Any solo mum's out there?

I am pretty exhausted. This early stage is killing me but I know it will be worth it when my little wriggler is in my arms.

Spring has hit in Scotland too! Yipee. We're just back from the park and settling in for the evening. DS finishes school for spring holiday tomorrow - unfortunately I am working every day now until the 12th so will miss a fare bit of his time off, although I'm off the last few days. He'll have a great time with his uncle and will fail to tell me about it when I get in, bit like school days really. All good.

Spring really brings such positivity doesn't it, hoping you are all cuddling your own bundles of joy by the next one. Xx

Darkriver - Aww yeah it really takes it out of you. I just slept for the first 4 months lol. I hope it eases up for you x

Rags - Oh yeah the kids are on their spring break. Aww bet your little one is super happy. It's a shame you have to work, but as long as he has fun. I do agree about spring. I feel like I've got this renewed zest for life.x

Just popping my head in to say hello. :wave:

Spring really is here. The weather is (mostly) lovely here in England. Hope it is wherever you are. I'm doing well. 7 months today! Still can't believe how fast things are going :wacko:

How are you ladies doing? Any updates with your ttc plans?

7 months already, how amazing. The next couple of months will fly by, enjoy. Xx

Melodyy I just viewed your blog and wanted to say that your son is absolutely adorable!! Those 4D scans are amazing... I'm in ahhh right now. He's such a cutie!! Congratulations on making 7 months!! Wishing you all the best!! :hugs:

Well I am 11 weeks and find pregnancy a little hard because I am tired. Congrats on your LB.

My girls arrived a week ago. I had planned on doing an induction, but when I got there, I was barely dilated and only 50% effaced. I was ready to NOT be in labor for a day+, so the doctor offered an elective c-section since baby B was nearly a pound bigger it made her more comfortable in preventing any complications and it would mean I wouldn't have to wait any longer to meet my girls.

I was also in great discomfort due to LOADS of swelling, which got worse after delivery and I'm just now seeing decrease. I've lost 40 lbs in the last week and still have swelling.

Anyway, baby girls and I were released Sunday after Lydia (baby B) was treated for low glucose in NICU for 2 days and I started treatment for high blood pressure, which came on 3 days after delivery.

Ella's official birth weight is 6lbs and Lydia's is 6lbs 15oz.

Attachments

• 12987029_10153483026956709_5595666933551508327_n.jpg
    12987029_10153483026956709_5595666933551508327_n.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 12
Congratulations Christie!! Your precious daughters are so beautiful. <3<3

Rags Thanks hun. I hope it goes quickly from now, but i also hope it doesnt at the same time lol. I let a student midwife destroy my arm trying to take blood yesterday so im currently at home resting it and seething!

boopin4baby Awww thank you! I know im bias but he is the cutest right! The whole experience was crazy but so beautiful.

darkriver Thanks. Aww you're nearly in the 2nd tri. Things should ease up then.

Christie2011 Congratulations! Beautiful girls.

I hope everyone else is doing ok. Thinking about you always <3

Well done you Christie, your girls are beautiful and your family will be wonderful. Enjoy. Xx

Aww congrats Christie - gorgeous! Nice size for twins too - well done :)

Rags What have you and little man been up to? Any plans for the weekend?

A quiet weekend for Ds, he woke with a sore throat this morning and the start of a cough so think his weekend will probably extend well into next week by the time he's fit to go back to school. I am away helping a friend move house, left early this morning and will get home by lunch time tomorrow, so feeling a bit rotten at leaving him with his gran and uncle when he's ill. He'll be well looked after by them which I know or I'd have pulled out of the flitting but my friend is older, been ill recently and lives in the middle of nowhere with no neighbors so didn't want to let him down either. Now I'm in the middle of nowhere piggybacking off of a strangers WiFi (as there is no phone reception) and can't even check in to see how he is - bad, bad mummy! Then again it is only the 3rd time in his 6 years that I'll have been away overnight, and every other time was work related.

Aww bless him, and you for being such a good friend. I hope he gets better asap. I'm sure his nan and uncle will be spoiling him. :) x

Congratulations Christie. Your girls are totally gorgeous and really good weighs for twins. Enjoy every second.

I am pretty exhausted. This early stage is killing me but I know it will be worth it when my little wriggler is in my arms.

I remember the absolute exhaustion in first tri. I struggled to stay awake past 7pm. That's one of the things that scares me about ttc number 2. An active 2 year old is already exhausting!.
Any way regardless of the nerves, I will be ttc from next month. I'm currently reaquanting myself with opks and tempting (although not sure how accurate the readings will be with a wiggly toddler curled up next to me). I got pregnant so ridiculously fast with my dd that I'm trying to be realistic in the fact that it's unlikely to happen first go again. I think it could be an emotional rollercoaster.

Christie: Congrats on the arrival of your beautiful girls hope your all well xx

In vivo: I must of missed your post congrats on your pregnancy & Twins?? I hope your keeping well xx

Melody: Been following your blog & saw your latest pics they are amazing what a handsome boy you've got baking away in there!! How are you keeping? xx

KN: How are you doing?

UFM: I have my tests & sign appt this Thursday so long as AF is away by then which
isn't looking likely at the moment but I'm still hoping that by some miracle I wake up Thursday & she's gone after all that will be cycle day 5 so I say she's been here long enough by then lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->