• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

anybody doing slimming world?

Hello Fairy cake!! I have about the same to lose! Welcome to the thread.
I gave up smoking when I found out I was pregnant and its gonna be 2 yrs in August. I believe if I can give up smoking I can get down to a weight that I really want to be!!

The directories are £7.50 at my group hun. are you sure it says £15??? x

Hey Laura, aww your babies are gorgeous!! :)

Two years in August? Ohh i hope I can go that long! Well done! Yeah i know what you mean, I always thought I'd lose weight before I ever gave up smoking.. but now i don't stop eating to compensate for not smoking! :shrug:

I looked on Amazon and they were £15, I hope they are £7.50 in class.. that would be much better LOL!

So how long have you been doing SW? How you finding it?? Oh btw, I'm Laura too! :D x

they are definitely £7.50 in group! everything is cheaper if you attend group, even the magazines

Hey Moo, that's great thank you! :)

Would anyone mind sharing their experiences with SW with me please??

Hey fairycake hun welcome to the thread xxx

Don't buy any of the stuff from Amazon or ebay theyre rip offs - much cheaper in class and they have some great cookbooks in class too. My favourite at the mo is 'meals for a fiver' (think thats what its called) has some lovely recipes in it really lush. There's a new magazine coming out this week too and thats cheaper in class than in the shops - I love reading the magazines for inspirational stories and recipes n that.

You'll find slimming world has changed a bit its not only red and green they have a new plan extra easy its called where it kinda combines the red and green in a way (or you could do red or green if you prefer)

Also maybe go see your doctor about it - they sometimes will do a referral to slimming classes and the NHS pays the first 12weeks for you which will save a bit

Also maybe go see your doctor about it - they sometimes will do a referral to slimming classes and the NHS pays the first 12weeks for you which will save a bit

Now that is interesting, gives you a chance to see if that diet is the one for you or not!

Would this mean I will have to wait for the funding before I can join though? I have never heard of this, is this a new thing? Whenever I went to the doc about my weight he would send me packing with some pills that made me spent most of my day on the loo.. not good!!! :nope: Sorry for the TMI hehe!

Now that is interesting, gives you a chance to see if that diet is the one for you or not!

Would this mean I will have to wait for the funding before I can join though? I have never heard of this, is this a new thing? Whenever I went to the doc about my weight he would send me packing with some pills that made me spent most of my day on the loo.. not good!!! :nope: Sorry for the TMI hehe!

lol at the tmi

No it only took about a week for me the doc sent it off and the letter goes to slimming world or whichever class you want (they do for weightwatchers n all the others too) and you get a booklet of vouchers to hand in each week.

If you're interested in it just go the docs say youve heard about the patient referral scheme for slimming classes and you're very interested in it, could do with the help losing weight and would rather do it without pills - if doc is any good they'll prefer that you do that rather than medication

Wow, thanks so much for that :D I will deffo go to the doc and ask about it. Feeling quite motivated.. a step in the right direction!!!

Hey Laura, aww your babies are gorgeous!! :)

Two years in August? Ohh i hope I can go that long! Well done! Yeah i know what you mean, I always thought I'd lose weight before I ever gave up smoking.. but now i don't stop eating to compensate for not smoking! :shrug:

I looked on Amazon and they were £15, I hope they are £7.50 in class.. that would be much better LOL!

So how long have you been doing SW? How you finding it?? Oh btw, I'm Laura too! :D x

Yep! nearly 2 years. at first it was very hard, I liked to have a fag after my dinner and when I was on the phone (which happened a lot lol) and then slowly I just got out of the habit. I never ever thought I could do it but I did and I feel so much better, Financially more than anything else. I went to the shop yesterday cos me and mum went shopping and she said pop in there and get me some fags and they were £5.30 a pack... I nearly fainted! My last pack of fags I bought were £4.09! lol. Anyway you can do it.. you will feel so much better!

As for slimming world, I have done the no smoking and now time for my next big acheivement. To be 8st lol! I am short so 8 is about right!!

Loving your pic under your name! Cute!! My girls have that bath seat but the twin one. It is a rip off and they soon learnt to kick their leg over and escape naughty girls!! Now I use just the mat!!

How are we all ladies.. Anyone heard from Mumof4?? Hoping baby is still in tum.unless its time!

I have weigh in tomorrow night and I only need half a lb for my stone award, Which will be a miracle because I have had 3 bars of galaxy bubbles (the new one) this week.. All on different days but I dont think it makes a difference haha!

xxx

Hey Moo, that's great thank you! :)

Would anyone mind sharing their experiences with SW with me please??

I buy my countdown at slimming world. £50 and its for 12 weeks. you get 2 weeks free. Its also an insentive to stay at slimming world and its not cheap but it does the job because I cant diet on my own.
I would definitely say pick up a magazine because we have cooked some gorgeous meals from it. We have had sausage with mash and onion, beef stroganoff, soups, and lots more. I havent got the food directory because so far I have managed without but I had it the last time I was at slimming world but it changes every year so I thought not bother!

I love the extra easy plan. you can eat your meat and your potatoes or pasta with a meat sauce together and it fills you up that sometimes I have my syns left and wonder what I can do with them.

xx

I was the same Laura.. always had a fag after dinner, tea, supper.. any food really LOL! And when I was on the phone. My friends always used to say 'You're smoking again!!' cos they could hear me inhaling :laugh2:

This will (hopefully) be my next achievement, like you. I had 3 new years resolutions.. stop smoking, stop nail biting & lose weight/get fit. I have done the first two so now for the big one :huh:

I did hear about the extra easy plan but idk anything about it, it was just green&red when i was a member years ago. Might get confused with another option although it does sound fab being able to have potatoes with meat and not have to class it as a healthy extra? :wacko:

Good luck for your weigh in! Don't get me started on those Galaxy Bubbles.. i can't get enough of them! I always pick one up when I go to spar.. along with a few creme eggs and some sweets :nope: It's going to be tough!!! x

hiya can i join you guys. Ive been doing slimming world for 5 days am not very good at it yet though :blush: i have a lot of weight to lose and need some motivation....quick lol

Hiya to Fairycake and Lou :flower:

Went last night and STS :shrug::nope:

Bit disappointed but hey - bound to be one due wasn't there.

Password is MELON sorry to anyone who tried the wrong one last week after our leader lied about it :blush:

I'm not feeling it today - LO has been awake all night - cutting his 1st tooth :cry: so I'm helping his pain through the medium of chocolate for mummy :haha:

Made carrotty butternut squash soup last night so had two bowls of that today as its too minging to go out anywhere with LO.

Going to make some 'delicious' scan bran recipes later. How are we all today?
Any good news from anyone?

ETA - Lou, just read your other thread last post hun - what questions do you have? Any we may be able to help with? Also I know you must be super busy but the easiest way is to plan your meals for the week ahead so you don't buy crap stuff and accidentally eat it (like me with this twirl)
:hugs:

aww thanks :)

im just confused on extra easy how can i eat red and green on the same day and lose? and do i need to have exactly a third of each and finish everything :blush: and whats sts

not done bad today my dinner tonight is tuna steak, homemade salsa salad and new potatoes its yum xx

Hello Ladies, Fairycake, Mine is nail biting too although nearly 4 months in and still no such luck haha!!!

I lost 2lbs tonight. taking me to a total of 15.5 lbs and I am super super happy!!!!

x

:cloud9: :happydance::cloud9: :happydance: :cloud9:

Yaaaaay Laura - well done chick you're doing fabulously!

Lou - STS is stayed the same as in no weight loss :cry: BUT no gain either :thumbup:

Extra easy does seem nuts at first - esp if you've done the diet before. It seems to go against everything they used to teach us doesn't it?
Don't worry too much about the 1/3rd thing - its just an aim that 1/3 of the food in a meal should be superfree eg. your veg. I don't measure or anything - just pile the veg on and eat loadsa fruit and it seems to work.

I made a flourless chocolate cake last night and thought I was the dogs boll*cks and that I'd be on here posting the recipe. :blush: then I tried it. OMG the foulest thing known to man. Even my human dustbin of a OH couldn't eat it. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Get well soon Mrs Q - saw elsewhere you're feeling rotten :hugs:
Hi and :hugs: to everyone else - any news from our lovely mumof42be?

Well.. I am on top of the world today because I am finally moving out my mums. which I thought would never happen. I have to wait as the place I am moving into needs a lot of work done but I am super excited..
This week just keeps getting better and better... I havent looked at the new mag yet but I am hoping it has some nice recipes in it xx

How'd everyone doing - Well done on losses xxx

congrats Laura on new home - you won't know yourself with your own place

Lost 3pound this week which is the 3 I put on last week so I'm back on track now yippee:yipee:

hey girls how are we all? i STS but i couldnt really stick to it as havent been well and also am feelnig like i may come on my period :(

Anyone got any recipes for carrot soup? I have tonnes but not much else veg left until i get paid?
got few spices.
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back