Any September 2013 babies?

I've never had a Doppler but considering one if I can find a second hand one.

Can you hear the heartbeat on a doppler at 9 weeks? I thought you had to be at least 16 weeks to hear it. I may have to look into getting one :) maybe one of my family members has one.
I have my 8 week scan tomorrow, I will be 8 weeks 5 days. I am nervous that we will get in there and the little bean will have disappeared. I keep reassuring myself that is something happened I would have known by now, but I haven't had any bleeding and I still have many symptoms, especially "morning" sickness. We aren't planning on telling the family until next weekend when my parents are in town, but we have a family dinner with my in-laws for my brother-in-law's b-day on Monday and I am terrified of getting sick in the middle of it.

I hope all you ladies are doing well! :happydance:

Yes, you can hear the baby at 9 weeks! It's not a definite thing and depends on your size, placement of baby and placenta, uterus, etc. I know some people don't find the heartbeat on a doppler until much later. I am very slim (5'1'', 100 lbs) and found the doppler at 9 weeks. I pull it out every once in awhile and just this morning I listened for a few seconds. For me, it's been amazing, but I can understand how it might make someone nervous if they can't find it. The most important thing to remember is that every woman is different, and will find the heartbeat on a doppler at different times. Just because you can't find it does not mean anything is wrong!

Mine is the Sonoline B, and I love it. I got it off Ebay, and although I can't remember the exact price, it wasn't more than $50.

I use angelsounds, I haven't managed to find the heartbeat just yet. Everyone is different though :thumbup:

I had my midwife appointment today, there was a student midwife with her too, both were lovely, I was smiling the whole way through as I have never managed to attend one before. Did the usual tests and questions, Have been prescribed a higher dose of folic acid. Given lots of goodies and my maternity notes :happydance:

I also had a scan today too, from last Thursday to today our bean has grown an extra 4 days, so they have put me at 9 weeks 6 days. I was over the moon, 2 more weeks till I am out of the danger zone :happydance: Baby was awake when I had the scan, it gave us a few waves :cloud9::cloud9: it was also kicking its little legs even more, did a massive stretch at one point and did a little wiggle :haha: heartbeat at 170 bpm, so still very high :thumbup:

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 4
I use angelsounds, I haven't managed to find the heartbeat just yet. Everyone is different though :thumbup:

I had my midwife appointment today, there was a student midwife with her too, both were lovely, I was smiling the whole way through as I have never managed to attend one before. Did the usual tests and questions, Have been prescribed a higher dose of folic acid. Given lots of goodies and my maternity notes :happydance:

I also had a scan today too, from last Thursday to today our bean has grown an extra 4 days, so they have put me at 9 weeks 6 days. I was over the moon, 2 more weeks till I am out of the danger zone :happydance: Baby was awake when I had the scan, it gave us a few waves :cloud9::cloud9: it was also kicking its little legs even more, did a massive stretch at one point and did a little wiggle :haha: heartbeat at 170 bpm, so still very high :thumbup:

Awwww great scan! Congratulations on your waving bean, so cute!

Back pain on the left side. I am trying to tell myself that it's not anything serious...that it's normal. I was on my feet a lot today.

I've only just found my LO's hb 3-4 days ago. at 10weeks 1 day. it was 177bpm :) and I'm not slim either. I'm 5'2" and 205lbs

I am not slim by all means and little baby had a heart beat at 6 weeks 1 day of 120 BPM....

Back pain on the left side. I am trying to tell myself that it's not anything serious...that it's normal. I was on my feet a lot today.

My back has been killing me today as well but it is on the right side. I have severe arthritis (affecting my lower spine, hips, knees and ankles) that causes a lot of pain but it is definitely worse now. I have cut back on my pain medication even though my ob/gyn said the amount I take won't affect the bean. I just want to do everything I can to make sure it stays healthy. I wish I could stop taking them all together, but the stress from the pain would be more harmful to the bean than taking the pain medication. So for now I'll trust the doctor that the medication won't hurt it and get what little relief I can.

When sleeping my left leg keeps going numb, it is driving me crazy. I am researching pregnancy pillows to pick one that I think may help me sleep through the night...:nope:

When sleeping my left leg keeps going numb, it is driving me crazy. I am researching pregnancy pillows to pick one that I think may help me sleep through the night...:nope:

There is one called a snoogle that I hear works really well.

My 8 week appointment went great. The bean had a heart rate of 175 bpm, and it was measuring 8 weeks 4 days, so right on track. I can't wait to tell people now!

How are all you ladies doing?

Attachments

• 2013-02-08_11-51-49_5.jpg
    2013-02-08_11-51-49_5.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 10
trying to get by with nausea and sleep deprevation im struggling big time now but my DH has a new job so will be home each night so hopefully i'll get a bit more help with the kids

There is one called a snoogle that I hear works really well.

Yeah I think I may try this as you don't have to move it switching from side to side, plus I love my pillow so hoping this one will work! Going to order it when I get paid :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HEUJVO/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1B7M9EQGNCLQA

Morning ladies,
Woke up drenched in sweat and have a red, sore throat.
I don't have a temperature though thankfully...

Hey ladies,
Anyone experiencing lower abdominal tenderness/slight discomfort? I had an OB appt last week and the doc said she could feel my uterus well above the pubic bone. Now it feels sore all the time. Not sure if it's my bladder or what the heck is going on.
Anyone have any similar discomfort?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->