Any solo mum's out there?

Hey ladies. Sorry I have been so quiet. You might have guessed but unfortunately I lost both babies last month. But I'm doing good, i promise. I'm very optimistic about the future.

Anyway just a quick post to say I'm thinking of you all, and i will read through stuff and reply properly soon.

<3 <3 <3

Aww hun I am so sorry x

Melodyy you are a wonderful women and you future is going to be wonderful. Rest well and look after yourself. Xx

I am so sorry Melody :cry: and second what the other ladies have said. You are a remarkable woman, sending lots of love xxx

Just popping in to send hugs to all - and hope September hasn't been too crazy so far for you all xx

Not too bad darkriver myself - had my ivf appt and now have it all planned and scheduled! Getting nervous but pretty excited aswell! So many thoughts and emotions! - how you doing yourself???

K.N pleased to hear you have things arranged now. So looking forward to following your journey and to your success.

K.N pleased to hear you have things arranged now. So looking forward to following your journey and to your success.

Thanks Rags :) - They were going to look into IUI but we decided it wasn't worth the risk; and with christmas coming up if it didn't work it'd mean I'd have to wait till Feb to try again :( :( I posted all about how my appt went over on my blog if you want to read at all :).
It seems so real now! It's not far away at all! It is so crazy - I think I'm still in denial about how close it really is. I think after 2 1/2 years - to be only 2 months away from possibly being pregnant is a bit of a shock to the system!!

Darkriver, can't help you re. cryo sperm bank unfortunately. I'll be interested to hear what others might say though as a friend asked yesterday if I would mind talking to their single 40 year old friend as she has decided that her attempts to meet a partner while she can still have children aren't working and that maybe she will go down our route to motherhood. I've said I'd be delighted to talk with her so am now keenly interested in all of the possible options so that I can give her info on how I did it but also how other people have.

Not here in NZ about cryo banks sorry! We don't really have sperm banks per say - more just a clinic and that's that hahaha! - I told my mum I was starting IVF so soon. It was more accidental than planned - but I showed her the letter I was starting in Feb; I still want a surprise for xmas! So I won't tell her I'm starting next month unless I have too - If it is successful I want her xmas present to be a picture of the embryo and a scan if I can get one! So I want it to be a surprise - She was sooooo excited though! Planning what she can buy, and when it might be due and everything. Definitely reassured on her support hahaa!

I start the process this month! :O While the drugs arent till early november - i still start the blood test and final check process this month! crazy!

Also Rags - thats pretty cool that your friend asked if you'd share info etc with that lady; i think thats the toughest part of all this. you feel so alone; until you realise how many people are going straight through it all as well. My friend asked me a similar thing - about talking to one of her friends; not about solo motherhood; but just about the clinics and process over here. And her friend was over the moon with the info i was able to share with her - and couldnt say thankyou enough!

KN: I'm ever so excited for you hunnie I cannot wait to follow your treatment journey & see you get the bfp!!!
I love that your mum is so excited she sounds like she will
make a fab grandma&#10084;&#65039;

Hope everyone else is doing great xxx

Also Rags - thats pretty cool that your friend asked if you'd share info etc with that lady; i think thats the toughest part of all this. you feel so alone; until you realise how many people are going straight through it all as well. My friend asked me a similar thing - about talking to one of her friends; not about solo motherhood; but just about the clinics and process over here. And her friend was over the moon with the info i was able to share with her - and couldnt say thankyou enough!
You are so right KN, it's amazing realising you're not the only one. I've had a couple of general clinic treatment conversations with another women - like you said, for her it was just nice to have someone understand the language she was using and the process she was going through without having to go in to every single detail. Good luck to you - I want to see that scan picture for Christmas too!

Hello ladies, I'm back! It has been so fricken long, but I definitely needed the break. I know I have missed a lot, but I'll read through all the other posts slowly. It's all just a bit overwhelming getting back into the swing of things again.

All my love to you. I hope everyone is doing well xxx

Welcome back Melody&#128522;

Hope everyone is doing well any updates would be nice to read xx

I'm currently WTT with a rough date scheduled for Dec which is actually sooner than I thought. I'm nervous to try again but hoping it's my lucky cycle xx

Hi ladies, no longer a solo mama for now. As I have met someone and we are giving a relationship ago. Was going to give a clinic a go but have decided not to.

Thanks fairytales87. I'm glad to see how your journey is progressing again. Good luck with December, that's going to come round quicker than a blink of an eye!

Aww congrats darkriver. I really hope your new relationship works out :hugs:

*I'm currently on day 7 of my stims (day 8 of my cycle). I've got 16 follicles on my left, and 14 on my right. Feeling exceptionally bloated. Egg collection should go ahead next week!

Hi girls :wave: so excited to see you guys back here :flower:

Congratulations on your new relationship Darkriver, hope it all works out for you :flow:

KN Hard to believe you are so close to your IVF, really not long to go now :happydance: Had a quick read of your blog and it all looks very positive (apart from risk of ohss obviously). Interesting about the antibiotics for urea-plasma, never heard about that before... you really do learn something new every day. Keeping everything crossed for you :dust:

Fairytales87 An unexpected chance to ttc is always welcome. It's irrational but I always feel those unexpected moments are that bit luckier :haha: Hope this is your lucky cycle :flower:

Melody :hugs: Lovely to see you back and ready to try again. This must be such an emotional time for you, hoping you get your keeping baby/babies this time round :dust: :flower:

Eeeeeek, all 3 of you could be pregnant by Christmas, how brilliant is that! A festive flurry of solo mums babies in the making :cloud9:

As for me, things are flying along. 32 weeks already :wacko: and aside from a bit of nausea and tiredness having another really easy pregnancy. Hopefully that will translate into another really easy birth too :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->