Any solo mum's out there?

Awww KN that sucks that you'll need to wait!
I hope your body starts playing nice!! I will keep everything
crossed for you xx

Hey fairytales87 I'm feeling much better thanks. I've found that if i constantly eat small meals throughout the day, I dont get sick. Im sorry to hear of all the trouble your having with these clinics. Researching fertility places is so exhausting and emotionally draining. I was the same though. I ended up going for a more expensive clinic, just for peace of mind. I hope you get the ball rolling soon :hugs:

K.N That provera really messed you up didn't it? I'm so sorry :( Sadly it's the kind of thing that can happen to us pcos ladies. Im crossing everything i have that things settle down on the 29th. Hurry up womb!!!

Keebs Is it your due date yet?!!! I'm sure it's stupidly close, like 2 days?! Eeeeeeek I'm so excited!!! :happydance:

AFM My scan went really well. My little blob is doing good. I got to see the heartbeat and blood circulating, which just made me breath a massive sigh of relief. I had a bit of a delayed reaction a few days later though. Started crying like a maniac, thinking about the twins. I think the whole scan thing and seeing the excitement on my mum's face just brought it all back. I'm alright now though. Thankful for this second chance. I was already bleeding by now last time, so hopefully this ones a keeper.

Melody, my mums advice to me was to make a flask of tea before going to bed so that I could have a warm drink before I moved in the morning. I also kept a supply of small frozen meals so that I could eat within a couple of minutes of being hungry as I wouldn't want to eat but would become instintly ravenous and feel really ill if I didn't eat immediately.

That's a really good idea Rags. I'm going to try it. I love tea. I think making small meals will help too, but im just so lazy haha.

Hope everyone is well��
Any updates?

Aufm: No December cycle start from me as not only am I STILL waiting on
my clinic I'm now waiting on a reply to the email I sent to the unit manager as well as word on treatment:growlmad:
But in addition to this the :witch: has not arrived she dropped all her usual warning signs and even a day of light spotting but that was it!

Nothing much to report here. I'm 10W1D today. My first midwife appointment is next week. I'm just trying to make it to 12 weeks, then I can relax. I feel like every week i need t make it to something else... and then i can relax lol. I don't think I'll ever be anxiety free haha.

You really are being messed about by these clinics aren't you? Oh hun, do you have another clinic you were thinking of using? Maybe this is a sign to go with a different place. I hope it all works out for you soon! <3

I hope everyone else is doing well. If we don't speak again before the new year, have a wonderful Christmas! xx

*Knocks quietly*
Can I come back in please. My relationship disolved into shreds and I am back at plan A. I am going to wait a while though due to everything that has happened. I am looking to do AI in June but want to save some money and lose weight.

Wow Melody 10wks already that's went so fast! Well to is anyway maybe not for you lol good luck for your first midwife appt
Hope you have a good Xmas/new year too

Dark river: Welcome back aboard our wee thread
I'm sorry your relationship didn't work out for you&#128532;
I too have been there and came back to the thread recently & I'm currently wtt
too so if you need to chat shout rant vent etc just send me a message:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you. Its been horrible recently. Very traumatised and struggling so want to wait as the stress wont help. Also was on the mini pill and ovulated yesterday so just waiting for my first AF. I have already saving up.

Just popping in to say Merry Christmas to you all!! It's been Christmas here in NZ for 12 hours now nearly! :O All the presents have been opened, the Christmas Turkey and Ham are cooked and served and now I'm just going to have a relaxing day with my Mum and younger siblings :)
All my other family live about 7 hours away - so I won't see them until mid January probably.

All fertility, pregnancy and infertility aside - I hope and wish everyone has a joyful Christmas and New Years - stick your feet up, relax and enjoy the festive season
xxxx

A wonderful Christmas to you all. I'm in the middle of the boxing day tidy up, thought I'd kept on top of it all yesterday but I'm still finding wrapping paper and empty boxes everywhere! I was thinking of you all yesterday and hoping that this next year leads you all to a child mad Christmas very soon - it is all so worth it when you get there. About to switch on the candy floss maker now and have a sweet and sticky afternoon. Much fun to you all.

Hello ladies, I hope you're all enjoying the holidays! :xmas3:

darkriver So glad to have you back hun, but wish it was under better circumstances. These things happen sadly. We are all doing this on our own, but life still happens, and people come into our lives without us planning it. I myself have had 3 failed relationships since I started ttc as a single person lol. But I think failed is a harsh word. I consider them all positive experiences, no matter what happened. The good thing is i was able to be honest with my exes from the beginning, letting them know that I'm ttc and they will just have to fit around that. Thankfully all were ok with it. Things just ended for other reasons. Never let anyone deter you from your dream. If they care for you enough, they will support you fully. :hugs:

fairytales87 It actually has gone quickly for me too! i think because I'm trying not to focus all my attention on my pregnancy this time round. My appointment went well. My midwife is lovely. How are you? Where are you at with everything?

K.N Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Hope you carry on the festivities through to the new year :kiss:

Rags Hehehe sounds like you had a busy, fun Christmas. Love candy floss! Aww you're very sweet. Hopefully we will all get there in the end. Have a wonderful New Year :hugs:

Update Had my mw appointment. She was really lovely but pissed me off a bit because she booked me in 30 minutes before the place closed knowing full well that the initial appointment takes an hour! So everything was rushed. She just asked me my weight and height without actually checking. But the good news is that my BMI is ok and the fact this is a singleton pregnancy means I can go for a mw center birth or even a home birth.

Oh and the biggest news is that on the 21st of December I found my baby's heartbeat with my doppler!!!! :happydance: I was absolutely blown away. The best sound in the world. I recorded it and sent it to my mum who started crying lol. So that's it. I'm 12 weeks tomorrow. The time has really flown. Getting to this point has been really important to me because I lost the twins at 12 weeks. But i have had no bleeding or pain. Things are going well <3

Thanks Melody. I was crushed but I was always honest with my ex that he was plan b (which sounds awful) and hated that he made me wait. I was willing to as I was bit scared but see the break down as a sign that it was meant to be this way.

Congrats on hearing your babys heartbeat.:happydance:

Oh Melody how amazing&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;
It must of been such a beautiful moment for you!!

Where am I at?? That's a good question life's
rather busy with my career and other goings on that
I'm trying to fit and plan ttc stuff in :wacko::wacko:
I've stayed at my clinic whilst visiting the new one I want to go to
The new one was incredible it was like night & day the difference so
Helpful and friendly really wanted to know me and my journey to here they provided me with info for their donors European sperm bank access to the extra info for free and if I want I can use the London bank(my original plan which may have changed as I like the extra info from European sperm bank!!)
I truly believe they will do what's needed to help me become a mum not just rob me of my money that said it would be a one shot & done here money wise so my heads buzzing with questions and choices!

KN: where are you at my lovely? Hope all is good?

Anyone else around?

Hope you all and a great Xmas and here's to a fabulous 2016&#128536;

Oh Melody how amazing&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;
It must of been such a beautiful moment for you!!

Where am I at?? That's a good question life's
rather busy with my career and other goings on that
I'm trying to fit and plan ttc stuff in :wacko::wacko:
I've stayed at my clinic whilst visiting the new one I want to go to
The new one was incredible it was like night & day the difference so
Helpful and friendly really wanted to know me and my journey to here they provided me with info for their donors European sperm bank access to the extra info for free and if I want I can use the London bank(my original plan which may have changed as I like the extra info from European sperm bank!!)
I truly believe they will do what's needed to help me become a mum not just rob me of my money that said it would be a one shot & done here money wise so my heads buzzing with questions and choices!

KN: where are you at my lovely? Hope all is good?

Anyone else around?

Hope you all and a great Xmas and here's to a fabulous 2016&#128536;
Hi fairytales I am here.

I've been lurking, but not much going on. Twins hit the 23 week mark today. So far so good, at least healthwise with them. Insurance and the OB practice being up front about cost of things not so much.

After my first visit with the MW (practice is a mix of Drs and MW, I see both), I was mailed a breakdown of what they figured my costs would be, according to my insurance coverage. This piece of paper says that sonograms were covered after a $20 copay. Which I would have been very happy with. After the 2nd trimester scan, I got a bill for over $800. Not happy with that. Especially since they want a scan every 3-4 weeks and then every week after 32 weeks. No way I'm paying $800 each time for that.

I call up my insurance company and they told me the scans would be considered a lab thing and so after I reach my deductible (which for this year is $2,000) then I would still be held accountable for 20% of the cost. I have a different type of plan next year with only a $250 deductible, but they still only cover 80%. Better, but so not what I was expecting.

In two weeks I have my GD test and they'll check my iron levels. I needed iron supplements with my son, so I told them I assume I'll need them again and wanted to find out sooner rather than later. They decided to test me early, which suits me fine.

I am so glad that I live in the UK. We dont have to worry about it at the moment.

Hello ladies, how is everyone? Hope you all had a lovely holiday period. I live with my sister and her two children, so it was hectic but really lovely. The whole family came over for the day itself and as the only single, childless person there, I got volunteered to be head chef and cooked Christmas dinner for 11 people. Kept me busy at least!

Melody Happy 12 weeks!!! I'm so happy for you, I hope you can really start to enjoy the pregnancy now and feel a little less anxious.

AFM: I'm over my upset at having to delay everything. I think it might be because it's the new year, but I just feel confident that I can say that I'm going to get pregnant in 2016, it just makes it feel a bit more real.

I've decided to look for a new donor. The one I had was lovely, but the more I get to know him, the more I can see that he's helped a lot of ladies and sees it as some sort of badge of honour that he has a lot of babies out there, it just feels a little irresponsible to me so I'm hoping to find someone else. I've had lots of interest in my profile and a lot of messages, just weeding through them now, getting rid of the creeps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->