Any solo mum's out there?

melodyy_mtb- Thanks for thinking of me. I'm doing the transfer on Monday. I'm really nervous about it working and not working. It's scary to get to this point again on my own. I'm glad you had a great trip and you didn't O yet.

Good luck, CanadianMaple. It's always great to see another Canadian!

Thanks for the welcome, ladies. I will admit, I don't understand a lot of the lingo, but I'm excited regardless. It's probably a bit early for me to even be discussing this (would love to be financially prepared before going through) but some days it's harder than others to wait.

melody- Welcome back! :happydance: I'm moving Prague up on my list of must see places. Hopefully, one day soon I can visit with my child.

CanadianMaple - Good luck on Monday! Sending lots of baby dust your way!

afm - My surgery is set for September 26th. If all goes well that means that maybe just maybe I can have my first IUI in December? Maybe.

CanadianMaple Aww that's ok hun. We're all here for each other :hugs: Good luck for Monday. Try to relax as much as possible. I have a good feeling about this month. I have everything crossed for you!

viii Lol i was the same when I fist joined this forum. Here's a link to all of the abbreviations we use. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html
And remember, you can never be completely ready to have a child <3

someday :hugs: Thanks hun, Yes I'd definitely recommend it as a place to visit. It's beautiful, and so cheap! I only spent about £100 ($165). Aww I'm glad you got the date for your surgery. I hope you'll be able to start ttc soon after!

viii
Hi :wave:

Looking forward to following your journey to motherhood.

Like Melody, I'm use fertility friend, it's a big help in this ttc lark :thumbup:

K.N
Arrrrgh, did you manage a donation... or did ovulation go ahead without you :growlmad: So frustrating when our bodies play nicely and life just steps on in and says 'NO way am I making it this easy for you' :grr:

melodyy_mtb
Glad you enjoyed Prague, I confess I'm a little envious of your jet set lifestyle. DD and I are contemplating a caravan holiday somewhere in the highlands this year. Was hoping for an Indian summer but alas looks like it'll be the usual Scottish one. Must dig out our thermals and wellies :haha:

Did your OPKs arrive? Everything crossable crossed for you. C'mon BFP indeed :happydance:

CanadianMaple
:hugs: Can't even begin to imagine what you are going through right now. You are such a strong lady. Good luck for Monday, I too am feeling really positive for you this month :happydance:

somedayisnow
You have a date. Hurrah! December will be here before we know it (is that sign we're getting older or what :haha:). Good luck for the surgery hun :flower:

As for me, early days this cycle yet. Thinking I'll schedule two donations and just hope the timing is right. Starting to get very excited now. My dd is sooooo ready for a wee brother or sister. She chases every pram/buggy she sees trying to glimpse the 'tiny baby' inside. Lol you should see her face if said tiny baby is bigger than she is :rofl:

Recently discovered there is a pendulum test to determine how many children you will have (and what sex) Apparently I am having a girl, girl, boy.... unless I close my eyes and ask, then the pendulum doesn't move at all. Damn my overly scientific brain... but maybe my angels only feel it's worth telling me my future if I make the effort to see what they are saying :haha:

Hello!

I'm also a single mom- to- be. Can't wait! I'm in my tww right now after my first iui 11 days ago.

Best of luck to everybody!!

I'm PUPO! It's done. It went smoothly and the blastocyst looked awesome. It's up to nature now...

Byrnhild- Have you tested from home yet? How exciting!!

Keebs- I hope this cycle is the one!

somedayisnow- So glad you have a date for your surgery!

Keebs Lol I usually don't go anywhere. Travelling can be so expensive. I tend to go a year or two without going anywhere, then i take a few short cheap trips. Aww the Highlands would have been a beautiful trip. I actually lived in Fife for about 5 years. I love Scotland.

Yeah I got my opks. I seriously would recommend the ebay cheap midstream tests to anyone. They deliver so quickly. Thanks hun. I hope you get your donations at the perfect time this month. Go team BFP! :happydance: I've actually heard of the pendulum test. But im rather new-agy anyway lol. I'm sure your angels are watching over you :dust:

Byrnhild Welcome hun :hugs: You'll love it here. Everyone is really nice and supportive. Gl for this month. I guess you'll be testing soon?

CanadianMaple Eeeek so excited. I'll be thinking of you every day! Lots and lots of baby dust for you hun. Gl :happydance:

AFM I'm cd32. Last cycle I o'd on cd35, so that would be Friday. I got really bad cramps this morning, so i hope that's a good sign. Opks are still negative though. I hope I get a donation this month. Donor 2's car has broken down, and Donor 1 usually cant make evenings :/ Anyway, im sure it will all work out.

Hope everyone else is alright <3

Hi all :)

Glad to hear your transfer went well Canadian Maple! Sending lots of babydust your way! :)

Keebs - Unfortunately ovulation went ahead without me :( :( Hopefully I'll catch the next egg :)

Welcome byrnhild :) - Best of luck for your tww - hope it goes quickly for you! That tww can always feel like a 2 year wait hahaa! Sending lots of baby dust your way too :)

Melody - That's unfortunate about donor 2's car! Hopefully one of your donors will be able to make your ovulation when it comes!! That's such a cheap trip - It's so expensive to travel anywhere in NZ hahaa. Sucks. Trip down to my dads cost me $100 - and that was via bus. I am however in the midst of trying to organise I quick "getaway" trip to the Pacific Island early next year :)

Somedayisnow - o0oo December is not far away at all really! Hope your surgery goes well and you can get started ttc as soon as possible after! :)

lots of :dust: :dust: to you all - really hopeful this month :)

Congrats CanadianMaple!

Feeling pretty down right about now. Having a child seems so far away and I want it so desperately right now. I am not financially prepared at all, though, and so it would seem foolish to attempt anything now.

KN I know right! I was surprised by just how cheap it was. Gosh that does sound expensive, especially for a bus!

I hope you're doing well anyway. I know you couldn't try this month :cry: But at least you o'd, and on time too! I hope everything goes smoothly for your next cycle.

I got a + opk this morning! So I called d1 and luckily he was able to meet me on my lunch break. He's coming back tomorrow too :happydance: It means inseminating at work two days in a row, but beggars cant be choosers lol.

viii Try not to feel disheartened. It will happen. I completely understand you holding off until your financially secure, but children really don't need as much money as we think. The most important thing is that you are ready and filled with love to give. :hugs:

Wohooo about the positive opk this morning melody!! Can imagine it was ALMOST as exciting as a positive preg test haha!! especially when opks are about rare lol.
I really really am xing my fingers and toes and wishing for baby dust for you! Out of all the attempts everyones having; i hope we get positive tests in two weeks.

vii - What melody said - I too completely understand the want too hold off a little; its a lovely thought that we want to all spoil our babies rotten with cute clothes and cool toys - but babies don't cost as much as people make out, sure you need to afford nappies and what not - but at the end of the day, a lot of the costs people talk about - are "extras". I've been buying little bits and pieces to put aside for awhile now when i have a few extra dollars at the end of the week, bottles - dummies, unisex clothes etc, because im not working right now - so at least while my finances arent stable - i will have the stuff i need should i fall pregnant before i start working. I know people say it jinxes conception - and is a silly idea, but i don't tend to believe that sort of stuff - and when i conceive i know how glad ill be to be able to layby other things (pram/cot/etc) the bigger once off costs. :)

Byrnhild
Hello :flower: Your tww must be nearly over. Everything crossed for you.

K.N
Bah, was really hoping your egg would have hung on another day or two. Next egg it is then :flower:

Totally agree that buying bits and bobs as you go helps. I tried very hard to be a minimalist Mum, but much of my stuff got toally out of hand because I forgot what I already hand :dohh: I don't belive it jinxes things either, indeed one popular school of thought actively encourages it (live as though you already have your dream and all that). Can't be long now before your baby will be here to put your stash through its paces.

CanadianMaple
Woohoo... you are officially PUPO :happydance: (have I got that term right?) hope your wee bean is burrowing in nice and tight.

viii
:hugs: Wanting to be a mum, yet not being able to is pants. I went through a sort of grieving process when I turned 35 and thought my chances were over. It was hard. Then I discovered fertility clinics cater for single ladies, from there known donors, and never looked back. All in, from realising my dream was not impossible, to finding a donor and concieving, it was a little over 3 months.

Only you will be able to determine how stable you need your finances to be before ttc, but I would like to echo Melody and KN. Babies/children don't have to cost much at all. My dd's favourite toy for a long time was my collection of wooden spoons. She enjoys her toys more now but still, her favourite things to do are stand on her head and play at the park (not neccessarilly together).

Honestly, I find I want to buy stuff because I get pleasure giving it, but she rarely needs it.

It's never foolish to follow your dreams. Perhaps, if you want it so desperately right now it's because now is exactly the right time :flower:

melodyy_mtb
Yay for donor 1 comming up trumps, and kudos to you inseminating at work :happydance: So excited on your behalf lol. This surely has to be it, :dust: :dust: galore for you :hugs:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Eeeeek! Fabulous news. Huge congratulations, a very happy and healthy nine months to you.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's so amazing!!

And thank you for the support ladies!! Both of my best friends are pregnant right now so it's constantly on my mind. As nice as it would be to do it with someone and have the support, I refuse to let that fact dissuade me from living my dream.

Loving this board, you ladies have given me hope.

Eeeeek congrats canadian maple!!! :happydance::happydance:
So happy for you :)

Canadian Maple, I actually screamed when I read your post. Congratulations! :headspin:

OMG CanadianMaple!!!!!!!! I had to read that over and over! I'm so happy for you hun. Wow! I bet you burst into tears when you saw it. :hugs::hugs::hugs::happydance::happydance::happydance:

You'll be an amazing mum, as you already are to your ds. xxx

KN Lol its so true. Pos opks are so rare for some ladies, as you know. When I saw the first one, I was jumping around like an excited maniac. Heavens knows what I'll be like with an actual bfp! But aww thank you hun. Can't wait till your next try. :hugs:

Keebs Aww thanks hun. I hope this is my month but I'm not getting my hopes up too much. SI at work is both hilarious and impractical. I worry about not being on my bed with my legs up for an hour. But I guess women get pregnant in all sorts of locations lol.

How are you anyway? Close to o'ing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->