Any solo mum's out there?

Just a little update from me: I heard back from the clinic and I need to be referred via my GP which could be an issue as I don't even known how to get them to agree to refer me!!! and also I need to do 6 IUI first (3 unstimulated 3 stimulated)before I can do Ivf which I didn't really want to do but my other option would be to pay almost 7k to get to do Ivf and sooner! (The waiting time at that clinic is a year.) I have a lot of thinking to do now I guess xx

Just a little update from me: I heard back from the clinic and I need to be referred via my GP which could be an issue as I don't even known how to get them to agree to refer me!!! and also I need to do 6 IUI first (3 unstimulated 3 stimulated)before I can do Ivf which I didn't really want to do but my other would be to pay almost 7k to get to do Ivf and sooner! (The waiting time at that clinic is a year.) I have a lot of thinking to do now I guess xx

Hi Fairytales - I'm sorry it's not so straight forward.
Regarding the referral - your GP should have no reason not to refer you. I know that mine was great and that they aren't all like that but you are really only asking for a letter to be written on your behalf. As I said before I made an appointment, told them that I wanted to be referred to the clinic, that I was single and that the clinic were willing to treat me if I was referred. I realise that the idea of going through the 6 IUI's isn't ideal either but if you at least have the referral and are on the waiting list you can look at other opportunities while you are waiting. It's a way of covering all of the bases - if you manage to come up with another option then you just pull out when your insemination date arrives, if not then you can decide to go ahead.
I realise that it must be incredibly frustrating. I'm assuming that it is because you have no history of infertility and the IVF route is far more invasive when they feel you may be able to conceive more naturally. Good luck.

Well girls today I have been talking with my local NHS clinic and they will allow me to private fund treatment & the co-ordinator came back to me with an Aug initial consultation date & I've decided to accept it!!!!!!

August has been a tragic time for my family these last few years
One of those tragic moments was my dads passing so when she said the date it was like suddenly all the worry of all the ifs and buts and working out money to see how soon I can afford to start treatments if it takes more than one etc all disappeared and my heart just screamed yes at her!! I believe very much that this was all a sign that what will be will be and that my dad is saying if you want it now then go for it now❤️

I'm still unsure weather it will be iui or Ivf until after my initial appointment but I'm sooo happy and can't quite believe it!!

Sorry if this post upsets anyone but I've nobody IRL I can tell and just had to share it with somebody

Hope everyone's well xx

Keebs I know! Coming up to 7 now :happydance: I;m alright. I've been a bit quiet, as msot of my energy is going into constant worrying that my baby is ok/exists. Got my scan on Monday though, so I'll be able to sleep easy soon. How are you doing?? How far along are you? I can't see your ticker :(

fairytales87 Well it sounds like everything has been progressing so quickly for you! i'm glad you got stuff sorted with your clinic. I understand August is a hard time for your family, but maybe it's time to make some good memories for that month. Good luck hun.

Meloddy - only a few more days till you see it - and the exhaustion is called 'being pregnant', welcome to one of the first trimesters most debilitating symptoms! x

Fairytails - My mum always told me that these things happen when they are meant to, despite all of our planning and fretting. August is only a blink away and you will be on the path to your family. x

Melody: I hope your keeping well? Lots of luck for your scan tomorrow 😊

Any updates from everyone else?x

Thanks Fairytales87 xx
I was so nervous about the scan. I started spotting a couple of days ago so on top of the worrying I was already doing, that just pushed me over the edge.

But everything is ok! I saw my little bubba on the screen and all my worries melted away But then I saw ANOTHER little bubba hahaha. I'm having twins!!!!! Both are healthy and measuring well. But yeah. I'm baking two biscuits lol.

I'm off to Dominica tomorrow so won't be online much but I hope everyone else is doing well. I just couldn't leave without telling you guys my shocking news lol xxx

😧😧😧😧!!! 👶👶!!! That's so awesome & I'm glad all is well with you & your two bubbas. Enjoy your time away and remember to get lots of rest & chill time xx

Congratulations Melody, twins :happydance:

How do you feel? I remember my sister was devastated when she found out she was having twins. In floods of tears for weeks after, and yet she loved each of them and was fiercely protective even when sobbing in her coffee because there were two. Blames the hormones for all the conflicting emotions :haha:

Have a super holiday :flower:

Omg i came on last night for your update melody - but being in - i was still to early; so just checked back now - omg twins!! Im so excited and happy for you; i cannot beleive two babies are growing in your belly! After we were all just talking about multiples too =

sooooo excited hun, a massive congrats x

Meloddy, how absolutely fantastic. I am so delighted for you, your life will never be the same again - in the very best way possible!
Have a fabulous holiday. Xx

Wow Melody! What amazing news! Have a fantastic holiday, what amazing news to take away with you! xx

Hey girlies

Just checking in!! Any updates?
I've got my bloods appt in July & my initial consultation one month
from today..excited yet nervous all at once x

Hey girlies

Just checking in!! Any updates?
I've got my bloods appt in July & my initial consultation one month
from today..excited yet nervous all at once x

Time will fly by for you now. So pleased it's all beginning to happen for you and I'm so hopeful you have your bundle of joy early in 2016.
These days whenever I refer to something I did in my past my DS asks if he was growing inside me at that point, if I say no, not then, he'll say - 'ah, I was an egg in you waiting for a man's seed' - that's what's happening for you right now, there's a wee egg in there just waiting for a man's seed to make it into your gorgeous child.

Havent been on for months. Congrats Melody. I had to take a break due to being homeless, but I am back now.

hi Melodyy and Fairytales,

Congratulations...

I see you went through or planning for iui and IVF. I have been reading about side effects of this procedure and also side effects of medicines like clomid. Serious side effects like cancer , birth defects etc. ..

can you please tell what your fertility doc told you about these side effects.

pls share your views.

Keebs I know! Coming up to 7 now :happydance: I;m alright. I've been a bit quiet, as msot of my energy is going into constant worrying that my baby is ok/exists. Got my scan on Monday though, so I'll be able to sleep easy soon. How are you doing?? How far along are you? I can't see your ticker :(

fairytales87 Well it sounds like everything has been progressing so quickly for you! i'm glad you got stuff sorted with your clinic. I understand August is a hard time for your family, but maybe it's time to make some good memories for that month. Good luck hun.

Welcome back Darkriver I'm sorry to hear about your tough
time hope all is well now?

I know your all probably busy & enjoying this lovely summer weather
but it would be lovely to get some updates from everyone😊

Update from me: I'm just 3 weeks away from my AMH test & 6weeks roughly from my initial consultation. I've planned & prepared as much as i possibly can just now😉
I can't believe it's all happening so fast infact so fast that whilst I'm super excited to get this journey started I'm worried that something's been overlooked and it's all going to come to a halt, I'm also worried about all my screening tests
that something is going to show up & I won't be able to do treatment
so yeah it's just a crazy coaster of mixed emotions and waiting for me👍

Welcome back Darkriver I'm sorry to hear about your tough
time hope all is well now?

I know your all probably busy & enjoying this lovely summer weather
but it would be lovely to get some updates from everyone😊

Update from me: I'm just 3 weeks away from my AMH test & 6weeks roughly from my initial consultation. I've planned & prepared as much as i possibly can just now😉
I can't believe it's all happening so fast infact so fast that whilst I'm super excited to get this journey started I'm worried that something's been overlooked and it's all going to come to a halt, I'm also worried about all my screening tests
that something is going to show up & I won't be able to do treatment
so yeah it's just a crazy coaster of mixed emotions and waiting for me👍

Yes settled and ready to go. Got an insemination booked for thursday. I have been tracking all that time as I am keen to go ahead

Hey ladies i'm back! :hi: I had the best time, 18 days of sun ,sea, and... coconuts lol. I was incredibly exhausted though. Coupled with the twins and the heat, I slept a hell of a lot. Sometimes going to bed at 7 :shy: But overall it was an amazing holiday. I have a doctors app tomorrow. I need to catch up what to do now that I have been released back to my gp. Hopefully I'll get another scan soon. The spotting stopped once I got to Dominica, but it started up again the day I left :wacko:

fairytales87 Thank you! :hugs: I sure did get a lot of rest whilst I was away. I'm so excited for you though! It's all going ahead. I know it can make you anxious when things move so quickly, but everything happens when it is supposed to. I only walked in for my nurses appointment, and came out with my meds. I wasn't supposed to even begin IVF until July. So just trust that everything happens for a reason. The nurses are experienced with getting women through treatment quickly, so don't worry. You will be told exactly what to do every step of the way.

Rags Hehe thank you hun! I'm nervous but so excited. I just can't believe it.

SpudsMama Thank you!!! I'm really happy. How's everything going with you and little sprinkle? Love the nickname by the way.

Keebs Thanks Keeeeebs :hugs: I'm feeling pretty good. I keep giggling to myself. I feel very protective over them already, and just cant wait to see what little characters they become,. I have a feeling they will be trouble. I'm sure a lot of women are overwhelmed with emotions when they find out they're expecting twins. I was in shock for a few weeks but i'm settling into the idea now. And how are you???

K.N Hahaha i know, it's a bit surreal. Thank you so much!!!!

CinderellaThanks! Lol yeah finding out the day before i flew out was insane. But now that I've calmed down, I couldn't be happier lol.

darkriver Thank you so much. So glad to have you back. You are such a strong person. Ready to start trying again! :hugs:

shahmanish Hi shahmanish. I didnt discuss any side effects like that with my doctor. I didnt take clomid either. It would probably be best for you to discuss this with your gp or fertility clinic. Sorry I couldnt help more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->