Any solo mum's out there?

Good luck for the TWW, Mo. And that sounds more promising with all those follicles this time.

Melody - good luck for your progesterone test (though I guess you've had it now and are waiting on results?).

Child2Hold - yay, that's so exciting. Has your ticker suddenly changed? I'm sure the last time I looked at it it said more!

I might have to push TTC back a bit. We all had interview where we're training recently. They kind of led us to believe we were pretty much guaranteed a job. Most of us have been offered bank shifts - basically, when they're short staffed. So no guaranteed hours. It sucks. I have a mortgage to pay and can't just wait for them to phone me up and say can you work a shift this week. So I've been looking at other jobs, both outside of midwifery and within other Trusts. It's really silly - the Trust has paid for our training and for 18 months of salary for us, and now they might either lose us from midwifery altogether, or to another Trust. It's ridiculous. So, until I know where I will be working, I'm going to have to put my TTC plans on hold.

Lovelymo - *Fingers crossed*:happydance:

Caite - I know, right?! I feel like I'll blink again and donor will be handing me cup. :haha: I hope your situation gets sorted and you don't have to push back your TTC.

Just looking at other jobs at the minute. But I can't even think of a TTC without having regular hours.

Mo - I heard Happy on the radio when I was driving home tonight (I'd not heard it before, and didn't know what it was til the radio man said), and once he'd said what it was, I thought of you!

It's an awesome song! Pharell performed it at the Oscars this year. I think it's once soundtrack to the animated file Frozen. Love it!

Caite, so sorry you have to postpone your TTC efforts. But I definitely understand why. Fx that you find what you want sooner than later.

Goodluck Mo

Caite- I'm sorry you might need to push ttc plans
back having had to make this choice recently too
I know I felt disappointed but hopefully you get a job soon and if your plans need to move it's not by too much :hugs:

Thank you.

Hopefully, I won't have to push my TTC plans back too far. So long as I stay on the Bank, I'll have been continuously employed by the NHS for (coming up to) 5 years - so definitely long enough to get the extra maternity pay! Someone I used to work with had been on the Bank as an HCA, in a different Trust whilst she did her nurse training, got pregnant shortly after starting her first nursing job and get maternity pay, so that is reassuring.

Hello Rags

Yes to my knowledge it's only private clinics which will treat single women, the main issue for me is that they will only offer donor iui as a treatment option which I've only heard poor success rates of from all the people I know in rl whom have had treatment(not smbc)and I can just see all my funds being wasted on iui which won't work and me still being childless a few years later with no funds.

What options are you looking at?

I can understand that frustration. I don't know about ivf for singles at nhs clinics. I called Ninewells and asked them if they treated single women at all and was told yes and as it was iui I was looking for I didn't question further. At my age, at the time of conception 40, the chances of success were low, about 4 or 5 % but I was happy to take the chance. I chose to self fund as I'd been happy to try privately, but I could have applied for funding. As it was my unmedicated iui's were only £250 each, medicated ones were £350. Ninewells assisted conception unit is non profit making so I was only covering donor expenses and the nhs covered tests, staff etc. I am not from the Dundee area but they accept referals from any gp. I don't know how much self funding at other nhs clinics costs. It costs nothing to be referred and get on the waiting list though, maybe worth having as a back up plan?

Morning Girls

A small update from me, I have revaluated my options a little this morning and Im booked in with my local clinic to discuss my options and I have a few questions which Im hoping they can answer and I will go from there!! So whilst TTC might be a wee bit off its maybe not as far away as I thought:happydance: So Im not going to be TTC within the next month or two but Im closer to starting than I have ever been :cloud9:

How are you all doing anybosy else have any updates?

Hey ladies! Gosh it looks like I've missed a lot lol.

Mo - That's great news about your mature follicles! :happydance: It's so good that you're monitored every step of the way.I also inseminated on my mum's birthday. Let's hope it's a good omen for both of us. Great choice of song too. I've got my fingers crossed for you. Even with the slightly lower than you expected motile sperm, it sounds like you've got more of a chance this cycle than any other.

Caite - Yep I'm waiting for my results. I actually have a drs app scheduled for Friday (same day af is due :wacko:) I'm sorry to hear that your ttc plans might be pushed back. But i am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. You will start at the perfect time for you. :hugs:

Fairytales - That's great news about your drs app. I know you was a bit disheartened about not being able to ttc as soon as you would hope but you are a step closer, a very important step too. I hope the doctors give you some answers. Don't let them fob you off!

afm: I finally got my crosshairs on Fertility Friend! They're dotted but that's good enough for me. So it looks like I ovulated the second day of my donation which makes me 11dpo today. I have been so depressed about the whole possible anovulatory cycle thing and just the whole process but this has given me a bit of hope again. The good thing is that I hadnt tried to test too early because I thought I was already out. I'm praying that the doctor 100% confirms o on Friday and hopefully gives me some explanations about my fertility.

KN I hope you're doing well. Kelwin you too, you must be getting close to ttc ?

xox

Melody, perfect timing for insemination then. FX for you - hope AF stays away on Friday and you get a BFP.

Fairytales, I hope your appointment goes well. And hopefully TTC will be sooner than you thought!

I'm busy applying for other jobs at the moment. I've seen a few interesting ones. I don't have any experience in them, but I've got to start somewhere! Hopefully, I'll get one of them.

I sure hope you get something in midwifery caite
I would love to convert to midwifery but we can't here in Scotland.

My mum bought me a present today after me telling her my ttc plans lastnight.....A baby fund tiramundi pot:haha: Im going to save £2 coins in it,I'm so glad she was ok about it as I know I will need her support

Melody since today's now Friday I hope af stayed away and you have good news today.

Mo I just read back a page and noticed your now doing clomid fingers crossed it works and gives everything that little nudge in the right direction:hugs:

Happy friday everyone xx

Well it's all gone tits up :wacko: lol

My doctor said my progesterone levels were low so I didn't o. We discussed the pcos thing again and she said that sometimes you can have it even without the blood tests confirming things. After running through a few checks it looks like I'm borderline pcos if there's even such a thing. I know I'm not oing, she knows I'm not oing but I still have to wait till around the year mark before anyone takes me seriously :cry:

She's scheduled me for 3 more day 21 tests and want me to go back to see her in a few months...

As if that wasn't aggravating enough ff has moved my o date! So it still thinks I o'd but apparently it happened on cd31. 6 days after I inseminated! I literally have no idea what is going on with my body! If ff is right af should show in 4 days. :cry:

I'd probably be less stressed if I was bd'ing and had sperm on tap but we need to time things exactly and that's what stresses me out. That and not actually o'ing every month.

Sorry for the rant lol.

xoxoxox

Melody - I'm sorry. One of the reasons I stopped using FF was because it was always so off.

Oh no melody :hugs:

Is this your Gp you are talking about? I'm unsure of your story sorry
Are you using a private clinic or Ai?

Child2hold - It's worrying to think that a system as advanced as ff could ever be wrong but it happens. Lol.

Fairytale - It's just my GP. The good news is that it looks like she'll refer me to a fertility clinic in 2 months if my progesterone levels remain low.

How are you all anyway? xx

I hope that the referral process is quick for you
and the clinic get you sorted, I went to my Gp once about my cycle issues it's was the most horrendous experience of my life truly awful so I will just deal with the clinic when I begin my treatment process no matter the extra costs!

I must agree with you there. Doctors can be terrible when it comes to fertility or hormonal issues. The first time I saw them I burst into tears because she just didn't seem sympathetic to my issues. But if you persevere, go armed with questions and knowledge, and just stand your ground, hopefully you'll get a good result. This is the only way for me, I could never afford the clinical costs.

If af shows in 4 days then it may be that I actually o'd this month so things arn't that bad. I'm staying positive. I'm even arranging a week off work so I can get multiple donations.

Where are you at with the while process anyway? xxx

My Gp laughed at me completed mid cycle bloods told me I was imaging the problems and two hormones were high and she then ordered multiple cancer markers(I'm only aware that's what they are because I work in medicine) didn't even explain anything to me!! I then spent the next 2 months terrified and she refused to explain her reasons to me!!

I made my decision at the point to sort it for myself and I'm booked in with my local private clinic to discuss my options and go from there

That's dreadful! She should be reported. But I know how emotionally exhausting it can be going to the doctors again and again.

I hope everything goes well with your appointment hun. xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->