Any ttc #2's?

I didn't use a sling with Vanessa, but think I want to use one with the next.. Vanessa had her pacifier until she was a little over two. And at first I would only give it to her at bed time and then my sister in law found out she was prego so I convinced her we needed to give them to her new baby cousin.. So we put them all in a box and I let her walk out to the mailbox and put them in (although I didn't really send them anywhere) Then later in the night she asked for it and I said we sent them to your baby cousin remember?? Oh man didn't the :cry: start. :rofl: but there was no going back.. :haha: She does have a little security blanket that she still carrys at times, but I purposely got her hooked on that so I could take away everything else.. And if she wants to carry that blanket til she's 18 who cares. :haha: :rofl: DH was a thumb sucker til he was like 10yrs old so thats the whole reason I allowed the pacifier as long as I did.. DD hasn't sucked her thumb since she was on the inside.. I think with the next baby I will be more "strict" with a bed time/ nap time routine.. Vanessa is crazy she stays up til 10or 11 and until recently fell asleep in my bed.. But I've moved her to her bed, but she is still up late and has to watch tv to fall asleep, so I'm trying to break that habit. I don't want her to be dependent on a tv or noise to fall asleep.. I just loved holding and snuggling her so much when she was a tiny baby I held her forever.. but I'm hoping I don't spoil the next.. But they're only so little for so long,, I just can't get enough of it!! :dohh:

I love Florida.. there's no "winter" months.. Right now is our "inside" season which until the last couple weeks haven't been too bad. I have loads of scrapbooking stuff I just haven't motivated myself to do it.. We are from Maine originally so I know all about snow and winter. :rofl: We went north for a visit and had a crazy snow storm while we were there, Vanessa was sooooo happy!! Until she went out in it and realized it was cold.. Then she said she didn't like it and wanted to go back to Florida. :rofl:

What's your thinking about school? Are u sending Hannah to school or are you going to homeschool? or private school? We're leaning toward homeschool, unless we can afford private school at $1000/month by the time she's in school.. I'm not ok with metal detectors at the school entrances.. :shrug:

And as I say she's a good napper she refuses today :haha: Did my workout and had to go threaten her at 3 :roll: No idea if she's going to sleep now or not but she's staying in that bed a bit longer :haha:

Hannah gets her soother only at bedtime which is why I haven't taken it yet :roll: She is so freaking attached to the thing. Of course I would MUCH rather that than a thumbsucker, because I can't get rid of a thumb :rofl:

Hannah doesn't seem to mind the cold :roll: It's me who does!

School wise we're looking into French Immersion here, it's actually done through the public school system, but we have to make sure to get her registered in time. No way can we swing a private school tuition and I honestly don't have much desire to homeschool her :blush: :rofl:

I am thankful for the soother tbh. I think it will be a saving grace when baby #2 comes.

For baby #2, I will approach BF differently. I went 10 months with DS but it was the worst ten months of BF I could imagine. I vow not to repeat that experience. If BF number 2 is as bad as DS, I won't wait until 10 months to switch. After exhausting all venues, I will switch to formula earlier. No doubt in my mind.

Hannah's over three which is my issue with the soother :blush: I vowed we'd be rid of it before now but I like the fact that she sleeps to much to do it :blush: :rofl:

:hugs: I didn't BF Hannah and not sure what I'll do with my next (I really don't have any regrets FF). Hopefully it will go better with #2 but hey if it doesn't you can switch over to FF and be happy with your choice which to me is what really matters

Im still undecided about the school thing, I kind of feel bad, because we literally don't know anybody down here. So she rarely gets interaction with kids. That's part of the reason I want more babies. ASAP. She loves when we're able to visit family up north cause there are like 10 little cousins within a year of her age either way so she has sooo much fun.. And here,, well she's stuck with me. :haha: I can only entertain her so much.. So I might look into finding a playgroup or something..

As far as the dishes thing.. We have a dishwasher so there's no need to rinse, but she loves taking dishes out when it's time to put them away.. She also likes to fill the dogs food and water dishes. She will also bring the laundry hampers to the laundry room and put the laundry in the washer and she likes to take it from the washer to the dryer too.. I'm taking advantage of all this willingness to help while it lasts.. :rofl:

No kidding eh? :rofl:

Hannah used to empty the dishwasher with me but now she doesn't really care about it. I only run the dishwasher once a day and handwash all the morning and lunch dishes :lol:

Look into play groups! We're kind of in the same boat here. My family is all in Texas and hubby's family is.............well let's not get into that :lol: I'll just say they are less than involved in Hannah's life. Anyways when Hannah was 16 months or so I started signing her up for classes at our local community center which have been a LIFESAVER for us. Really I don't know how I lasted that long without them! I'll be joining classes way earlier next time! They have all kinds of classes too......music, sign language, art class, swimming and once they get past three even more classes! I've signed Hannah up for a couple of independent of parent programs for the fall :argh: Wish us luck!

Before we started the classes Hannah was extremely shy (and we had no kids around us at all or really other people). It's helped her SO much in that area I've found. Plus it gets me around actual adults! :haha: And I've made some friends from classes that I keep in touch with every day (email) and we get together once a week or so :thumbup:

I've also been lucky enough to make a few friends off of here who I meet up with regularly. My support base is so much better than what it used to be, it is SO hard when you don't have anyone else around :hugs:

The friend we have moving down is coming with a girlfriend who we haven't met so I don't know if I can tolerate her. :rofl: but he said they wanted kids. So as long as she doesn't get pregnant before me and I can tolerate her.. It'll all be good.. :rofl: :rofl:

I've been thinking that none of our family knows we're trying and honestly I could just show up with a baby and they would be like WTF??! :rofl: :rofl: I think they'd be super mad at me tho.. Although DD would probably rat us on while talking to grammie on the phone.. :haha: I do think that I will just plan a trip home when I got a belly and be like HEYYY!! on the other hand I'm sure they'll want more time to prepare to come visit when it's time for delivery.. It's hard letting everybody know at the same time and live 1800 miles away.. I was thinking about sending an album of Vanessa to the "important" people with a pic of a BFP in the back of the album.. or a picture of Vanessa holding a sign that says "Mommy's pregnant" Hmm or maybe have flowers delivered saying from grandbaby #2.. I don't know how I'll do it.. The ones I'd like to know at the same time (all of whom live in different places) Mom, Dad, sister in law, grandparents, Mother in law.. Hmmm any ideas ladies and when do you think I should share the news with them?

I think I'll be more cautions next time around and wait until closer to the end of first tri to announce.

I want to get Hannah a "Big Sister" shirt and put her in it and email it out :haha: That will work for everyone but my mom who I'll call beforehand with the news :lol:

Geez you lot are chatterboxes! :haha:

Ill catch up with what ill remember lol!
Soothers, dummies we stopped Alexs when he was 7 months. He started waking everytime it fell out and hes been a great sleeper ever since!
Ill probably do the same with #2 use it for comfort then wean it down to just sleeping and go with the flow.
Ill most definatley be using carriers again! I got into using a Moby a bit too late with Alex and tried various mei tai's since. Were still carrying him half the time with an Ergo now.
I have a newborn insert for the Ergo and held onto the Mody so hopefully thay will so us :D

i definatly want to BF again and hopefully do it for longer. Im using experience and will be getting all i need to try it.

:lol: Me talk nooooooooooooooo :rofl:

still no sign of AF so I guess I'll test in the morning :lol: tempted to do it now but the 18 cups of water I've had today would probably influence the results :lol:

I expect AF by Saturday if she's going to show (would be a 28 day cycle)

Vanessa just came over and saw the pictures of Hannah, and says mommy can we have a girl like that? :)

hey I'm open for moving to Florida :lol:

or heck catch me on a cranky day and I might ship her free of charge :winkwink:

I just gotta convince hubby! :lol: Oh and he needs a job :rofl:

it'd be so nice to live somewhere with warmer weather though. I grew up in Texas and though the area I grew up in did get snow and ice and cold it wasn't for nearly as many months as it is up here!

Well maybe plan a Disney trip and come when Toronto is it's coldest,, because even though it'll only be 70* here, it's much better then your 30* or less.. :rofl:

What does your Oh do for work?

I would LOVE to go to Disney but every trip we make is down to Texas to visit my mom right now. It's so expensive to fly there (small town) that it pretty much wipes us for the year :wacko: (we looked into it, Disney is cheaper!!! which is crazy to me :dohh:)

The company he works for is actually based out of San Francisco :rofl:

They have a small office in TO but he's the only technical support agent there so he mainly works from home :blush: :rofl:

I say have your mom meet you at Disney!!!!!!!!! :happydance: Well that's cool he can work from home.. or is it? :rofl:
My dh has been home for almost 2 months while he's working on a move and expansion plan for his business and its driving me crazy!! :rofl: :rofl: Some days I kick him out!! :haha:

:lol: She hates driving long distances and won't fly. She is in her mid-70s though.......

Most of the time I don't mind it :lol: He cooks me breakfast in the morning and if I'm ever really stressed/having a bad day he'll take over for a bit with Hannah so I can get a bit of a break. Also he gets off at 4:30 and since he doesn't have the commute once he's off he's off which is great! (It's an hour and a half-two hour commute each way to the office!)

The downside is trying to keep Hannah quiet while he's on the phone :wacko: this is going to be interesting in the winter when I can't just take her outside while he's on the phone!

Ok. I'm out of ideas about the Disney visit for now.. :haha: I def know what you mean about keeping the little one quiet when dh is on phone.. It's like impossible! :rofl: It seems like thats meltdown time or sing or scream time.. :rofl: DH has an office at home so he shuts his door, and it's my job to keep her from knocking on it. :haha: Dh isn't so helpful when it comes to dd. or anything else come to think of it. :rofl: :rofl:

Your mum sounds awkward Vickie :lol:
Mine doesnt talk to me most of the year then books a visit and expects us to jump and go see her :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->