Any solo mum's out there?

Melody - I know, it's getting scarier and more exciting by the week. I have done quite a bit of research in to the practicalities of going to Denmark, and read about a few clinics. Just got a couple more weeks of uni left, then I'm seriously going to throw myself in to researching clinics and emailing them and everything. Did AF show yet?

Mo - good luck for Wednesday. I hope the USS goes well.

Goodluck Mo!! Crossing everything for you too!! And sending lots of baby dust.

Were the cramps AF Melody??

Took a test this morning, negative - though I still have 5 days to go. Dont know why I took one, but I did anyway hahaa. I downloaded this random finger scanner app - and it tells you if you're pregnant, is more just for a joke - because there's no way to tell by finger print, but anyway - It told me I was having twins.. Eeek. I sure hope not!! I'd love twins, buuutttt not for my first pregnancy hahaa! My twin sisters keep me on my feet enough!

Haha KN, wouldn't it be funny (in a way) if you did have twins now? I'd love to have twins, but I'd need to buy a bigger car if I did!

Caite - I'm sure the time will fly by. It feels like just the other day you were 6/7 months wtt.

KN - You're a twin?! Oooo well if it runs in the family...:haha: I'd love twins. I used to read about all these old wives tales that could increase your chances of having twins lol.

Sorry you had to see the bfn. It's so early, but I've been guilty of testing at like 8dpo even though I knew it would be negative. Still hurts a bit though. I have my fx for you. Roll on testing day! :hugs:

Mo - I'm so happy things are moving along smoothly for you. Good luck with the new donor sperm!

Well I'm happy to say that AF came yesterday!!! :happydance: That parsley tea must have done the job lol. I'm officially on cd2! I'll be getting more blood work done tomorrow to see if I have pcos, but after hearing from 2 other women that they believe Vitex gave them a lengthy anovulatory cycle, I'm pretty sure that's what caused this 58 day-er.

I plan on taking my temp vaginally after af stops. I've read it gives a more accurate read. Also, I got a ferning test a while back so Im looking forward to seeing how that works. KN you use a ferning test dont you?

Melody: I'm not a twin, but I have little twin sisters :) They're 7. But we do have a mix of identical and fraternal twins through my mums side - so who knows! That's good that AF came for you - hopefully your cycles are shorter and manageable now then!! Cross fingers. Yepp I do have a ferning test, but I find it a little unreliable these days - Not sure if it's the test or me, but I sometimes get ferns when I'm not fertile, and no ferns when I am. So I use a mixture of charting on my ipod with various free apps, then the ferning and see if it matches alongside what the app says. But I also temp (unreliably, I always forget :/) and urine tests - Which I only just purchased last month. I find it so hard to track my ovulation, so try use as many techniques as I can to track it, Will find what works best for me :)
AF made her appearance this morning :(. 3 days early. As guttered as I am, it makes sense - I thought I ovulated early without noticing till after, because I was away from home and forgot to take my ovulation tests with me :(. So I guess I did. The good news is, That it makes it a 27d cycle - without the vitex, and last month was a 26 day. So hopefully it means that my cycles have managed to regulate themselves and drop down to what I was awhile ago! Cross fingers. 27day cycles are much better than 30/35 day ones :/.

Aww hun, im sorry af got you :( This ttc stuff aint easy! :hugs:

I wish you all the luck in the world for your next cycle. xxx

Aw guys, hopefully this next cycle will be the magic one. :dust:

Melody, yes it is hard, and I haven't even started TTC.

I do kind of hope it doesn't take long for me, with #1 (non-con, then MC) the a$$ho1e was only in me for like 5 seconds, so maybe...?

Aww hun, im sorry af got you :( This ttc stuff aint easy! :hugs:

I wish you all the luck in the world for your next cycle. xxx

Thanks!! It sure isn't easy! Wish it was though! So guttered this cycle, Don't know why this particular cycle has got me so down in the dumps. I wasn't even sure I had gotten ovulation - so I kind of expected af to show! Maybe it's af hormones letting it all get to me. Who knows!

Onwards and upwards though. Cross fingers for march then I guess :) And another 27 day cycle would be nice too.

Ultrasound today shows 1 follicle on left at 23 and 1 follicle on right at 10. Didn't really respond like I had hoped. Still only 1 mature follicle, despite being on 150 iu of Bravelle. I had hoped to have more follicles but I guess it only takes one, right? Trigger shot tonight, IUI on Friday, Valentine's day. Doc told me to bring a red heart with me for good luck. He did say that with my 11.1 FSH at age 34, doesn't seem like I respond too well to the injectables so we may have to ramp it up next time. I may also switch to Clomid. My lining was perfect at a 10.
One good thing is that I got the lab report from my previous donor and seems since his sperm count sucked, so I should hopefully get another refund/credit.

KN - Aww :hugs: it is a very emotional process. I really hadn't prepared myself for this ttc roller coaster lol. I thought I'd just get the sperm, try once, and then BAM baby! But the truth is it takes most women a while to conceive. This group has made things much easier though

I have everything crossed for you for March! :happydance:

Kelwin - Im sorry you lost your first, but you are most definitely fertile. Im sure it wont take you long to conceive once you actually start trying. Its great that you're such good friends with your donor. It will make the whole process much easier.

Lovelymo - Thats good news about the possible refund, i hope you get it! I have no idea when it comes to follicles and egg maturity, so a lot of that went over my head lol. I know you didn't get the results you wanted, but it really does just take one shot, and what better day than valentines day to conceive! Good luck for Friday!:hug:

Afm: I had my pcos blood test today which went well. I should get the results by next Wednesday. I've started my Soy Iso, took 138mg today, will do the same tomorrow then might increase it for the last 3 days.

If all goes to plan i should be inseminating in about 10 days but I'm preparing for if the Soy makes me o earlier. I better o this month! :growlmad: lol x

Kelwin - Im sorry you lost your first, but you are most definitely fertile. Im sure it wont take you long to conceive once you actually start trying. Its great that you're such good friends with your donor. It will make the whole process much easier.

Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for. Yeah, me and T are great friends, he's like the brother I never had, and his fiancée is really excited about it, too. Good luck on your next cycle. :p :dust:

I feel that if I'm away for a day, I miss loads (like over a page of posts!). I lost electricity in the wind yesterday and only got it back tonight. It was quite a novelty last night, walking around and seeing to the animals by candle light, but I wouldn't have wanted another night - I had no internet, no heating (as the control panel thing for my radiators is electric, even though they're gas) and no way to charge my phone. Someone's house alarm was going off. All night! I guess cos they didn't have electricity? I went to bed at 11, just as it started, I woke at 1 and it was still going off. And this morning, I thought it had stopped, went out to my car, and no, it was still going off. I could have screamed. I guess I just got used to it in the house. It was quite nice, though, relying on the sun to wake me up - and I got up in time for uni! Nice to be back to normal now, though. My fences blew down in the wind, too, and I lost the lid to my bird food, so it all got wet and I'm going to have to get rid of most of it - some of it was dry at the bottom, so they're having that for the next few days til I can get some more.

KN - sorry AF came. :hugs: Good luck for this month.

Melody - yay. I'm pleased AF finally arrived for you, you can say goodbye to that horrible cycle and get on with this one. I will have to bear that in mind about the parsley tea, and stick with it, when I need to use it. :sick: So is the soya meant to encourage ovulation? Did I read somewhere that it's like clomid? (That's the drug that causes ovulation, right?). And it does only seem like yesterday that there was 6 months or so until TTC. In fact, it seems like only yesterday there was a year or more to go!

Mo - Good luck for Friday. Valentine's day would be a lovely day to conceive. and it does only take that one little egg.

Kelwin - I'm sorry you lost your first, I didn't realises. Hopefully, you'll be able to conceive just as quickly this time, though.

Thanks guys. It's always going to hurt that I lost him, but it's been nearly 10 years, so at least it's not an overwhelming crushing feeling all day, every day. :(

Melody: Tell me about it! I know my ticker says a year (just under), technically we've only been ttc about 8 or 9 months, as my donor had to pop over to england for a family matter - and i went overseas last march, so I guess we've still got time.
I just really want it to work this way - After looking at the costs of the clinics, there is no way at the moment I can afford the few 1000's it'll cost each month! I know some people would say I shouldn't have a baby if I couldn't afford that - but a baby is an ongoing cost, and a baby doesn't demand $3000 one day every month lol. Even if there are medical problems, there's a remarkable medical system for kids over here.

Af has been REALLY light this month. Definitely a period still, but by mid today - it was virtually over. Normally I get a light one - but 3 days worth, this is more like heavy spotting? Maybe because it came a few days early - there was less to clear out haha! Who knows.

Kelwin - Agree with Melody, really sorry you lost your first :(. I couldn't imagine that feeling right now. Least you know you're fertile, and I really really hope that you get your BFP quickly! (when you do start to try conceive!) - You've got such a neat plan of events, so it would be awesome if it all went smooth for you! And you've got a little angel baby watching too from above - so it'll be even more special :).

Caite - Wow, the weather sounds horrendous! Poor you! I don't mind the darkness and being without power, but with wind? Not so much! Least you made uni, and at least you managed to block of the alarm towards the end!! It's crazy how much you miss when away huh! I discovered that when I was away over christmas!

Mo - It definitely does only take one! So cross fingers it's lucky one! In fact, cross everything! Several times over!! :D Good that you got the lab report (not good that his sperm count was low!), is that the same one you were talking about awhile back? If so - that took awhile! But hopefully you'll be able to get a credit for another cycle, or a refund - either way.

Kelwin - Agree with Melody, really sorry you lost your first :(. I couldn't imagine that feeling right now. Least you know you're fertile, and I really really hope that you get your BFP quickly! (when you do start to try conceive!) - You've got such a neat plan of events, so it would be awesome if it all went smooth for you! And you've got a little angel baby watching too from above - so it'll be even more special :).

Aww, guys, you're gonna make me cry... :`) I'm so glad I came on this site, you ladies truly are angels! Baby dust for EVERYONE!!!
:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

I'm not sure which weather I'd prefer right now (well, hot and sunny, obviously). This time last year, we had heavy snow, really cold, and it lasted ages. But at least it looked pretty. Now, it's cold, windy (though it has settled today - think it's meant to be getting windy again, though), raining and cold. Loads of fields by me are flooded, though nowhere near down south, where the roads look like rivers. I think I'd prefer the snow again. Have you seen the pictures of some of the waves on the internet? I bet it's hot and sunny over there in NZ at the moment

IUI done today but I have no hope what so ever. This donor had the worst count ever - 2 million motile. My RE and nurse have advised me to use another bank after so many horrible counts. Not even looking forward to the 2ww. Gonna file a refund for the last donor and call them about this "free" one.
I made my BFF not come because I wanted this one to be special and full of hope, with my usual playing music in the background. Never even played any music because I was too upset about the count. Filed a report for the 2nd donor from last cycle and will file another report for this 3rd donor today. I will leave this bank for good. I just want this 2 weeks to be over with.

IUI done today but I have no hope what so ever. This donor had the worst count ever - 2 million motile. My RE and nurse have advised me to use another bank after so many horrible counts. Not even looking forward to the 2ww. Gonna file a refund for the last donor and call them about this "free" one.
I made my BFF not come because I wanted this one to be special and full of hope, with my usual playing music in the background. Never even played any music because I was too upset about the count. Filed a report for the 2nd donor from last cycle and will file another report for this 3rd donor today. I will leave this bank for good. I just want this 2 weeks to be over with.

Hi Lovelymo. This is turning into a reall issue with your donors. Can I ask are you in the UK? Just wondering because you should be able to access a clinic and donor through the NHS. I know that the waiting list can be a pain but at least you know you are getting sperm that has been checked before hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->