg/4lbs from the carbs alone.

So I told myself that I want to only gain about 20-25 pounds with this pregnancy, as long as it was healthy. And as of my last appointment, I had only gained 14 pounds total. I really thought I would have shot up with my weight this past month, but I didn't. I actually weighed the same as I did in January, which the doctor actually commended me for. I guess the little guy gained the weight while I lost it. I was worried that I should have gained something, but the doctor seemed happy, so I was happy. I now have to go to the doctor every two weeks since I'm so far along, so we'll see what they have to say about my weight next time. I feel like I'm gaining so much because my belly keeps getting bigger, but I must be doing something right! :)

Can I please join?

I think I heard the song of my people when I found this thread and starting reading while eating my afternoon snack at work (2 cups of cooked broccoli)!

My BMI is 37 and I am 7w5d with #1. I have hypothyroidism and some other hormone issues that caused me to regain a lot of weight I had lost over the last few years and I am desperate not to gain during this pregnancy. I get in about 12,000+ steps per day, I do two miles in the morning, and usually two to three more in the evening. I am jogging three days a week and lifting weights three days a week and hoping the 2 pounds I gained last week were just fluid. While ever so grateful that I seem to have dodged the MS bullet, I am hungry almost all day long. I would love to hang out with some ladies with a similar mindset!

Welcome Clandestine! :) You're in good company. It sounds like you have a thing or two to show us about how to do it right :flow:

Hello, how far along are you? It sounds like you're close to the end? Only 14lb is amazingly well done!

Minties, omg those sound delish! So nice of you to make them for everyone else, no wonder you wanted some too. Really, you can come over here with them next time and I will help you with them so you don't eat so many :)

For the record, 22k steps per day is outstanding! I don't think I've ever gotten more than 15k in a day since I got my step counter. I'm so impressed!

Hi ladies,
I've just had my 12 week scan and everything went well 9after two horrible missed miscarriages) so I am delighted to be able to properly feel that I can join in on here! Before I was just too nervous to accept that it might happen this time!
I am over 1/2 a stone heavier than when I had my son (5 years ago nearly) and am much less fit so am wanting to eat well and exercise. I was so scared of miscarrying that I stopped exercising as soon as I found out about our pregnancy. But now I'm entering the 2nd tri I really want to get back on it.
What's everyone doing? I have a pre-natal yoga DVD and was doing things like 30 day shred but I planned to stop that as I thought it might be too much. I was doing LOADS of fitnessblender stuff too - does anyone use that? What's good for pregnancy?
x

So glad I found this thread.. I'm not pregnant yet but we are TTC. Since September I've lost about 15lbs. I'm still 5'4 and 250lbs with a size G chest. I've had rib, pelvis, and back pain since 2004 when I was involved in a near fatal car accident(pelvic fractures, rib fractures, ect..) I am really trying to change my diet now as I'm very concerned about my breasts, my back, and my pelvis and want to be at optimum health for baby.

I also deal with thyroid issues and have an appointment in April with an endo to establish care.

Congratulations on your scan caz and welcome to the new ladies!

Sorry I've been away for a bit, I've not been doing as well as I hoped, I seem to constantly crave carbs and salty things. I've not weighed myself but am planning to this week and take it from there.

Im going on a fitness weekend next week, I've done two before but I need to take it a bit easier this time obviously. I'm hoping that will kick start my fitness bug again!

Congrats on that good scan caz! Gagrl I often do wish that I'd been able to get further along towards fitness before my BFP but it is what it is, and I'm still grateful to be pregnant. But anything you can do ahead of time is easier now then it will be later. "Easier" being a relative term, of course.

jtr thank you so much for starting this thread! <3 I don't know what a fitness weekend is exactly but it sounds great!

What got me going is that my local gym offered an intro two months that came with free personal trainer visits 2x a week. Having an appointment to meet somebody who's time I didn't want to waste was a real incentive to get off my butt. By the time the two months was up, I've gotten into the habit so I just kept doing it. I'm excited they also have a pool so when I'm super pregnant I look forward to taking some of the aquatics classes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->