Any solo mum's out there?

Melodyy! !! Yay!!! So happy for you hun!!! Way to go!!

Rags, I hope not twins! I'm so anxious about that !

Eeeeeeeeek oh my goodness Melody!! So darn excited for you!!! Like words cant even describe! I'm so glad that it happened! Praying for a sticky little bean and a lovely enjoyable not too morning sickness filled pregnancy! crazy how your round of ivf was whirlwind on its own and kind of just happened - and was sucessful! wonder if both eggs implanted :p

Also a big congrats to you too Dodge!!

Fairytails - oh wow, i think that works out to about $14,000 nz roughly, which is about the cost here too :( My main reason for needing to be on the "funded" list. As much as i want to be a mama now - i dont have $14,000 :( I hope and pray that there is a way around it for you though, somehow.

Hahaa, had to laugh cinderella. "put sperm in my basket" - at first I thought it was figure of speech. Then i clicked, you really can just buy sperm over there hahaa! Charting definitely helps the time fly though - gives you a purpose for waiting and something to do though. You definitely do realise how long 2 weeks is though hahaa.

Lol lots Cinderella, this internet shopping thing really can encourage spontaneous shopping can't it! I remember when I first started trying at home insemination and opening the door to a delivery man, signing for my delivery and wondering what the h... he thought was in the box.
It's the end of May already, not that much longer for you to wait to do this as you planned. Autumn will be here in a heart beat and you will get your BFP.

Still in shock, still walking around in a bit of a daze. I'm scheduled for my scan on the 15th of June, so fingers crossed that this little beany sticks like hell lol.

Cinderella Hehehe thank you hun. I'm hoping this thread will go on to have a long stretch of good luck. We definitely need it. You definitely have to be sure of when you want to start. It's such an expensive process. Good luck for October. Ps: I love exclamation marks!!! lol

fairytales87 Awww thank you hun. I cant beleive it to be fare. Please please please keep me up to date on what's going on with your clinic etc.

Keebs Thaaaaaaaaaaank yooou hun!!!!

Rags Aww thanks Rags. Lol yeah surprisingly I'm quite looking forward to morning sickness. I doubt ill be thinking like that for long haha. Omg there could definitely be twins in this group, we've got 3 BFPs so far, so it's a possibility.

SpudsMama Thank you. Hahaha I know it's crazy. I tear up a bit when there's other bfps in the group.

dodgegirl Awwthanks hun!

K.N Thanks so much!!! I know, it has been a crazy few years. I cant thank you enough for starting this thread. You've been so awesome. God the thought of twins freaks me out sooo much lol.

Love your new ticker melody! I don't understand how someones pregnancy can be so exciting for me hahaa. Especially someone like you on the other side of the world! Probably because you've been here since the start of the thread - right back now! You give me so much hope :D

Thought I'd update you all on my news - my treatment has been moved forward.. AGAIN!! Is now scheduled for Nov - this year!! That's so soon really! A lot sooner than feb thats for sure! Now to update all my tickers haha! I'm still in a little shock at how close it could be now. I got the email last night

Rags: I would love to hear more about your treatment clinic
if you'd be willing to share if not I completely understand

Melody: I'm still so excited & happy for you
I love the new tickers

KN: What amazing news!!!! That's less than 6 months I love how quickly
it's all happening for you now let's hope cycle 1 gets you that bfp you've
been waiting for.

This thread is all just far too exciting these days :cloud9::cloud9:

Rags: I would love to hear more about your treatment clinic
if you'd be willing to share if not I completely understand

Melody: I'm still so excited & happy for you
I love the new tickers

KN: What amazing news!!!! That's less than 6 months I love how quickly
it's all happening for you now let's hope cycle 1 gets you that bfp you've
been waiting for.

This thread is all just far too exciting these days :cloud9::cloud9:

Faiytales, I'm happy to fill you in on anything I can. This is the link to their site https://www.acudundee.org/ and there is a thread running on BnB in the assisted conception section with other women using it for various reasons https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/a...-icis-july-aug-ninewells-hospital-dundee.html
The unit works on a 'not for profit' basis which is part of why the costs are so low, that and the fact that they are part of the NHS. I know that they take referrals from all over Scotland - they are not my local Trust hospital, in fact they are more than 90 miles from where I am and there are several other units in my area. All I had to do was have a referral from my GP (who was great, didn't ask me for any details just asked how long I'd been trying unsuccessfully, I told him I was single, he said fine I'll send them a letter). He sent the letter in the April and I had my first appointment in the August, some tests done in the September and saw the councillor in the December. That was 2007. I then went on the donor waiting list which I'd been warned at that time would be about a year. I was notified that I could start my IUI's in December 2008 but my cycle didn't play ball with their Christmas and New Year breaks and it was February 2009 before I actually got started. I missed a couple of inseminations (my fault) and conceived on my 3rd unmedicated IUI in the June. I had been offered 6 in total (3 unmedicated and 3 medicated).
They were really good when I went back to them when DS was 2 to try for a second and allowed me to have another 6 goes. Statistically there are no real IUI successes with women over 43 but I wanted to try it that way and didn't ask about IVF as, with a small child, I didn't think it would be fare to put myself (or him for that matter) through all the 'down reging' etc etc. If I can tell you anything else please feel free to ask.

On a slightly different note - Last night DS asked me what I thought he should tell people if they asked him who his dad was. (Think this is because he had a visit to his school yesterday and met his teacher and class mates). I said to him that this depended on what he wanted people to know about his story or if he wanted to keep it private. He told me that it wasn't 'his story' it was 'our story' and he wanted to keep it private. I gave suggestions like 'he doesn't live near here', and he said 'no' if anyone asks about his dad he will just say 'I love my mum very much'. He's so sweet - most of the time!

KN, if they keep changing the dates like this you'll be delivering your baby in the New Year, not conceiving it! How fantastic for you, I am so excited and can't wait to hear how you are doing coming up to then. x

Rags: Thank you so much for sharing your story with me <3
I've just looked at that clinics website and the price difference is incredible!!!! The part of the site that explains about the suitability to parent is a bit scary though lol
It's very far from me also but at those price it's worth the travel I think.
Your DS sounds like such a little cutie xx

Afm: After checking out the clinic that the wonderful Rags recommended
I have been doing some serious thinking and accounts and I'm hoping to start Ivf at the end of the year all being well!!
I will to speak to the clinic to find out about referrals waiting times etc & hopefully I can go there <3

K.N Awwww thank you. I was nervous about changing it lol. I know, it's craxy isn't it. But a lot of us have been here from the start, it's become a little family of it's own. Congrats again on your news by the way! :happydance:

fairytales87 Thanks hun. I'm so excited for you though. You could be starting IVF around the same time as KN! Rag's hospital sounds wonderful. It was one of the places i considered when I was going to travel out of my area.

Rags Awww your DS is so precious. and maturing so quickly. That's beautiful. People think that being a smbc is such an obscure notion, but as long as a child is loved, who cares. And your son sounds like the most loved little boy there is. x

AFM: I think im 5w2d today. Still very nervous and a bit worried, but I've come to realise that's perfectly normal :) Counting down till my scan on the 15th.

Meloddy, I remember feeling so unsure at this stage, you've very few symptoms and haven't had your scan yet, your desperate for your body to prove that your pregnant but terrified of it at the same time. Only 14 more days and you will have picture evidence that you have a baby on board.

Fairytales, I'm so pleased that you found my story and information helpful. I am very excited that it's helped you to solidify your plan and move on with your journey - I very much look forward to hearing how everything progresses and if I can give you any more information or support please feel free to ask, I'm always happy to be open with my story on this thread.

2kidsplusttc3 Yeah still here. I could never leave this place lol. How have you been?

Rags That's it exactly! You've described it perfectly. I almost feel scsared of being too happy. Roll on the 15th!

How's everyone else doing? :hugs:

Just thought I would drop in with a little update!!
It's only taken me 5 days of being a nervous wreck but I finally contacted
the new clinic with all my questions so I'm just waiting to hear back and take it from there. I'm soooo nervous yet excited all at once.

How are you all doing?xx

So exciting fairytales!! :)

Just thought I'd drop my own little update in here... I'm pregnant! :blush: I know I'm not single anymore (I've been on/off with OH for roughly 9 months now) and this baby certainly wasn't planned but I'm still very very happy! My daughter was conceived with donor sperm after TTC for over a year and I went through two chemicals when trying with the same donor again last year so I do know what this process is like but it's all worth it when you finally get to hold that little bundle :cloud9:

Omg huge congratulations!!! Such exciting news &#128522;
I hope your keeping well & the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly xx

fairytales87 Aww that's wonderful news. It's always a relief when you get the ball rolling, no matter how long it takes. You never know, you could end up like me. Go in for a consultation and come out with your ivf schedule lol.

SpudsMama OOOOOOOH MYYYYYYY GOOODNESS!!!!! Didn't even kbow you were seeing anyone. What fantastic news!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I know it wasn't planned, but I also know little baba will be one of the most loved and wanted babies in the world. Isn't it crazy how things work out. After all the pain you've been through, there's finalyl a rainbow at the end of the storm. Congrats hun. Yay pregnancy buddies lol. <3

Fairytails, good on you.

SpudsMama, wonderful news. So pleased all the best with your relationship too.

Eeeeeeeeek, what a fabulous bolt from the blue SpudsMama. Huge congratulations :happydance: Sometimes I think babies are very deliberate in when they choose to enter our lives (not in all cases, but definitely sometimes), can't help but think both Spud and this new little monkey fall into this catagory. Wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months :flower:

Congratulations on making that first step fairytales hopefully you get the answers you want. Have you any idea when you'd want/get to start?

How's things with you Melody? Hope you are keeping well. Not sure how time is passing for you but it seems like your pregnancy is flying in. How'd you get to be over 6 weeks already :flower:

Hello to everyone else :hi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->