• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

anybody doing slimming world?

I am fearing a gain this week!! On Wednesday work hadnt been shopping (they supply food) so there was only cheese so had to have a cheese sandwich, which I used as my a choice and I went over some! lol. Then me and OH went out to do some birthday shopping as we have about a hundred coming up, Hate march lol. had a salad with avocado but avocado is well high in syns!!! then I had a chinese last night but I stuck to my syns had a chicken chow mein and then I am out today for my FIL's 50th! God! I know its gnna be a gain lol

How are we all??? x

Hi girls can I join in here? Been doing SW for about 14weeks lost a stone and 1 and half pound so far which is pitiful but it took me a while to get used to the plan so hopefully better losses from now...feeling good though as I lost 3pound this week and got my stone award which I've been waiting weeks for. Also I tried on a new pair jeans today that I bought a couple months ago and wouldn't go over my thunderthighs 3weeks ago when last tried them. Put them on today and they FIT!!! Bit tight but still they're on me and not cut the circulation off yet lol

Just read the whole thread and have a few questions/comments if you don't mind

Pip how many healthy extras do you use a day? I've been having 2 of each cos I'm breastfeeding same as you. Is 2 enough or too much?

Someone mentioned diet coke - all diet pop/lemonade is completely free and you can have as much as you want of it. I've been having sometimes 2ltrs a day (BF makes me REALLY thirsty lol)

If you're eating out watch out for Wetherspoons - my SW leader told us their steak and baked potato comes in at about 30syns-ish - they deep-fry their 'baked' potatoes. This is shocking - could be having a mint week and get that thinking its being virtuous and that would wreck your week totally!!

I love the hi-fi bars too especially the mint one yummmmmy definitely addictive!!

Also if you have a sweet tooth the Hartleys sugar-free individual jellies are only half a syn each and totally lush (bit expensive though at 59pence each) and even nicer when mixed with a mullerlight yogurt and some berries - bit like a trifle

They have a new SW book out its Family Feasts for a Fiver - got it on Thursday and the recipes look lush. I've done one it's a BLT salad and I had it with my wholemeal bread for a B choice at lunchtime and it (almost!!) filled me for the day. If anyone wants the recipe I'll post it here

:kiss:Hi everyone :flower: and welcome Donna :thumbup:

Well just been and it's 1lb off :happydance: :happydance:

I know I'm stupid but am actually bit disappointed - have done a house clearance this weekend and LOADS of exercise , maybe it'll show next week eh :shrug:
Up to just over a stone in 4 weeks though so I should really stop moaning :blush:

Has everyone had a good weekend?

I made the chocolate (scanbran) brownies again and they were actually nice :wacko: had them with mint choc skinny cow ice cream mmmm.

Just going to have pork steaks with corn on the cob and a jacket spud:amartass: which will make up for the two hi fi bars I just sat and scoffed through class - oops

Donna I get 4!!!!! additional healthy extras until he is 6 months - stays like that now til I wean him then drops to 1 extra a day if I keep on feeding as well. They like you to go more for dairy than hi fi bars but hey :blush:
That recipe sounds great if you will post please.

Nessa Jane - where are you sweetpea? Did you do a weigh in?

Password for this week is GAMMON

Any news from mumof4? Hope you're feeling better chick?

Hope everyone ok - I'm going to be so good this week - anyone else up for a super super nerdy good week with me????

:hugs:

Hi ladies who are joining I am new to this too, on my second week of slimming world.
Donna post your recipe please and if anyone wants to share any nice recipes that would be great :thumbup:
I did the chilli con carne off the website and it was lush and really enjoyef the rogan josh going to try chicken kievs this week.
Weigh tomorrow went over my syns a little week :blush: but fingers crossed.

BLT Salad

serves 4

syns per serving
half a syn extra easy
half a syn red
9 syns green

Ingredients

2 packs 250gr back bacon, trimmed of all visible fat
1 large romaine lettuce, shredded
4 large tomatoes, sliced
half a cucumber, thinly sliced
2 medium carrots, peeled and grated

for the dressing

100gr/3.5oz fat free natural yogurt
2 level tbsp extra light mayonnaise
1 level tsp english mustard
1 tbsp cider vinegar
salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Preheat the grill to its highest setting. Grill the bacon for 15minutes, turning halfway through.

2. Make the dressing by whisking together the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar and 3 tablespoons of water and season to taste.

3. Place the lettuce in a large bowl or divide between plates and scatter over the tomatoes, cucumber and grated carrot. Arrange the cooked bacon rashers on the top, drizzle over the mustard dressing and serve immediately.

Pork Meatballs with Roasted Vegetable Sauce

1/2 syn extra easy

Serves 4

Ingredients
-----------

1 courgette (cut into bite sized pieces)
1 red pepper (deseeded and cut into bite sized pieces)
2 medium onions (peeled and chopped)
2 garlic cloves (peeled and halved)
Low calorie cooking spray
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
460gr pack extra lean pork mince
2tsp dried thyme
400gr can chopped tomatoes
57gr/2oz tomato puree
1tsp artificial sweetener
340gr/12oz broccoli (cur into florets) to serve

Method
-------

1. Preheat the oven to 200 C/Gas mark 6. Place the chopped courgette,pepper and onions into a roasting tray with the garlic cloves. Spray the vegetables all over with low calorie cooking spray and season. Roast for 30minutes, turning occasionally.

2. Meanwhile, mix the pork mince with the dried thyme and season to taste. Shape into 24 meatballs and place to chill in the fridge while the vegetables roast.

3. Place the roasted vegetables in a liquidiser with the canned tomatoes, tomato puree, sweetener and 142ml/5fl oz of water. Blitz until smooth and check the seasoning.

4. Pour the sauce back into the roasting tray and drop in the meatballs - there's no need to stir them in at this point. Place back in the oven and cook for 20minutes.

Meanwhile, cook the broccoli in lightly salted boiling water for 5-6minutes, then drain. Stir the pork meatballs into the sauce and serve with the cooked broccoli.

I made this one last night it's lush too:thumbup:

Thanks for the welcome girls.

4 extras damn lol I been missing out on extra hifi bars (well I have been having extra ones sometimes 2 or 3 even at a go they really are addictive) Better stick with just the 1 extra of each tho now cos we started weaning this week which is fun lol

Well done Pip a pound is good even tho you're disappointed at least its a loss not a gain or maintain. It's one less pack of butter you're carrying round if you look at it like that lol

RJ good luck with your weigh in I bet you did really good

Hello Ladies, Sorry I havent been on my computer hasnt been working at home and we had a busy weekend, it was my FIL's 50th birthday and we went out to wetherspoons lol (made me laugh as I see the post above), Also I havent been well and Chloe has been getting over hand, foot and mouth and Jaycee had pneumonia! its been all go. I havent been that good this week so I am doubtful of a loss but hopefully even if I stay the same I hope I havent put on!!

Donna, Welcome, I go to wetherspoons a lot, at least twice a month! I meet my friends there and we get together with the kids!
I always have the steak because the steak is free and I have chips and I still lose weight if I am good all other days in the week! But I have never ever heard of them doing that with a Jacket potato! Surely not lol! Its deffo made me look differently at it! lol.

I have weigh in tonight and like I said not really thinking of a weight loss this week but I am still motivated and this is not going to make me give up! I am expecting it so I think I am in the right frame of mind!!

I will update you with my gain!! lol x

Just a little half a pound off for me this week :shrug:

Laura you have the right attitude - you know you had a busy week but you don't let it put you off track. Good luck with the weigh in xx

RJ well done on your loss xx

Well done pip and RJ :happydance:

2lb loss for me this week :yipee: im finally back on track!!! 7lb gone since i joined :smug: another 7lb before my holidays and ill be happy!!!

Hope youre all well :flower: xx

OOh I forgot to post on monday.. Lost 1.5lb this week. Happy with that considering I had a heavy weekend for my sisters birthday. Totally going to put everything into it now though! :D

Yesterday I made chocolate souffle from the dessert recipe book that came with the christmas magazine... wasnt that amazing... was more like chocolate jelly tbh but was ok! I just crave sweet stuff so it kinda did the trick... and only 2.5 syns per souffle... although I had 2!!! :D Hows everybodys week going so far?

Morning all!!

Another 1lb off for me :).. After the week I had I was amazed but I am definitely going to get back onto it and be good all week! I was extremely bad but I had two takeaways and went out to eat! I get on the Wii a lot when the twins are sleeping so I suppose that helps!

11lb in total for me.. Bring it on!! How are we all?? xx

Well done eveyone on your losses.

Got weighed tonight and I've lost another 2lb so I'm chuffed. Doing half hour of Davina Mc Call exercise dvds every day so that's whats doing it - I've only been exercising for 3weeks and have lost 7.5lb in the 3weeks. Total weight loss so far 1stone 3.5pounds but have a long long way to go - I kinda would like to lose half my bodyweight as I'm really heavy. Started at 20stone 3.5pounds and I'm 19stone exactly today which it feels good going over to the next number iykwim.

How's everyone doing?

Well Done Donna!!

I havent been very well this week. Hope this weather gets lost soon. So sick of being cold and ill!!

How is everyone??? x

Hiya can i join your group? I am going to start doing it roughly from home as there are no places near me that do it? just need to get the ingredients in.

I have a website with some nice recipes too if you want to have a look?

https://swrecipestodiefor.blogspot.com/

Your more than welcome MrsQ.. Anything you need to ask we are here.

How is everyone getting on?? Bit quiet on here lately x

can someone explain the whole healthy extras and age thing to me i dont get it lol.
she explained it roughly and said she would give me the leaflet but i cant remember.

Baby is 10 weeks now.
xxx

Hope you're feeling better soon Laura xx

Hi MrsQ I'm not sure about the age thing with the healthy extras - I'll read it up and tell you then. I do know you get additional healthy extras when you're breastfeeding...

OK this is what it says in my leaflet:

You can enjoy additional healthy extras on top of your usual 2a and 2b choices. We recommend that one or preferably 2 of these additional choices are made from the milk and cheese section.

Baby age

Up to 2 months 3
2-3 months 4
4-6 months (if starting to wean) 3
4-6 months (if not yet weaning) 4
over 6 months (when weaning) 1

Hope this clears it up for you MrsQ

This is the first time I read this and could kick myself lol I only added an extra 1 maybe 2 sometimes and have missed out on all those extra hi-fi bars oops I mean milks and cheeses lol. JJ is 7months now so I only get 1 extra of each now. Ah well:dohh: I also have been putting down bacon as a b choice instead of a free food so missed out there too lol. I'm going to read the books all of them properly as soon as I have time see what else I've been missing out on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->