Any solo mum's out there?

I am out ladies. AF arrived and its been awful since. Cramps are nightmare. Thats me out now until I am fully settled.

Hey Girls:wave:

Just checking in with you all
Hope your all well? What's everyone's latest updates? Xx

Oooh forgot to update here. I'm out. :growlmad: Onto the next cycle. Donor on board.

It feels strange. I'm not too upset that it didn't work. Maybe because I have a fully invested donor? Feels weird saying that after my fiascoes. :wacko:

Chil2hold - sorry you're out but yay for the positive attitude!

No change from me at the moment.

C2H: I'm sorry your out but that's great news you've found a great donor!!! Lots of baby dust for your next cycle xx

Caite: Hope all is good with you! Did I read you may have permanent hours soon? Nursing or as a midwife? How's ttc prep going are you all ready with your clinic choice etc? Won't be long for you at the rate this months already flying past!!!
How's your mum doing now after her big surgery?x

Caite
Wow, these babies start draining our pockets before they even get here huh. Are there any stats on the success rates of women having IVF without fertility problems? Must be a good chance you'll be pregnant before those 3 cycles are up.

darkriver
So sorry :hugs:

fairytales87
Hi :wave: I'm good, already on attempt no 6 :coffee: got to get lucky soon. How are your plans going?

Child2Hold
Ah no, so sorry :hugs: Here's to next time :flower:

Well, I wasn't pregnant (no surprise really) and I may be in my next tww already. Positive OPK CD11 and big temp rise today CD14. Managed a donation last night but may have been too late. I'm all for an earlier ovulation but some consistency in my cyles would be very welcome right now. Anyhow hoping this is it or off to the docs I go and will really have to look at forcibly weaning my boobie monster :wacko:

My darling daughter has reacently taken to telling me I have a baby in my tummy (oh the irony):haha: Am hoping this has been sparked by my sisters pregnancy and not by my massive belly :rofl:

Fairytales - there was talk of having some permanent nursing hours (the girl whose hours I was doing is coming back from maternity leave and reducing her hours) - but nothing has been mentioned officially yet, so I'm not sure what is happening. I'm starting to look at the NHS jobs page for jobs. My mum's great, thanks. She had a follow up this week and she's getting there.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the Copenhagen Fertility Centre. Other than the fact that, in Denmark they will treat single women, I think the prices are reasonable, and being in Copenhagen, it is quite easy to get to. They have clinics in other cities, but they're a bit more difficult to get to. I emailed them late last year and they seemed nice. I'm not going to have a phone consultation with them yet (which is the next step) - I'll probably do that in April, I think.

Keebs - those prices are a lot less than they are in the UK. I don't think their stats are split up by women having IVF for fertility issues and those having them for more 'social' issues. But they document a 70% success rate for women under 40 within 3 cycles, which I'm viewing positively.

Aww, Keebs, when it finally happens for you, your daughter sounds like she's going to be so excited! FX you won't have to wait long and that this will be the cycle.

Hi all :hi:

I'm sorry I haven't been too active on here. Been trying to stay on top of the Single Mom's by choice forum, and that takes up a lot of my time. I feel bad I can't keep up with everyone on here. Seems like there are only a few of us active on here on this thread ?

Anyways I wanted to pop in real quick and give you an update and maybe update my journal so I can get it all out and in writing, I know that helps a lot of us on here.

Had my appointment with the fertility nurse last week. I have kaiser insurance and they don't refer you out to an RE. At the appointment, she checked what tests I needed to proceed and asked me some questions about what I want and how I came to be there. I have maybe 4 or 5 more tests to update and then I have an appointment with my OBGYN so she can look over all the test results and give me the OK to go ahead with the IUI. This will be done through Kaiser just at a different location than my OBGYN. So once I get the OK I will start narrowing down the choice of my DS. I have a few saved on NW Cryobank but not sure how I'm going to pull the trigger and pick one ! Such a big decision....
So I think my 1st month of IUI will be May. March is my scheduled appointment with my doc and I can't do April because of work issues, so i would like to start in May.

I am supportive of everyone on here and I hope the best for each of you in your journey I just find it hard to keep up I'm sorry :flower::hugs:

Do any of you have FB private group going? Sometimes that is easier for some people ?

Dodgegirl, it can be a bit overwhelming if you miss a couple of weeks or whatever with trying to catch up with everyone. I had a look at cryobank - there is so much choice on there!

I started on the parsley tea again today. Not had a period in a while and thought I'd better kick start one being as it's slow close now. It's not as bad as I remembered it from last year, though I don't think I made it as strong. I've managed 2 cups today, so hoping it has some effect. Might have to take a bag of parsley with me to work in the morning! Ha ha.

I can't sleep at the moment, but got to be up at 6.30, and it's just gone midnight here.

Keebs: my plans have very much changed since Dec I'm no longer ttc :cry:

Caite: That's great about your shifts I will keep everything crossed for you!
You seem to have all your plans in place I'm so excited for you to ttc the time will be here before you know it!

Melody & KN where are you girls? I hope your both good?

Yeah I'm sorry also fairy tales...hope you are ok ! We are here for you if you need to talk :) hugs !

Not sure but I think the parsley tea may be working. I had some intermittent abdominal pains (possibly cramps) at work today. Urgh, it's horrible stuff, though to be fair, I think it's more the smell than the taste. I've managed about 500ml of the stuff today and have another mug sitting beside me now - I'm trying to build up the courage to drink it.

Thanks girls I'm sure I will be ok with it eventually

Caite: I'm unsure of parsley tea I will need to go read up! Sounds promising tho!! As much as AF is horrible when she visits hopefully you get her back on track for a smooth ttc journey

Fairytales I'm sorry :hugs: hope this is just a temporay hiatus.

Caite Wow, 70% success rate is phenominal :happydance: I had a quick google of UK prices, not many clinics are very forthcomming but yes, from the little I was able to glean it's ridiculously expensive (certainly will never be an option for me if that's what it comes to). Copenhagen is meant to be a lovely city, I definitely think you'll find plenty to do in your spare time there :flower:

Dodgegirl It's all starting to happen now :happydance: I remember you from ttc the first time round. So pleased for you hun :hugs:

I thought 70% seemed quite good. And it is definitely a lot cheaper than in the UK. I've had a look at things to do in Copenhagen and there does seem to be quite a lot. Hopefully I'll be able to keep myself occupied there!

There were some HCA bank shifts going at the local NHS fertility clinic. How good would it be if they had some nursing shifts! Definitely going to keep my eye out for it.

Parsley tea is meant to make you get your period, although it doesn't work for everyone. I haven't had any today and no abdo pains/cramps either. I need to get to the supermarket tomorrow and get some more. It's not nice though. It's the smell that's the worst. But if it works, well it'll be worth it.

Fairytales I'm sorry :hugs: hope this is just a temporay hiatus.

Caite Wow, 70% success rate is phenominal :happydance: I had a quick google of UK prices, not many clinics are very forthcomming but yes, from the little I was able to glean it's ridiculously expensive (certainly will never be an option for me if that's what it comes to). Copenhagen is meant to be a lovely city, I definitely think you'll find plenty to do in your spare time there :flower:

Dodgegirl It's all starting to happen now :happydance: I remember you from ttc the first time round. So pleased for you hun :hugs:

Awww. You remembered me ! I thought your screen name sounded familiar ! :) yeah my emotions are all over the place today with this new plan. Of course AF came today so it's got me all messed up emotionally. Having 2nd thoughts but I've heard it's very normal. ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->