Any September 2013 babies?

I was 6 weeks yesterday and I had a super dizzy spell at work today. I thought I was going to fall in the floor instead of the chair when I tried to sit down. It lasted at least 30 min. But no nausea though.

With my son my stomach felt like I was on a roller coaster when I would sit at my desk. I dont know which is worse :sick:

I was hoping that exhaustion would pass me up, but I learned today I am not that lucky when I dozed off against my kitchen wall while trying to find something to eat, which I still haven't done because the thought of eating anything makes me want to barf. The only thing that sounds good to me right now is this Mexican food place, but sadly right now my husband and I only have one vehicle so I can't go get it :( I don't want to hurt my little bean by not eating for almost 12 hours but I don't know what to do besides shove food in my mouth and hope I don't get sick.

My sister stopped by to pick up a laptop that we like to trade back and forth (I told her she can keep it this time thanks to the Nexus tablet DH got me for Christmas). Anyway, the whole time I had to keep myself from telling her about my little bean. I can't wait until we can tell people:happydance:

How are all you ladies doing today?

I've found that forcing myself to eat really does get rid of the sick feeling for a while. It does mean I'm eating a lot of time but only a bit at a time. LO decided 6am was get up time today (instead of 8) and not to nap so I'm exhausted but hoping she'll sleep we'll tonight. Had DRs appointment today and booked into midwife for 28th January!! Excited!!! Xxx

Just got a call from the nurse, she said my beta levels where something like 20432 to 27430...I am still unsure about that one, because I was on a cell during a bad connection, in a shopping mall.

The only horrible news I got so far was that I had a urinary tract infection and needed to take antibiotics. Is it normal to have UTI during pregnancy? and beta levels seem high :huh:

Just got a call from the nurse, she said my beta levels where something like 20432 to 27430...I am still unsure about that one, because I was on a cell during a bad connection, in a shopping mall.

The only horrible news I got so far was that I had a urinary tract infection and needed to take antibiotics. Is it normal to have UTI during pregnancy? and beta levels seem high :huh:

Yes UTI's are common during pregnancy and also my HCG was 31,300 a week ago at just over five weeks so not think you are in perfect range. You can google normal HCG levels :flower:

I had a nightmare that I have an ectopic pregnancy. I hope it's not true. Would I know by now if I had one? Am I worrying over nothing? I think I may be getting crazy.

I had a nightmare that I have an ectopic pregnancy. I hope it's not true. Would I know by now if I had one? Am I worrying over nothing? I think I may be getting crazy.

Ectopic pregnancies are very rare (1%). Unless you have any symptoms, there's no reason to believe you'd be in that 1%. Your dream was probably just showing your general anxiety about the health of your baby. :hugs:

Went to the doctor for our first visit with little bean. Doc said all is going well and that we can come back in two weeks for our first scan! He said if we did the scan today there would not be much to see :) I am getting so excited and glad that so far we are going along well :)

Here's our scan from yesterday. We can see the baby now! It's the light grey blob at the top right of the dark oblong shape. And we saw and heard the heartbeat!! 117 bpm, which I think is ok. Doc said everything looks great! I go back in for another one next Monday.

6%20week%20scan.jpg

Haven't been dizzy since Saturday night. Still feel "ooky" most of the day, but no full-blown nausea. VERY tired all the time.

Great pic KAt!! How can such a tiny little being make us soooooooooo tired?!? I don't have any energy!

Telllll me about it!! I have been zapped of all energy for the past 2 days. I feel like I go to bed and sleep well but my soul gets up and goes partying. And now I am off to my other little job which I only started yesterday as a language assistant with a face like I haven't slept for a week......the boss must be thinking 'this is not the girl I took on a week ago'.

My boss sent me home today after 2 hours because I looked so exhausted and wrecked. I can't get up off the couch. I wake up each morning and feel like I never slept. I hate this exhaustion!!! But I love my baby :)

Hi everyone,

Great to hear that everyone is doing well :thumbup:

I haven't written anything recently, mainly because I almost feel as if I am waiting for something to happen! Waiting for ms, waiting for another scan etc... In some ways it feels as if the pregnancy isn't happening yet which is silly I know but I think that, for me, it will only really start to feel real when I am able to tell people. I have a scan a week from today so we can check for a heartbeat. I will be 8+4 according to LMP but expect baby to measure a bit behind due to long cycle and late implantation.

I too have had a UTI and am on my last day of antibiotics. Haven't had a UTI before- they are nasty!! My only other symptom is chronic constipation :blush: I have tried everything including changing pre natals to a multi vit with very low iron content and taking separate folic acid, I am on the prune juice...everything. But nothing is working :cry: I look about 5 months gone.... If anyone has any other suggestions, no matter how crazy, I would be so appreciative. Oh, and have had to buy new bras for these giant, agonizing objects that don't feel like they belong to me at all!!

(Just re-reading what I have written and think it's safe to say I am having a "down day" :haha: Guess I need to add mood swings to my list of symptoms!)

Hi everyone,

I haven't written anything recently, mainly because I almost feel as if I am waiting for something to happen! Waiting for ms, waiting for another scan etc... In some ways it feels as if the pregnancy isn't happening yet which is silly I know but I think that, for me, it will only really start to feel real when I am able to tell people. I have a scan a week from today so we can check for a heartbeat. I will be 8+4 according to LMP but expect baby to measure a bit behind due to long cycle and late implantation.

I too have had a UTI and am on my last day of antibiotics. Haven't had a UTI before- they are nasty!! My only other symptom is chronic constipation :blush: I have tried everything including changing pre natals to a multi vit with very low iron content and taking separate folic acid, I am on the prune juice...everything. But nothing is working :cry: I look about 5 months gone.... If anyone has any other suggestions, no matter how crazy, I would be so appreciative. Oh, and have had to buy new bras for these giant, agonizing objects that don't feel like they belong to me at all!!

(Just re-reading what I have written and think it's safe to say I am having a "down day" :haha: Guess I need to add mood swings to my list of symptoms!)

I know what you mean about the pregnancy not feeling real. I will be in a state of denial until my first scan which is next Friday. I haven't even used the "P" word. When I tell my husband I'm tired and he asks why I always answer with " because growing a bean is exhausting". I won't be able to admit I am "P" until I know for sure this bean isn't going anywhere. I thought getting pretty high HCG levels would ease my fears of another miscarriage, but I am still terrified that I am going to wake up and the bean will just be gone.

Here's our scan from yesterday. We can see the baby now! It's the light grey blob at the top right of the dark oblong shape. And we saw and heard the heartbeat!! 117 bpm, which I think is ok. Doc said everything looks great! I go back in for another one next Monday.

6%20week%20scan.jpg

Haven't been dizzy since Saturday night. Still feel "ooky" most of the day, but no full-blown nausea. VERY tired all the time.

Kat it looks so great! Glad to hear your doing ok!

I went in yesterday and he just went through the normal stuff and then sent me to the lab. I have to go back to the lab on thursday and on monday and then he is going to do the scan next week instead so that we can see more! Very uneventful!

Maybe a bit uneventful, but at least you'll find out your hcg and see if everything is going alright! FX!

Telllll me about it!! I have been zapped of all energy for the past 2 days. I feel like I go to bed and sleep well but my soul gets up and goes partying. And now I am off to my other little job which I only started yesterday as a language assistant with a face like I haven't slept for a week......the boss must be thinking 'this is not the girl I took on a week ago'.

I know! I feel like my students think I go out and party every night because I look so tired and am constantly running to the bathroom!

haha! I think my Teachers Assistant must think I'm nuts. I pee every 45 minutes and am chugging water like a nut. I've been either tired or nauseous every morning. I can't wait to tell her and explain my bazaar behavior!

I know what you mean about the pregnancy not feeling real. I will be in a state of denial until my first scan which is next Friday. I haven't even used the "P" word. When I tell my husband I'm tired and he asks why I always answer with " because growing a bean is exhausting". I won't be able to admit I am "P" until I know for sure this bean isn't going anywhere. I thought getting pretty high HCG levels would ease my fears of another miscarriage, but I am still terrified that I am going to wake up and the bean will just be gone.

I know how you feel, since I have seen the little blob, I'm feeling more confident about this pregnancy, but honestly, I'm still looking for blood every time I wipe. :cry: Hoping this is it for us, but it's really hard after a couple of losses.

Hi everyone,

I know how you feel, turns out pregnancy is sort of uneventful at the start!

I am having the opposite problem in the bathroom department, and I chock it up to the amount of fruit and veg I consume. I have at least one smoothie a day, lots of beans and brown rice, and veg veg veg! We have always been pretty healthy eaters, but I'm stepping it up to a whole new level! I have a major fear of constipation, so I can't let it happen! More fruit! more veg! There is no such thing as too much! :thumbup: And limit your dairy.

Luckily I have been taking pre-natals for about a year now, so my body is pretty used to them.

It is hard after losses to believe its real I've been spotting and even after having 3 healthy kids since my last miscarriage i still freak out. Even when i went through it with all of them

Ok, today was the first day I felt totally normal again! I think I owe it to a really good breakfast. No nausea, no hunger pangs, no funny feelings. Up until this morning I was still doing my usual fruit and yogurt for breakfast. I think it was just too much sugar. This morning I had a big bowl of oats prepared with water and a bit of milk, lots of dried fruit and a fresh mango. Delicious and filling!

Basically my life is revolving around meals right now. If I have twins, I need to get some 140 grams of protein a day which just seems absurd. I'm working really hard to get in all my nutrients and at least 60 grams of protein a day. Since I'm a veg, this is is coming from beans, nuts, an egg or two a day and a scoop or two of Whey protein powder in my smoothies. I'm averaging about 2000 calories a day, which is a lot for me, but I'm feeling good and never hungry.

I figure I need to eat as well as I can each and everyday, so that if/when MS hits me, I won't feel guilty for eating mac and cheese for a week straight. I'll know I tried my best when I could!

I'm excited and nervous for my scan tomorrow. I just want to know whats going on in there! It's nuts that this will already be my third scan!

This time tomorrow I'll know for sure if I'm having twins or not! Crazy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->