• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any Soy Ladies out there?

I don't think it will do you any harm. It could definitely bring it forward... but there's a chance it won't. Everyone reacts differently. Although, I think it sounds like you might be a good candidate to give it a try. :hugs: Sorry for your loss!

I don't think it will do you any harm. It could definitely bring it forward... but there's a chance it won't. Everyone reacts differently. Although, I think it sounds like you might be a good candidate to give it a try. :hugs: Sorry for your loss!

What I was thinking was that if it didnt move it up then oh well, it was worth a shot. I have had a few people tell me it moved their O date up. One girl I know had her O moved from CD29 to CD19 which to me is pretty darn great, but then the next cycle she had the attitude "If a lil soy is good then a lot is better" and took 200mgs instead of 120mg and then had an annovulatory cycle so she advised me to stay away from it. I am thinking that since it helped the first time maybe the second time she overdid it and took too much.

Im on CD32 and just waiting on AF. I have been charting and know I haven't O'd. I have heard that it isnt uncommon to have an annovulatory cycle after a miscarraige though. Although I also am most likely off on my cycle days. I counted CD1 as the day I passed everything but if I went from the day my hcg most likely hit 0 (according to blood tests and the fact that it has about a half life) I would only be CD22. So I may still O, but I feel like AF is on her way. And Im okay with that. Really excited to give the soy a shot. :thumbup:

Does 120mgs CD3-7 sound like a good starting place? Or would I want to take it earlier like CD2-6 or CD1-5 to move my O up?

Ok so spoke to my OH he wanted me to make an app before we go to vegas :) so ive made an app and am going to see the dr next wed before we fly out on the friday. Im gonna feel embarrased talking about this stuff to a person :blush:

Ok so spoke to my OH he wanted me to make an app before we go to vegas :) so ive made an app and am going to see the dr next wed before we fly out on the friday. Im gonna feel embarrased talking about this stuff to a person :blush:

I know how ya feel :hugs: I dread the thought of going to the doctor but I know it's only gonna help me with TTC! =)

thanx wanting...I just really wanted it to happen naturally (with no dr help)... :( but maybe she can give me something just to help with Oving so it can still be natural i guess :shrug:

Vanilla Star - the best dose of soy (or indeed any medication) is the smallest amount to get the job done! I've heard that too much soy can cause issues - especially when a smaller dose did the trick.

thanx wanting...I just really wanted it to happen naturally (with no dr help)... :( but maybe she can give me something just to help with Oving so it can still be natural i guess :shrug:

I understand that =) I always imagined I'd have no trouble getting pregnant and wouldn't have to get help from a doctor, but I guess now I've realized that I'm gonna have to have some help because of my long cycles. I get so frustrated with my body!!

me too wanting :hugs: how long are your cycles atm? (i think you have said before, cant remember)

I am on CD 100+ at the moment...stopped counting so I don't know exactly.

I was about 112 days last time and that was 4 months :/ sux doesnt it :(

Don't feel bad about getting medical assistance. I am having a long cycle this month for some reason and I O'd really late. I am not pregnant and my temp has been consistently 98.4 for a week and has not went down. I am thankful I go the RE on Thursday to find out what is going on with me. My second set of 21 day bloods should be back from the lab and we can go over everything in detail. The 21 day bloods are the only thing that came back as not ovulating. I had my FSH and Estrogen tested and both are fine so a resolution this cycle is warranted so I can start soy. I hope she will give me something to start my cycle because the false signal that AF is starting is more than I take.

My cycles have not been the same since I had the Mirena removed a year ago. I'd like my body back please...LOL....

D~

Its not so bad. If you give them an idea of what you mean, then they seem to provide a lot of yes/no questions to minimize embarrassment. Of you could always write down a lot of what you need to say/ask... then just tell the doctor that you get nervous and forget to say what you need to so you wrote it out. If you hand that to him/her, then you won't have to SAY the things that you're embarrassed of saying, iykwim? :hugs:

Me too! :( So much for that!

Hoping you don't need much, love! :hugs:

What I was thinking was that if it didnt move it up then oh well, it was worth a shot. I have had a few people tell me it moved their O date up. One girl I know had her O moved from CD29 to CD19 which to me is pretty darn great, but then the next cycle she had the attitude "If a lil soy is good then a lot is better" and took 200mgs instead of 120mg and then had an annovulatory cycle so she advised me to stay away from it. I am thinking that since it helped the first time maybe the second time she overdid it and took too much.

Im on CD32 and just waiting on AF. I have been charting and know I haven't O'd. I have heard that it isnt uncommon to have an annovulatory cycle after a miscarraige though. Although I also am most likely off on my cycle days. I counted CD1 as the day I passed everything but if I went from the day my hcg most likely hit 0 (according to blood tests and the fact that it has about a half life) I would only be CD22. So I may still O, but I feel like AF is on her way. And Im okay with that. Really excited to give the soy a shot. :thumbup:

Does 120mgs CD3-7 sound like a good starting place? Or would I want to take it earlier like CD2-6 or CD1-5 to move my O up?

If the 120mg worked, then she shouldn't have upped her dose. Taking too much can cause an anovulatory cycle. Leilani is perfectly correct!!! I wouldn't take it earlier than CD3! I think 3-7 is a nice place to start! :hugs:

Hey vanillastar. Sorry for your loss :flower: I've taken soy for the first time this month - I stuck with 100mg - and ov'd on cd15, rather than 16-20 (average 18). Like the others have said, start low - def better to start with possibly too little and have no change than to start with too much and mess up your cycle. Again, like they say, a little is best. Good luck!
Abi x

*la la la la la*

Can I just say that I am fed up of waiting for AF...I want to get on with taking 120mg of soy (took 92mg last time) - CD52 and still nothing.

*sighs*

Is there a reason for waiting to see the doctor when your cycles are long? I could not imagine going 4 months without a cycle, I am overdue by 20 so far today and I am climbing the walls! If its something wrong with me hormonally, I want to know so I can correct it I am a complete control freak in case you can not tell...LOL....Am I wrong for wanting to force AF? Is that not something I should do and let Mother Nature do her thing and bring the "gift" in her own time? I am not looking to start TTC until September so I wnat to have 2 cycles to get the soy in and do it's thing.

That's the main reason I had the Mirena removed because my cycles had stopped and I only had it in for about a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->