Any September 2013 babies?

So I had my first appointment today with my GP and thought he would be sending me for some tests (this is national health in Spain btw).....and although he was really lovely and gave me the usual chat about not over doing things, no alcohol etc, that was it!

He scheduled me to see a midwife but not until the 12/02/13 - I will be 9 weeks by then. I really thought someone would see me before, do something, a little scan, pee in a cup....anything really! I came home a bit deflated, POAS again just to make sure I am still pregnant (thank God it was still positive) and now I feel a bit 'lost'.

I guess I am going to have to pay a private ob because I can't see me sitting here quietly for 4 weeks wondering if everything is going ok.

So I had my first appointment today with my GP and thought he would be sending me for some tests (this is national health in Spain btw).....and although he was really lovely and gave me the usual chat about not over doing things, no alcohol etc, that was it!

He scheduled me to see a midwife but not until the 12/02/13 - I will be 9 weeks by then. I really thought someone would see me before, do something, a little scan, pee in a cup....anything really! I came home a bit deflated, POAS again just to make sure I am still pregnant (thank God it was still positive) and now I feel a bit 'lost'.

I guess I am going to have to pay a private ob because I can't see me sitting here quietly for 4 weeks wondering if everything is going ok.

That sounds so disappointing!! I better at least pee in a cup at my first appt! Seeing a private OB sounds like a perfectly logical solution. I know I wouldn't be able to wait til 9 weeks for even a confirmation of pregnancy! I know my HPTs are accurate (I've peed on enough of them) but I'm really looking forward to someone else telling me, "yes, you are pregnant." Sorry you didn't get to hear that today. :hugs:

That sounds so disappointing!! I better at least pee in a cup at my first appt! Seeing a private OB sounds like a perfectly logical solution. I know I wouldn't be able to wait til 9 weeks for even a confirmation of pregnancy! I know my HPTs are accurate (I've peed on enough of them) but I'm really looking forward to someone else telling me, "yes, you are pregnant." Sorry you didn't get to hear that today. :hugs:

Thank you!! It was disappointng but apparently the norm here...I spoke to a good friend who had her child here and she said she couldn't wait and went to see an OB. I just wanted a bit of reassurance that it's all 'real'. And it's all as it should be. I think I'll wait until next week then I'll be 6 weeks and hopefully I will here a little heartbeat.

GL with your first appointment. I think your health care system is more efficient so I am sure you'll get further than I did. A little pee in a cup isn't too much to ask for, really....!

I have a question for you ladies! I called my doctor today to schedule my first appointment. He asked me to come in this afternoon to make sure everything is progressing normally because I had complications in my last pregnancy. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had started out with twins and lost one around 8 weeks. My question is, what are they going to check?? I'm pretty sure he said he was going to do a scan, but what can they see at only 5 weeks?!?

Today I saw a gestational sac and yolk sac. Basically a blob. :) My first was ectopic so they really wanted to make sure it was in the right spot.

I have a question for you ladies! I called my doctor today to schedule my first appointment. He asked me to come in this afternoon to make sure everything is progressing normally because I had complications in my last pregnancy. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had started out with twins and lost one around 8 weeks. My question is, what are they going to check?? I'm pretty sure he said he was going to do a scan, but what can they see at only 5 weeks?!?

I believe at a 5 week scan you can see quite a bit. They most likely want to run your HCG levels and check to make sure everything is progressing normally.
Hopefully everything turns out great and you get to see a healthy bean :)

I agree with the other ladies, they just want to see what is progressing and take HCG to make sure that all is going as it should. Also, at this stage if it were twins again I believe that they might be able to see 2 sacs, and then maybe just know to monitor you more closely? Hope all is great and let us know how it goes!

I have this tickle in my throat that is making me cough, and every time I cough my belly button hurts for a few minutes after. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hello Ladies,

I had my PNI apptm. today and Ultrasound as well as bunch of tests.Baby seems ok, according to measures i am due september 10th, 5 days later than I counted.It measured 3 mm.So I am 6 weeks tomorrow.
On another note,I did not sleep last night at all.Felt pressure in my bladder like I really needed to pee, but when I get to the bathroom its barely anything.They did Urine test to check for UTI.All tests look ok, except for Protein seems high.Sorry for TMI, this really bothers me, I drink tons of liquids all day and have no issue going to the bathroom, but pressure in my bladder is not going away:( Cant wait for tomorrow to talk to RN about this.

So the pain in my belly button is now constant. I can't move a certain way, or breath out to deeply, basically anything that strains my belly button because it will then feel like someone is ripping it out of my stomach. All the research I have done said that it is normal, it is just "round ligament pain". All I know is, if it is still this painful tomorrow I am calling my OB.

On a happier note, my sister is stopping by tomorrow. It just stinks that I can't tell her yet. I would if I knew she could keep it a secret, but the women in my family suck a keeping things secret. My MIL thought I was kidding when I told her I don't tell my mom anything unless I want the world to know. I love it when my mom calls and she starts off the conversation with "I'm going to tell you something but you can't tell anyone because I wasn't supposed to say anything". It always makes me laugh.

Anyway, enough of my rambling how have all you ladies been feeling?

hi, popping in to introduce myself, im due 15th roughly by my dates

Here's our scan from yesterday. We can see the baby now! It's the light grey blob at the top right of the dark oblong shape. And we saw and heard the heartbeat!! 117 bpm, which I think is ok. Doc said everything looks great! I go back in for another one next Monday.

6%20week%20scan.jpg

Haven't been dizzy since Saturday night. Still feel "ooky" most of the day, but no full-blown nausea. VERY tired all the time.

Hi ladies congratulations on all your bfps, I got a positive on a digital on saturday and tested yesterday with cbd conception indicator and got 2-3 so if its ok I'd like to join you, this is my 3rd baby and I think I'm due september 23rd.

Xx

I agree with the other ladies, they just want to see what is progressing and take HCG to make sure that all is going as it should. Also, at this stage if it were twins again I believe that they might be able to see 2 sacs, and then maybe just know to monitor you more closely? Hope all is great and let us know how it goes!

I went in yesterday and he just went through the normal stuff and then sent me to the lab. I have to go back to the lab on thursday and on monday and then he is going to do the scan next week instead so that we can see more! Very uneventful!

Here's our scan from yesterday. We can see the baby now! It's the light grey blob at the top right of the dark oblong shape. And we saw and heard the heartbeat!! 117 bpm, which I think is ok. Doc said everything looks great! I go back in for another one next Monday.

6%20week%20scan.jpg

Haven't been dizzy since Saturday night. Still feel "ooky" most of the day, but no full-blown nausea. VERY tired all the time.

Wow! This is fab! Congratulations, you must be so pleased to see your little one!! :baby:
I just booked a scan for next week when I will be 6 weeks and 2 days so hopefully I will be able to see mine too.

Wow! This is fab! Congratulations, you must be so pleased to see your little one!! :baby:
I just booked a scan for next week when I will be 6 weeks and 2 days so hopefully I will be able to see mine too.

So happy that you get to see your baby soon Dime Cuando!!

6%20week%20scan.jpg

Great pic KAt!! How can such a tiny little being make us soooooooooo tired?!? I don't have any energy!

6%20week%20scan.jpg

Great pic KAt!! How can such a tiny little being make us soooooooooo tired?!? I don't have any energy!

Telllll me about it!! I have been zapped of all energy for the past 2 days. I feel like I go to bed and sleep well but my soul gets up and goes partying. And now I am off to my other little job which I only started yesterday as a language assistant with a face like I haven't slept for a week......the boss must be thinking 'this is not the girl I took on a week ago'.

Telllll me about it!! I have been zapped of all energy for the past 2 days. I feel like I go to bed and sleep well but my soul gets up and goes partying. And now I am off to my other little job which I only started yesterday as a language assistant with a face like I haven't slept for a week......the boss must be thinking 'this is not the girl I took on a week ago'.

I know! I feel like my students think I go out and party every night because I look so tired and am constantly running to the bathroom!

6%20week%20scan.jpg

Beautiful little bean!! Congrats everything looks perfect :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->