Any Soy Ladies out there?

*sigh* OPKs don't work for me... at all. My doctor says that my urine is "different" and "doesn't fall into the norm."
Would saliva ferning work for you?

I've tried that. I show a clear ferning pattern about 80% of the time. From what I've read, it might be because I consume too much sodium. But, that doesn't really help with me still not knowing.

Dang lady, I don't know what to tell you. This is extremely frustrating. I swear, sometimes I think our bodies do this just to f%$*ck with us! Try as best you can to relax today. Tune in to your ovaries and see if you can feel anything today or tomorrow. I bet you will. Do you usually do soy CD3-7? Is this the first cycle you've done soy 5-9? I can't remember. Maybe Ov is coming a bit later. I really can't believe it would be 3 days after your last dose, I really can't.

I did CD5-9 last time, and still O'd on CD16! 3 days after the last dose is almost impossible! I would say 1dpo at most. Maybe -1dpo! LOL How badly will it screw up my progesterone test if I'm off by 2 days? Or maybe split the difference? I could go a week from today... that would make me either 6dpo or 8dpo. Is that a HUGE issue? Seems like it should still be pretty accurate, yeah? Definitely tuning in to the ol' ovaries today!

Quaver, saliva ferning has never been reliable for me. Has it worked for you?
I never tried, but was considering it if CBFM doesn't work.

My ewcm is usually very reliable. Much better than temping, but I always think I got ewcm before the real thing. When I get the real ewcm, it is just unmistakable, it stretches miles, and impossible to ignore. And my AF comes bang on 14/15 days later.

It has been reliable since the beginning, but with ttc, I became obsessed, and mistake something else as ewcm (only stretches 2cm)#-o

I did CD5-9 last time, and still O'd on CD16! 3 days after the last dose is almost impossible! I would say 1dpo at most. Maybe -1dpo! LOL How badly will it screw up my progesterone test if I'm off by 2 days? Or maybe split the difference? I could go a week from today... that would make me either 6dpo or 8dpo. Is that a HUGE issue? Seems like it should still be pretty accurate, yeah? Definitely tuning in to the ol' ovaries today!

Hmmm...now you've got me. I don't know much about the actual day you go to test. I'm guessing the reason they want you at 7dpo is just to fully make sure you Ov'd. Maybe it could be 6 or 8dpo and not really matter. Worth a bit of research and a call to the doc for sure. I think you are right, it should still be pretty accurate. They just want to make sure that your progesterone levels aren't super low right? I think it should be ok.

I'm envious too, Quaver! Dang!

Yeah, they want to make sure its not super low... and I'm pretty sure that it is!

Well at least there's a fix for low progesterone. I hope you get some answers soon.

Ok, I have to go get some work done. Wish I could stay here all day!!! See you all in a bit.

xoxo

I'm guessing the reason they want to test you at 7 DPO is because progesterone levels peak at 7 DPO. When I went for my blood tests, the doctor explained it all to me and that's why they normally test on CD2/3 (to check it's normal-low at the beginning) and then again at CD21 - based on an 'average' woman ov'ing at CD14. So 1 day either side shouldn't really make much difference imo...your progesterone levels should still be high if they're normal.

My progesterone levels were low at CD2, CD21 and CD30 which my doctor interpretted as me not ovulating, but I'm more inclined to think that it just means I haven't ovulated yet and seeing as AF hasn't arrived yet there's still time :)

CD41 here, have ordered my therometer to start charting from the next cycle & have not had time to pop into town yet to get this soy stuff so il get it tomorrow

WHEN AF decides to turn up i am then all ready & raring to go. I am really hoping charting will give me the answers & be a clear indication as to when i ovulated or i have no hope in trying to pinpoint what is happening in my cycle

hey ladies..have any of u ever been tested for insuline resistance? i went to the sp. and thats the only thing she could think of for me not having a period every month is because im not ovulating on my own and it could be because of that. if i am then i have to take the stuff diabetics take daily just to O on my own and have periods....
thats where im debating on doing that or just doing the soy every month or even angus cactus to c what it does....

what would u ladies think i should do? i havnt had the test done yet so im not for sure what it is but it seem like that would b it with all my symptoms and stuff...also high chelostrol in 05'

hello everyone, still nothing :(

well... i say nothing... this is a bit strange, but i've had a little bit of milky white discharge from my nipples... this doesn't normally happen. lol. no idea what it means.

Good... So 6-8dpo probably won't be an issue on progesterone! YAY!

Shanna - I've been tested. I don't have insulin resistance. Its one of the symptoms of PCOS sometimes.

Butterfly - Oh.. uhm... I don't know!

Yay Megg, you are back in the running!

Chelsea, you will definitely start to see an ovulation pattern (or lack of one) if you chart your temps. I think it is a very good idea for you to do.

Sma, I don't know anything about that test. I hope you find your answers though!

Butterfly, have you been tested for prolactin levels? Discharge like that could mean your prolactin is too high. Elevated prolactin can halt a period. If I were you, I would call the doctor and get tested. It is very curious. Have you ever had this happen before?

i don't think so... can't say i've ever noticed! lol.

i think i'll wait and see what happens over the next couple of days and then call my doctor... he wasn't very helpful last time i spoke to him about my cycles and i can't really be doing with the disappointment of talking to him again just yet!

I'm very unhappy right now... I need to know what's going on this month more than ever before!

:hugs: I wish I could help hun, but I'm fairly new to all this charting and ttc lark myself, as for your opk's....I can't see anything chick.

well... i say nothing... this is a bit strange, but i've had a little bit of milky white discharge from my nipples... this doesn't normally happen. lol. no idea what it means.

I had this many eons ago....when ttc my DS, I had some blood tests and was showing high prolactin levels I remember my gp saying I possibly needed a scan to rule out a pituitary tumor, before the appointment came through I found I was preggie, this was before I was diagnosed with pcos

go see you gp and mention it hun, it can affect your fertility x

Sparkly, nice looking chart so far. Are you thinking you Ov'd on day 18? It's a nice temp rise.

I'm knowing I did ov on cd18, I swear I felt the bugger pop out :haha:

I'm sure you did feel it pop! I usually do! LOL It fecking hurts!

I'm very unhappy right now... I need to know what's going on this month more than ever before!

:hugs: I wish I could help hun, but I'm fairly new to all this charting and ttc lark myself, as for your opk's....I can't see anything chick.

I know... my OPKs suck! I did another about 30 min ago and it has a much clearer (but still only barely there) line. I'm guessing this is as close to + as I'm going to get!

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/4666626595_30aebe9267.jpg

How sad is it that screen tilting and squinting is required for an OPK?! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"