Any solo mum's out there?

Huge congratulations to you Darkriver - you are a beautiful family now. Xx

Hey ladies. It's been a while! Hope you're all ok. Baby Zylan (dont think I mentioned his name lol) is 4 months now! My how time has flown. Im still working through my emotional difficulties but feeling much better. We had a really stressful couple of weeks where Zylan had bronchiolitus. I've never been so scared in my life. But he is back to his smiley giggly self now thank goodness. I started therapy which is helping soooo much. Apparently it's very common to get pna or pnd when you have struggled to conceive which totally makes sense.

@Oxygen7880
Its so true. You don't long for a romantic partner just someone to chat too. I have no doubt it will get easier though once Zylan can talk etc.

@fairytales87
Im sorry to hear sbout all the set backs and false starts. It's been a bit of a rollercoaster for you. I hope you're feeling a bit better. It will happen! Each obsticle you overcome just shows how strong and capable you are!

@darkriver
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Awww show us a picture when you can but until then just rest and enjoy your beautiful little girl. Love her name x

Here she is. She is such a lovely doll like her sister.

Attachments

• 14955942_821003748037107_7037127555761163301_n.jpg
    14955942_821003748037107_7037127555761163301_n.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 10
Dark river she is just beautiful congratulations again
I hope your settling well into life as a mummy of 2 xx

Melody Im glad Zylan is feeling much better now
I love his name!! Glad to hear your doing better too
I'm totally in awe of how you've handled these first few months
of mummyhood I sure hope I can do as good a job as you! xx

KN I hope your doing well sweetie xx

Update from me I start my new cycle in 2wks at my new amazing clinic & I can't wait!! Yes I know I changed clinic again!! The last one was just awful and stressing me out way too much never been more comfortable at a clinic as I am with this one!

Hope everyone else is doing well xx

How exciting fairytales. I hope this clinic is a lot more useful.
is it crazy that I am already planning baby number 3. It wont be for a few years yet and I want to be a lot more organised but I know I am not done.

Darkriver your are super mum to have two and want another so soon
I often think what if I don't feel complete with one like I always thought I would but I won't be able to afford more than one. I will need to go back at 6months as I can't afford to loose any more pay than that. I also won't be able to pay childcare for more than 1 & I will need to stay fulltime for my salary!

Personal question alert:
Did any of you btdt mamas wonder how you'd feel if baby looked like the donor? Is it bad of me to worry about this? Xx

Hi everyone. I'm a single mummy of one 4 year old and planning/thinking of having a 2nd child solo. However a little different as I would have it with elijahs father and still be a single mum. I don't want a relationship with him but he has offered to give me another child. I'm 31 and have just come out of a relationship in which we were planning a baby, now I'm single I still long for a baby and I'm worried I won't meet anyone or push a relationship to work to have a baby. I'm more inclined to lean towards having my 2 children first then letting LOVE find me.
Hope I belong here as I feel like I need support/advice. Love to all Xx

Welcome to the group
The thread is a little slow as a few of the ladies have just had their gorgeous babies. Some of us are just starting treatment cycles and some are WTT.

The decision to become to solo mama is a scary one but the girls here are all lovely and fantastic

Wish you lots of love and luck can't wait to share your journey with you xx

Hey ladies :)
Been awhile since I checked in! I'm still floating in and out haha. Have had a hectic few months! - I got two periods the past two months, so I took that as a sign to continue on and move on from my last embryo transfer cycle. Although going back after is much harder than before! I am struggling to get into this cycle, but am happy to be back in the game! Have had my ovarian scan, and have got a blood test in 2 days. Transfer day is the 29th. I keep going back and forth between feelings - although I guess that the hormone tablets I'm on don't help that either haha!!

To answer your q fairytale - I used to always be so scared of that! Not as much now since B and I are such good friends; but I did used to wonder; what if my baby looks nothing like me and everything like him! I guess it's normal to feel that!

Anyway, hope all else is going well for everyone!! :) xxx

KN: Lots of love luck and baby dusts for monday❤️
Thank you for answering my question I keep thinking what if baby looks like the donor and nothing like me. At least if my angels had looked like OH he was their daddy but what if future baby/babies look like the donor and I don't bond with them🤔😔 I'm stressing about all the small stuff but I think it's because treatment will be starting so soon I just hope if once any future baby is finally here all will be ok and these are just silly worries.

Roll on Monday so I can get started again!!

Hope everybody else bumps and babies are all doing well 😘 xx

Hi fairytales87. I think you will bond with baby whoever he/she looks like as you will have carried him/her and she's still yours no matter how she looks. If you don't mind me asking are you not with OH anymore or are you using a donor because of complications? Lots of baby dust xxxx

I'm not with my OH anymore he was a horrible manipulative liar amongst other things:nope:

I began planning my solomama journey before I met him & now I'm completing it myself:cloud9:
I'm using a local clinic & one of there donors hopefully to get my rainbow baby[-o<:cloud9:

Ok I'm sorry to hear that. I too have just come out of relationship where I was used and lied too. It's awful.
Good luck Hun. Are you in the U.K. ? Xx

It sure is awful
I'm sorry you were treated like that:growlmad::nope:
We will move on better & stronger ourselves

Thank you❤️
Yes I'm in the UK I live in Edinburgh xx

I got asked 3 times the other day if I was going to find someone and seemed surprised when I said no. I am quite happy and capable on my own.

Darkriver ppl always assume things don't they
One of my besties just doesn't get it lol
Are you not lonely..nope!! Do you not miss the cuddling up watching tv of an evening?....nope
How will you cope with night feeds etc...I will just get on with it like every other mum does!!
When I say I don't want nor do I need a man I will manage just fine all by myself she just looks at me like I have two heads����

I hope you and those two girlies of yours are all doing well xx

Darkriver ppl always assume things don't they
One of my besties just doesn't get it lol
Are you not lonely..nope!! Do you not miss the cuddling up watching tv of an evening?....nope
How will you cope with night feeds etc...I will just get on with it like every other mum does!!
When I say I don't want nor do I need a man I will manage just fine all by myself she just looks at me like I have two heads����

I hope you and those two girlies of yours are all doing well xx

https://i65.tinypic.com/ekhyy9.jpg
Amelia is month old. Lucy has finally settled into being a big sister and adores her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->