Any Soy Ladies out there?

Good luck Leilani - its my first month using soy too. Hope we both get a beginners luck BFP! I am 42 and trying for baby number 1. My FSH result was low (6) which is great but I still don't think there is any harm in giving them old ovaries a boost!!

Frogger- what happened when you uped the dose?

xxxxx

well I was reading from a couple of other ladies on another board that did up their soy to 160mgs and also up to 200mgs and they both have gotten their BFP's so I thought why not try it....well if you click on my chart its in my siggy below its not showing any ovulation but there have been times during my cycle that I have felt like ovulation pains so I'm not sure and I know 1 thing with taking that high of a dose is that my cervical muscus if I did ovulate those times that I was feeling it my cervical muscus hasn't been stretchy at all so I'm looking into taking preseed the next cycle and lowering my soy down to 120 mgs again...its just different this cycle....

i guess different things work for different people frogger - you now know what doesn't work for you.

I was looking at the bottle my soy capsules are in last night when I noticed it said Serving: 2 Capsules, and below this it says Soy Isoflavones are 40mg per serving - which basically means it's not 3 capsules I have to take, but 5!!!! This does make it a nice even 100mg now, not 120, but it means the bottle will only last 2 cycles and 2 days - not the anticiated 4. Really hoping I won't need more than 2 cycles, as they were expensive! (more expensive than a prescription of clomid).

Has anyone else been caught out by serving size, or is it just me (and my weak capsules)?

mine are 100mg tablets so I have the problem of having to snap them in half!

I was looking at the bottle my soy capsules are in last night when I noticed it said Serving: 2 Capsules, and below this it says Soy Isoflavones are 40mg per serving - which basically means it's not 3 capsules I have to take, but 5!!!! This does make it a nice even 100mg now, not 120, but it means the bottle will only last 2 cycles and 2 days - not the anticiated 4. Really hoping I won't need more than 2 cycles, as they were expensive! (more expensive than a prescription of clomid).

Has anyone else been caught out by serving size, or is it just me (and my weak capsules)?

what kind of soy are you getting because the soy most people get is the spring valley walmart brand and its only like 6 $ at the most. i dont know how much you pay for it or how much clomid is for you but i was just saying.

what kind of soy are you getting because the soy most people get is the spring valley walmart brand and its only like 6 $ at the most. i dont know how much you pay for it or how much clomid is for you but i was just saying.

Soy is pretty thin on the ground in New Zealand - only available as a menopause thing - I bought the one with the least other things added!

I did a quick look online and found the Spring Valley one (on Amazon) and from a seller who ships to NZ. There were also a lot of other ones on Amazon which are sold as Soy Isolflavones, but when you look at the label and so the sums, they only have 10 or 15 mg of isoflavones in them - so you'd need to take a whole heap of these to get a decent doseage.

Over here a prescription for clomid (if you can get one) is $15, and I've paid $40 for my pottle soy!

Soy is pretty thin on the ground in New Zealand - only available as a menopause thing - I bought the one with the least other things added!

I did a quick look online and found the Spring Valley one (on Amazon) and from a seller who ships to NZ. There were also a lot of other ones on Amazon which are sold as Soy Isolflavones, but when you look at the label and so the sums, they only have 10 or 15 mg of isoflavones in them - so you'd need to take a whole heap of these to get a decent doseage.

Over here a prescription for clomid (if you can get one) is $15, and I've paid $40 for my pottle soy!

wow that sux. ya its listed here in the US for menopause to. its sold pretty much anywhere you buy vitamins so its really cheap here and clomid is very costly here. the soy is about 40 mgs. if i could i would send you some hun.

It sucks - but I guess a small price to pay in the big scheme of things.

I might try some of the independant health food stores - it's just a shame you only get a couple of days notice of needing it!

Still hoping won't need to use more than 2 months worth though!

I've taken 80mg this time round, CD1-4 :)

By CD4 I was very glad it was my last dose.. I don't think I could handle any more than 4 days in a row!! :rofl:

Next time I'm going to try taking it at night, so I don't get the side effects, soy seems to make me feel very irritable & unsettled, a lot like bad PMT!!
It will be soooo worth it tho, if I get my BFP on soy & don't need to go onto clomid :D xx

wow that sux. ya its listed here in the US for menopause to. its sold pretty much anywhere you buy vitamins so its really cheap here and clomid is very costly here. the soy is about 40 mgs. if i could i would send you some hun.

You can get the generic form of Clomid at walmart for $4 hun. I bought my Soy at walmart.

I am not sure soy is going to make my ov much sooner this cycle :(
I took 120mg CD2-3 but then felt it wasn't doing anything so upped it to 160mg days 4-6. Am on CD15 today with a negative OPK so that means I won't ov until minimum CD19 (normally CD22). Not much of an improvement and it just gave me false hopes. Did I not take enough or does it just not work for some people?

I took 120mg CD2-3 but then felt it wasn't doing anything so upped it to 160mg days 4-6. Am on CD15 today with a negative OPK so that means I won't ov until minimum CD19 (normally CD22). Not much of an improvement and it just gave me false hopes. Did I not take enough or does it just not work for some people?

What are you hoping soy will do for you? It strengthens your ovulation, it may also vary the date slightly, it made me ovulate a day or so later in my cycle - I took 100mg CD3-7. Got lots of EWCM too.

What are you hoping soy will do for you? It strengthens your ovulation, it may also vary the date slightly, it made me ovulate a day or so later in my cycle - I took 100mg CD3-7. Got lots of EWCM too.

Agreed! I O'd one day later (15) last cycle but this cycle I went early (12). I think I did miss one day of the SI though, I can't remember!

I was hoping it would make me ov sooner as many said they ovd 5-10 days after finishing course. I have had a lot more ov pains on and off this cycle since I started taking it but I'm not sure that's a good thing. Just feel discouraged that's all :shrug:
looking for a tcm practioner in my area any ideas how you pick a good one?

Aw, Jo, you'll get there hun! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

I think maybe she's saying traditional Chinese medicine?

lol thats what I am saying....sorry :rofl:

I used soy on cd 3-7 100mg, the walmart brand this past cycle. I could feel my ovulation coming on. I didnt use opk nor temp :nope:. I just "go with the flow" method :coffee:, didnt really stress out about it, just had fun :happydance:.

If I dont get a BFP this month is it safe to do it again next month. This is my 2nd cycle usuing it and should I just give it a break next month :shrug:?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->