• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any solo mum's out there?

What beautiful girls
I can't believe Amelia is a month old already it sure goes quickly
I'm glad Lucy is loving her new role as big sis how lovely they will
be so close xx

Today I meet my new consultant for the first time & get this cycle underway so excited yet nervous all at once!!
I will update you lovelies when I get home xx

Gorgeous picture DarkRiver. How are you finding going from one to two?

Fairytale, wishing you lots of luck :hugs:

I am now 23 weeks preg and feeling baby boy quite a lot. I have a low lying placenta, just as with Ellie (but this time posteria) so I will need a scan at 36 weeks to make sure it has moved out of the way.

Thank you Hun
Wow 23wks already that's went so fast hopefully at your next scan things are as they need to be! I hope your keeping well otherwise xx

Update from me: My appt went very very well, every member of staff I came across was so lovely I was made to feel so comfortable! The consultant was just amazing listened to everything I was saying I felt he really cared about me and my story so far I felt like I was the only patient he seen that day even though in reality he probably seen loads!! No question was too stupid!! He explained everything in far more detail than anybody ever did at my other clinic!! Told me what it would all mean for me.
I left feeling so much more uplifted than I did when I went in all my silly niggles and worries soon disappeared &.....we made....A MINI PLAN!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance: I've a couple of tests to do & some meds to start & a scan & once that's done we are good to go!!!!! I'm so excited & so scared all at once❤️❤️xx

Update from me: My appt went very very well, every member of staff I came across was so lovely I was made to feel so comfortable! The consultant was just amazing listened to everything I was saying I felt he really cared about me and my story so far I felt like I was the only patient he seen that day even though in reality he probably seen loads!! No question was too stupid!! He explained everything in far more detail than anybody ever did at my other clinic!! Told me what it would all mean for me.
I left feeling so much more uplifted than I did when I went in all my silly niggles and worries soon disappeared &.....we made....A MINI PLAN!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance: I've a couple of tests to do & some meds to start & a scan & once that's done we are good to go!!!!! I'm so excited & so scared all at once❤️❤️xx

Sounds really exciting and positive hun. :) Hope that you get your angel soon x

My feelings so far are Omg this is one overwhelming rollercoaster can I do this?? :wacko:

Hope everyone is well xx

KN: Lots of love luck and baby dusts for monday❤️
Thank you for answering my question I keep thinking what if baby looks like the donor and nothing like me. At least if my angels had looked like OH he was their daddy but what if future baby/babies look like the donor and I don't bond with them🤔😔 I'm stressing about all the small stuff but I think it's because treatment will be starting so soon I just hope if once any future baby is finally here all will be ok and these are just silly worries.

Roll on Monday so I can get started again!!

Hope everybody else bumps and babies are all doing well 😘 xx

I adopted my first born, so he doesn't look anything like me. I had him since birth, stayed with him in the hospital before he was released, took him home from there. I didn't feel like I bonded with him straight away, but by two months we were well bonded.

KN: Lots of love luck and baby dusts for monday❤️
Thank you for answering my question I keep thinking what if baby looks like the donor and nothing like me. At least if my angels had looked like OH he was their daddy but what if future baby/babies look like the donor and I don't bond with them🤔😔 I'm stressing about all the small stuff but I think it's because treatment will be starting so soon I just hope if once any future baby is finally here all will be ok and these are just silly worries.

Roll on Monday so I can get started again!!

Hope everybody else bumps and babies are all doing well 😘 xx

I adopted my first born, so he doesn't look anything like me. I had him since birth, stayed with him in the hospital before he was released, took him home from there. I didn't feel like I bonded with him straight away, but by two months we were well bonded.

When DS was first born I would occasionally look at him wondering if he looked anything like the donor, but this passes and it doesn't take long before they just look like themselves. I am blond with blue eyes, donor has brown hair and eyes - Ds has ended up with copper hair and hazel eyes! when he's got wet hair he looks exactly like my sister when she was a little girl, when he's happy he looks like my brother, when he's grumpy he looks like me!!!! Even if they don't physically look like you when they're first born they quickly begin to mimic your facial expressions and mannerisms and suddenly look very like you and the people around them.

Thank you all for the reassurance ladies❤️
This IVF is taking its toll already it's like a huge rollercoaster of hormones & emotions:wacko::wacko:
Right now I just want to cry & stay in bed & not see or speak to anybody until it's all over:shrug:

Hey Ladies! :hi:

I wrote this huge reply and then lost it lol :(

babycrazy1706 Welcome to our little group. These are a lovely group of women. You most definitely belong here. Your situation is like going back to a previous donor so that you can have a full sibling for your first child. We will support you as much as we can. Ask anything! fairytales87 is right though. A few of us recently had our rainbow babies (after long, challenging journeys) so it might be a bit quiet. But I look forward to following you on your journey.

darkriver She is absolutely gorgeous!!! So happy your little girl has taken to the baby so easily. She must be such a proud loving big sis. Can't believe you're planning number 3 already! You're good lol. Such a strong lioness. x

fairytales87 Awww thank you! So very sweet of you to say all that :hugs: You will be a fantastic mother. I know this because i see how much you want it and how much you have gone through to start your family already. I am so so glad that your appointment with this new amazing clinic went well. Sorry to hear you're feeling emotional. It is understandable. IVF is a big step. Things are getting serious now. This time next year you could be holding your lo in your arms. My only advice is to be kind to yourself. Take duvet days. Cry. Eat all the chocolate :hugs: It is also completely normal to wonder if your child will look like you or not. I thought about it constantly when i was pregnant. Not ashamed to admit i feel giddy every time someone says Zylan looks like me.

K.N Thinking of you KN. I have my eyes glued to your blog lol :kiss:

Oxygen7880 Happy 23 weeks hun!! Hope your placenta moves by the next scan.

AFM Zylan is 20 weeks today! Crazy. He is the most hilarious little baby ever. My mood took a bit of a dive last week so I went to stay with my mum which was wonderful. I was just really exhausted as Zylan's sleep pattern has changed again. Things are slowly settling back into a calmer routine lol. Therapy is going so well. My anxiety levels have dropped from a 19 (out of 20) to an 8. However I have found that i feel sadder every now and then but my therapist said this often happens so I'm not overly worried. My mum is having Zylan tomorrow night so I can go to yoga and get an early night!

Here is a little updated pic.
IMG-20161201-WA0006.jpg

Hi Ladies, my name is Tiffany and I am a single woman planning on TTC #1 starting in January 2017! I've been catching up on the more recent posts, congrats to all of you who have welcomed your little one this year-it's been amazing to read your posts from so long ago and to be able to instantly see how your story turned out-and my! Those are some beautiful babies!

I know this page has been quiet recently but it looks like I'm not the only "new" member to be TTC or getting close to TTC, hopefully we can get to know one another and be a support system-with the already successful mommas there to offer advice as we navigate our paths on this journey.

I'm planning on doing 3-6 home ICI inseminations (frozen donor sperm) before graduating to IUI if it doesn't take right away. I'm just turning 28 and have no known health issues so I am hopeful that with the right timing I will get a BFP from the home insemenations! I've been stalking BnB since last year and have learned so much and have loved following so many amazing women on this journey.

I identify as asexual and while I have never wanted a traditional relationship, I have ALWAYS wanted to be a mother. I want it all, the special baby time, the active toddler, the toilet training and picky eating, the parent-teacher conferences, the moody teen years...everything! I am an RN and also run an online business from home that can support me comfortably staying home long term if needed, I'm not wealthy but I am stable. I am super close to my mom and sister and have the full support of everyone I know, I'm very open with my "Choice Mom" plans. I am choosing to go through a bank for the legal assurances, the anonymity and to simplify the process.

I have thought about this for years and finally am ready to start TTC. I would love to have your support and join you all on your journeys too-there is something so special about celebrating the conception and eventually the birth of a new baby-no matter who it belongs to!

Welcome Mum by choice. We are a small quite group but very supportive. I am thinking of ttcing again in october next year. It depends on my health though.

Ladies my appt today didn't go as expected
I'm utterly broken and will be taking time out from the board
I wish you all the love and luck in the world
❤️J xx

FairyTales I'm really sorry your appointment didn't go well. We are here if u need to talk xx

Ladies my appt today didn't go as expected
I'm utterly broken and will be taking time out from the board
I wish you all the love and luck in the world
❤️J xx

I am so sorry things didnt go well. I hope you will be back soon x

FairyTales I'm really sorry your appointment didn't go well. We are here if u need to talk xx

How are things going oxygen? Do you have a plan in place for labour yet?

I have decided to start ttc October 2018. I will be tracking though from now so I can start to understand my cycles.

Aw sorry to hear Fairytales - Big hugs!!

Melody: Zylan is soooo cute, Can't believe how old he is already! Crazy!

Darkriver; oh that's cool! Wee while away to get this tracked and controlled too :) You're brave hehe!!

AFM: Well, I started my third cycle. But second embryo transfer. Was stoked as a few days ago I got a positive HPT; But is likely to be a chemical. HCG was only at 13 on the day of my Beta. They like it to be over 50 apparently. Have another blood test in 2 days. Will see then for sure, but I'm not holding my hopes high!

Melody: how gorgeous is your little fella.

KN: all the best for you and I hope you get good news.

DarkRiver: Can't believe I'm 25 weeks now and will be in third tri just after Xmas. I haven't thought much about the birth. It all seemed so far away but I think I better get my head around the fact that I really am going to have this little boy! My first labour was 6 and half hrs from first contraction to actually having her, so it was very fast. And she was stuck and I needed ventouse so it would likely have been even faster if I could have pushed her out. I'm wondering how this labour will go. All my plans first time around went out of the window really due to the speed of it all. The contractions started at 1 min 30 apart and never lenghtened. It was a total shock to my body though, no break from the pain at all. Who knows what will happen.
Was your second labour shorter? How are you getting on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->