• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

anybody doing slimming world?

I dont think slimming world is for me ladies.

In 2 weeks I've lost 2 lbs:shrug: I've been so good and cheated once, with one small easter egg.

I had no more than ten syns a day...All I did was mostly green days, maybe thats the problem. Trouble is, Im not a great meat eater.

As I was stuffing my face on chips and pasta and all sorts I did think this is to good to be true. I need better results than 1lb a week :(

Hope you ladies all do well, think Ill just have to eat smaller portions of healthy food!

Thanks for all the support I had xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

stick at it hun!, my mum used to be a consultant so has told me a couple of tricks, red days make you loose weight faster so the last 2 days before weigh in have red days, also for your A and B choices have 14 different ones a week so try and vary your choices and have a different one each day
x

I'm still waiting for my books to arrive I am desperate to start! That quiche looks lovely. It the cottage cheese ok in it? I'm not a fan of it!

Love Love Love Slimming world!

Joined in Jan 09 (3months after Jack was born) Well i say joined, I actually dont attend a class as there are none in my area, i just buy the magazines and receipe book.

I try and follow the 7-day plans but can mix and match with other recipies from the books/mags.

I weigh 8 stone 7oz now (put on 4 stone while preg, but was actually a stone heavier when i fell pregnant, 9.7, then i am now) So basically thanks so Slimming world, long walks, cycles and a few trips to the gym now and again I lost 5 stone since Jan 09! (some baby weight of course) But wouldnt change it now. Love the fresh, yummy recipies and its encouraged me to cook more homemade foods esp for Jacks sake.

Good luck everyone with ur slimming journey!:flower:

I'm still waiting for my books to arrive I am desperate to start! That quiche looks lovely. It the cottage cheese ok in it? I'm not a fan of it!

nope tastes just like a quiche!
xxx

Cool I will give it a go :)
my starter pack thingy arrived today. Extra easy sounds too good to be true. Does it really work!?

Well I will see how I go on it! I'm off to asda in the morning to stock up on fruit n veg :)

Evening ladies :flower:

Yaay Katy - the books finally came! I know EE seems far too good to be true doesn't it but I'm doing ok on it - much easier than trying to remember whats what when you flick between red and green.
Remember to get 9 million mullerlight yoghurts too when you shop :haha:

Well done Kim too - fab loss :thumbup:

I'm just having a breakfast for my tea, quorn sausages, SW burgers, egg, mushroom, bacon, beans and tomato. Oh and toast as my healthy extra!!! How greedy am I and it's all freeeeeeeeee :happydance::cloud9:

just a question. Do you make sure every meal has 1/3 of superfree foods? My leader said even breakfast has to?
xxx

just a question. Do you make sure every meal has 1/3 of superfree foods? My leader said even breakfast has to?
xxx

:blush: :blush: :blush: erm...of course not :haha:

But breakfast has - tomatoes, mushrooms, beans which are SF.
As long as you don't push it for every meal I think it would be ok :shrug:
:hugs:

My consultant has said that along as on balance 1/3 of your food for the whole day is superfree then that's ok.

Well after no movement for 5 weeks I got fed up, ate like a pig and put on 1.5lb last week :cry: that gave me a kick up the bum and I lost 1.5lb this week :thumbup:
So back to where I was but hopefully that's the downward trend kicking in again.

thats good i think sometimes you need to kick start your body again
xx

Ok so im just finishing day 2 of slimming world.
Im struggling to eat enough! I get really hungry but dont know what to eat so have been not having anything incase i eat the wrong thing.
I need to read lots of recipes i think so i know what i can cook.
I did make the slimming world carbonara earlier though and it was pretty good, although i accidentally over cooked it the egg in the sauce was a bit scrambled!!

So my food for today:

Breakfast: Nothing
Lunch: Nothing
Dinner: SW Spaghetti Carbonara - 1 1/2 Syns
Pudding: Strawberries and Vanilla Mullerlight

Im struggling to eat enough! I get really hungry but dont know what to eat so have been not having anything incase i eat the wrong thing.
I did make the slimming world carbonara earlier though and it was pretty good, although i accidentally over cooked it the egg in the sauce was a bit scrambled!!

So my food for today:

You arent eating enough hun.
What about x2 weetabix or some porridge or even 2 alpen light or a mullerlight with fruit?
Remember you have to have 1/3 of yuor food each meal as your superfree foods if you can?

Have a look here this is some recipes i do i have seen them elsewhere and adapted alot of them

https://swrecipestodiefor.blogspot.com/

also what about if us ladies put some of our diaries up to help would that help you?
xxx

So my food for today:

you can eat as much free food as you like, i fill up on fruit, and the mullerlight youhgurts with chocolate bits in are free apart from the cherry (2 syns), try cutting a melon in half, depip it and put the yoghut in the middle, thats quite filling and free,

also if you want something to nibble on through out the day, make some jelly up, let it set, add some fat free natural fromage frais (40p ish from asda) , blend the jelly so its just a mushy mess, then add the fromage frais (as much as you like its free) blend again and allow to set, then you should have a moouse kind of thing, thats 1.5 sins for the whole thing, so if you feeling a bit peckish maybe try that?

just make sure the jelly is sugar free, the robinsons one is what i use :)

So my food for today:

Yikes - not nearly enough chick :nope: you're going to be starving all week then not have a good loss.

If you are doing Extra easy - some free meal ideas are:

Breakfast

2 weetabix with banana and milk from allowance(weetabix as your healthy extra) or
Fruit (any and loads) with mullerlight yoghurt
or
Bacon butty (with 2 slices of WW wholemeal bread as your healthy extra)
or
Boiled egg and toast (with bread as your healthy extra)
or
2 Alpen light bars (healthy extra) crumbled into a mullerlight

Lunch

Chicken salad
or
Tuna jacket potato with salad
or
Beans on toast (bread as healthy extra)
or
Ham salad butty (again bread as Healthy extra)
or
Soup (make a giant pan of butternut squash soup and freeze some)

Dinner

Salmon and veg with new potatoes sprinkled with mint
or
Teriyaki chicken noodle stir fry
or
Pork chops and cous cous with salad
or
Chicken and bacon pasta bake (with passata and any other stuff out cupboard)
or
Quorn sausages with slimming world free chips and beans
or
Lamb kebab with SW wedges

Just a few little ideas - can you tell I'm a meat eater :blush::haha:
Don't try to make things difficult for yourself by concocting recipes every day or you'll get pissed off and head to the chippy. Extra easy IS fab but just takes a bit of planning each week (only my opinion) I work out my teas for the week and do a big shop every monday after class when I'm dead motivated so won't buy crap.

Also make sure you've got secret small synned snacks in - just in case you NEED chocolate etc. I bought the bag of treat sized cadbury stuff and have hid it in the freezer and just have one in an emergency :thumbup:
God rambly post or what :haha:

Hope everyone has a fab day - will post tonight with (please please please) a hopeful loss?!

:hugs:

good luck pip holder! Mines thursday and i am actually excited about it?
x

just made the beef chilli from the 7 days to success booklet you get when you first start and OMG its lush!!!!
xxx

Well I've been - another 2lbs :happydance:

Password is RUNNING

I'm soooo made up:cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member