Any solo mum's out there?

Oxygen- I am on benefits to but I have a massive deadline due to health reasons. I think that having children shouldnt be a financial consideration.

Oxygen, I'm with Darkriver on this one. I aged out of being able to have number 2, I am still amazed and delighted on a daily basis with my Ds but he and I both would have liked another child - something he reminds me of regularly. You can't turn time back and you could wait a long time to win the lottery and be financially independent. Enjoy your family and don't forget that this is a valuable contribution to society too.

I am planning to have a third in a few years but by then you cant claim for extra children anyway. I dont have kids for the money I have kids because I love being a parent. Obviously if you were homeless I would say wait until your stable but if you have a home and have decent support go for it. Society is very judgy these days.

Also your not planning on never working and wring the government of £40K unlike that lady a couple of weeks ago. Your planning to work and that makes a whole difference.

This is me to. I worry about people judging and I have because of my health but I am better off without a partner in my life. Do it because you want to and not because somebody thinks its wrong.

I third the views on here Oxygen; Finances definitely come into the equation of parenting - because kids don't come cheap. BUT you shouldn't be too concerned to start with 'where' the money comes from, benefits or job. If being on benefits means you still get to stay home, be a good mum and shower your baby with love in those first few months? Go for it! I personally, would rather be a sahm on a benefit of some sort, or studying etc working towards a better job/career - than be a mum who has to leave my very much desired and wanted 3mo in daycare from 7.30-5.30.

Melody; That's cool about your cousin!! I'm sure she'll much appreciate having a cousin who knows the ins and outs and gets her thoughts and feelings along the way! All the best to her journey! ps, yes I am stoked about my cycles being funded still! I thought it was the end until I could find a way to fund it myself! But nope - I still get to fight along.

afm; Things are going ok - chugging along. My hcg finally got down to zero - it took forever! And everything took ages to clear out aswell. I'm so glad it's over now. Of course it was not the desirable outcome, but when I found out the pregnancy wasn't going to progress I just wanted it done and over then and there. So when things took ages, alongside blood tests only a few days apart over the past few weeks. It hasn't been a fun past 4 weeks! But I've decided that due to the way my funded cycles continue to work, I don't have an awful lot of time to wait. So once my doctor says things are ok to move on - I think I'm going to try another embryo transfer.

Basically I have 4 more embryos frozen for the next 12 months. I figure - if things don't go to plan, and I have more unsuccessful cycles - that's 3 months per embryo. Which really, isn't enough. So waiting just takes more time away that I don't really have. I'd rather just keep moving on, and deal with the grieving process each day as it comes alongside everything.

Thanks so much ladies. It's really helped me to get your views. :)

K N I really hope your next attempt is successful. Fingers and toes crossed for you.

Darkriver: how have you found the pregnancy, having a toddler too? I have been wondering how hard it would be with an active toddler in the mix!

K.N, you have been working so hard for this and it will happen. I hope your body gets back to readiness quickly for you and that you can get started again soon.

Long time no post! I've read back as far as Feb and can't believe how much everyone has moved on! I'm not going to reply individually, but just know you're all amazingly strong women and I appreciate being able to read your posts so much.

I decided to take a step back from the forums as I was driving myself crazy with TTC information, when I didn't even have a donor, so it all seemed pointless. Then my sister got pregnant around New Years and then lost the baby just shy of 23wks due to PPROM which was (is) devastating. Throughout this whole time I'd been messaging a few potential donors and got on really well with one particular guy and we're now ready to start the donation/insemination process. EEK! I'm due to ovulate on the 9th and he's going to try and pop round as often as he can around that time. He's restricted by work so we can't be particularly accurate, going the whole OPK/temp route. I just hope it's enough. I have my preseed, my softcups and a whole tonne of enthusiasm! Can't believe I'm a week away from being in my first SMBC tww!

I hope everyone is well!

Good luck Cinderella! How exciting for you. I wish you luck :)

Ahhh! Good luck Oxygen!

I promised myself I wouldn't OPK, because I didn't want to see a positive and not be able to get my donation, but I couldn't resist and just took a test and there's not even a hint of a line (well, there's a squinter) this is supposed to be the start of my fertile window, ending on the 10th, so was surprised to not even have a faint! See, this is why I shouldn't test, I'm worrying now! I'm going to do it again in a few hours just in case I get my surge later on in the day and then whatever happens I'm gonna put the OPKs down. He can make tomorrow but I can't so first insem is likely to be Weds.

Hey ladies

Just a question or 2 if you feel it's too personal you don't need to answer

How did you know your donors were genuine?
How did they prove to you they were infection/disease free?
Where did you find them?

Lots of luck & baby dust to you both:dust:
I hope you both get a bfp soon

First insem today! :thumbup: :thumbup:
What an experience! Felt so nervous beforehand, honestly thought about not answering the door when he knocked. But as it happens, it went ok. Awkward conversation for 10 minutes, let him do his thing, awkward conversation for 5 minutes, he left and I had my way with some preseed and a softcup.

He's hoping to be back tomorrow night and once more before the 10th so in with a good chance this month I hope!

Is it normal to have mild period like cramps for a few hours afterwards?

Can't believe I'm officially in a 2ww this month and get to test, so exciting!

Just popping in to say hi :hi: Due date's on Wednesday so just waiting, eating, and sleeping lol. But I'm feeling great.

Rags Hope you and wee man are doing well. x

Cinderella WB hun! Glad to see you back. Good luck with your tww. Lots of babydust for you! :dust:

So sorry to hear about your sister. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. x

Oxygen7880 Good luck with the tww! Exciting! :dust:

KN Loads of hugs and kisses for you! Hope you're settling back into things. Thanks again for those adorable gifts. I wish i could wear the clothes, they're so soft haha. :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

So happy to see so many of you in your tww. Lets hope this summer season brings some BFPs! :thumbup: <3

Ahh Melodyy, so near! How ru feeling about the birth? So exciting for you.

Haha I know. I keep looking at my ticker like "really?!". I'm feeling very excited and confident. That's all down to my hypnobirthing classes. Highly recommended.

How are you? Keeping busy during this tww? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->