Any solo mum's out there?

Cinderella WB hun! Glad to see you back. Good luck with your tww. Lots of babydust for you! :dust:

So sorry to hear about your sister. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. x

Thank you for your prayers, it's still quite raw, but my sister is being really brave through it.

I've been thinking about you a lot, hoping you and your boy are well! Wishing you lots of relaxed labour vibes over the next few days! Can't wait to 'meet' him! :baby: :happydance:

afm: WHY IS TIME PASSING SO SLOWLY??? I felt abnormally bloated the first day or so, extra crampy, extra cm-y - but now at 4DPO? Nothing! I'm jumping between 'of course i'm pregnant' and 'no bloody way', but this is horrid. I can't imagine having to do this every month, for those who have, you're amazing.

I've read a lot of good things about hypnobirthing. It's def something I would look into if I was blessed with another pregnancy.
My first labour was very fast but not all that great and so I would be very interested in your experience of hypnobirthing.

Happy Due Date Melody:yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:
Hope all goes well my lovely:hugs::kiss:
p.s Hurry up little prince all your bnb solo mama thread buddies can't wait to hear all about you:baby::blue::crib:

Oh Melodyy, one day past your due date - welcome to you next tww with a difference, at least this one may be shorter and you get the most amazingly wonderful gift at the end of it, and forever! I wish you an enjoyable birth when it arrives.

Ds and I are on holiday at the moment. We've been camping down through England and are at Legoland for a couple of days. We are having a fab - but wet time, crossing our fingers that there might be a bit less rain today (although Ds's favourite rides all involve water anyway).

Best wishes to all. Xx

Thinking of you melodyy!
Good luck to the rest of you :)
How you feeling rags?

Hey ladies

Just a question or 2 if you feel it's too personal you don't need to answer

How did you know your donors were genuine?
How did they prove to you they were infection/disease free?
Where did you find them?

Lots of luck & baby dust to you both:dust:
I hope you both get a bfp soon

When I tried using AI with a donor I found, we emailed a bit, then he sent me a copy of his STI report. It was a few years old so I asked that he get another (I paid), he was glad to do so.

He came totally prepared with a syringe for me and a container for him (he had done this before and I hadn't, though I was prepared as well).

Oxygen that's fantastic news huge congrats
Hope you have a smooth pregnancy xxx

Christie
Thanks for sharing that to help
Hope you and your wee family are all good xx

Rags: good to hear from you I hope yous are having a fantastic holiday xx

Oxygen: Congrats! What amazing news! 10 dpo right? So early! Must be some good hcg in there! :dust:

Rags: Hope you're enjoying Legoland! We went for one day last year for my nephews 6th birthday and it was just too busy to enjoy, lovely place though!

AFM: Having nausea 'surges', some dizziness, overheating and occasional crampy twinges in my lady organs. Hopefully it's the result of a nice little egg burrowing away into my uterus and not just because it's muggy and my body is preparing for AF? UGH! I don't know!I run out of prenatal vits in 4 days, gonna test and see if I need pregnancy ones or not! lol I'll be 11dpo, so hopefully not too soon!

Cinderella fingers crossed for you. I'm hoping your get your bfp in 4 days too.

Oxygen, brilliant news, Friday is only a couple of days away and I'm sure your little bean will be making itself comfortable in the mean time.

Cinderella I've everything crossed for you, i was certain my period was coming for a few days before my bfp, it was the most crampy and sure i was going to have an early period that I've ever felt in my life.
I can imagine that Legoland is maddness during the holidays but it's been ok the last couple of days, a few school groups and quite a lot of Scottish acents as our schools are off already but most of the rides were only about 10 minute waits with the bigger ones taking about 30 so not too hideous. Starting to head back up north tomorrow, don't want to do the drive in one go but need to have a wee think what to do/where to go - holidaying in Britain is so not a cheap option, we could have gone abroad for a fortnight and spent less than we have in 8 days here!

Cinderella Love to you all :hugs::angel:

Aww thank you! Yes it's very exciting in Casa Melodyy at the mo. My mum is a complete wreck and my dad refuses to call me for fear of hearing me in labour :rofl: Luckily I'm calm and relaxed. Can't wait to show him to you!

Ah yes the mystery of the tww. Feels like an eternity. Did that for two years, it was insane lol. But you are also amazing. No matter how many times you go through it, you still feel the same anxiety and distress. I really hope and pray it doesn't take very long for you. FX if you test soon. xxx

Oxygen7880 Yeah hypnobirthing is wonderful. I'm still nervous obviously but i feel very confident and calm. There was a couple in my class who already had a child, so it's normal for people to give it a go the second or third time round.

And OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: I know it's early days but that is amazing news. Lets hope there's lots of babydust going round this group right now. Congrats hun. Keep us updated! xx

fairytales87 Haha thank you hun! :kiss::kiss::kiss: I cant wait to show him to you and our little online group. I hope you're doing ok. :hugs: <3

Hehe yup one day past it today :) Thank you so much :hugs: Hope you and ds are having a great time. You guys are always on a little trip or adventure. I love it! You must give me some tips sometime on keeping children entertained xx

afm: Had my 40 week midwife appointment yesterday. Baby boy is fully engaged and I checked out perfectly, so it's just a matter of time now. I hadn't had any incling of labour until last night. I've had braxton hicks since about 28 weeks but last night they started getting more intense and I was feeling them waaaay down low. Not feeling anything today though so we shall see.

How is everyone?

I'm not bad here. Still doing preg tests everyday. Think I should prob stop now but it's hard! I think I need to accept that it's real. Booked in with midwife for early August. Still can't quite believe it. Still a little nauseous but I'm soo irritable it's unreal. Feel like I could rip someone's head off. Not nice and I feel short of patience with my lg which I feel guilty about.

So the midwife puts me at 5weeks 3 days but I know when I ov'd and that I am a week behind that Coz I ov'd cd20. It was exactly the same with my lg and I even ov'd on the same day. So when I went to my 12 week scan with her I expected them to date me back a few days. However they actually put me even further ahead! In my head I always felt that the due date they gave me (Xmas day) was wrong because I was sure sure of ov date and knew it was more likely to be the end of Dec or early Jan. But I did actually go into labour on Xmas day and had her early hrs Boxing Day! So who was right? Was lg just a bit early or were they right all along?? Confused lol

Hey everyone. Just a quick update to let you know that my little boy is here! Things have been so hectic since he was born, I didn't have a chance to post sooner.

Baby boy was born on the 19th of July at 9:06 pm. I was in early labour most of the day but didn't realise. Thought it was just braxton hicks :haha: Everything went smoothly and quickly. No drugs, no stitches, and I birthed him in 6 minutes! lol. DS weighed 5lbs 4 oz and was 6 days past my due date :o We're both doing really well though. Been out a few times already.

I will have a read of other posts and get back to people as soon as I can, but in the meantime, here are a few cheeky snaps. xxx

20160722_192145.jpg
20160720_055415.jpg
20160724_173018.jpg

Aaaaah, congratulations Melody!! He's so beautiful :cloud9: Cram as many newborn squishes in as you can, and photos and videos, because those days go so fast... Benny is 5 months now and my memory of him as a tiny bub has already faded :(

Ah Melodyy he is delicious. Congratulations. Enjoy him and soak up every second. Tell us more about the birth when you get chance.

Congratulations meloddy!! Your baby boy is ADORABLE. I love his big bright eyes.. he's so cute. Enjoy the early precious moments with your bundle of joy!! :hugs: Thanks for sharing with us. <3<3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->