anybody doing slimming world?

Thanks Dan - yep that rice is free chick :thumbup: just double checked in the book for ya :happydance:

No I don't geddit about the cous cous either - which is why I'm carrying on :munch::munch: as Magpie says - I'd eat WELL more as a savoury thing. I'll be the guinea pig and eat it every day til next monday :happydance: mmm

Magpie - can you post the scan bran and banana recipe please :flower:

:hugs:

Scan bran & nana cake

Half a packet of scan bran (5 slices)
1 banana
1 vanilla muller light
1 whole egg

Soak the scan bran in boiling water for a few minutes to soften so its easy to break up.
Mash up the banana.
Drain water off scan bran and mush up.
Mix banana, scan bran, yoghurt & egg together.
You can add some baking powder if you want but I dont obv just makes it rise a bit more.
Put into a cake tin or a bun tray. (i use bun trays)
Bake until golden brown and firm to touch.

I like these cause they are a bit more moist than the cous cous. You can change the fruit to apple or anything you fancy and the flavour of the yogurt! Experiment. Also add sweetner if you have a sweet tooth but the banana sweetens it quite alot any way.

This is free if you use the scan bran as your health extra!

xxx

Pip, sorry forgot to say WELL DONE on the loss!! I was so shocked over couscous gate that i forgot. lol.

Ur doin well xxx

Magpies, that recipe sounds tasty. Thanks!
Have u asked about this though, as i rem yrs ago when i did it and i used to bake banana and apple my leader said that they will have syn values as cooking fruit alters the way the sugar is... ?

il ask my leader what she thinks about the couscous cake on wed and let u all know. she been doing classes for 18yrs so will trust what she says ;-) hoping she says its ok to eat as i actually quite like it but scared to eat it now intill iv been weighed on wed. lol

xxx

I cant see how a slightly warm banana can be bad for you?

Its just a good way to get bran in aswell as I am not very good at having my healthy extras!!

xx

I cant see how a slightly warm banana can be bad for you?

Its just a good way to get bran in aswell as I am not very good at having my healthy extras!!

xx

I agree with you, but this is copied from the offical SW website...

Q: Why are some fruits Free when raw, but have a Syn value when cooked, juiced or pureed?

A: While fruit in its natural form is bulky, filling and often time-consuming to eat, in cooked or liquidised form it is a very effective way of adding a lot of extra energy (calories) in a non-bulky and non-filling way. Consider eating an orange. Peeling, breaking up the segments and eating just one orange can be a lengthy process. Now think about the juice that orange would produce – it contains a similar number of calories, yet it’s gone in a gulp – in fact it takes 8 oranges to make a small glass of orange juice and it’s not filling in the slightest! It’s all about getting the most (optimum) satisfaction from your foods with Food Optimising. We count juiced and cooked fruit as Syns to protect your weight losses.

I dnt think its including a heated up banana but it means if u make smoothies or bake a lot of fruit i think...:wacko:

xxx

Yeah I can understand if you are eating loads of stewed fruit or something. But one banana split between 12 cakes cant be bad!

xx

Nah i think 1 banana will be fine ;-) im gonna give it a go this wk :)

Roll on wed! wanna c what iv lost cos rly stuck to this, other than the couscous cake.. lol

xxx

Pip, sorry forgot to say WELL DONE on the loss!! I was so shocked over couscous gate that i forgot. lol.

Ur doin well xxx

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::cake:
Loving 'couscousgate' :thumbup: :haha: :haha:

Gonna try the narna cakes next methinks - AQ, really I wouldn't worry chick - you sound like you've followed it great up to now :thumbup:

New recruit here :wave:

First weigh in tonight and lost 2.5lbs, although I had a dominos/frankie & bennies/chippy & a roast dinner this week, so fingers crossed I'll get a large loss this week without the above.

I think it was just not eating any crisps or chocolate that has done it x

well done pip and welcome amy-lea/

Pip you always have fantastic losses well done!!!

Hello everyone old and new.

I'm super sorry I havent been posting but as most of you know the last posts I made was saying that I am now a single mummy and in the middle of a move.. I am moving out on my own for the first time and its been stressful! But I have kept up with SW!!! Now 23.5lbs lost and I got my club 10 4 weeks ago!!! Hehe! Im so chuffed. I am still continuing but I need to move and get into the swing of cooking things myself.

Thanks Pip for your message.. Im back now ladies.. Sorry I left it so long..

How are we all with our losses??? And hello to all the new people...

I am Laura mummy to chloe and jaycee and needing to be a size 8 by august lol

Hi girlies :flower:
Been tonight and another 2lbs off :happydance:

Password is chicken

I'm super pleased but have sad news :cry: apparently the cous cous cake isn't free :growlmad: :nope: - she said that the area manager had looked into it last year and it's called a 'tweak' food?!? :wacko: which means that we aren't using it for the original purpose.
I'm gonna keep eating it as it was obviously ok for me to do so and hasn't affected my loss but just be aware if your losses tail off that it may be this - if it was synned properly it would be about 70 syns :growlmad:

How is everyone? I've got rid of the MIL and am just going to do sausage egg and chips (with a vodka - how classy!) for tea and it's freeeeeeeeeeeeee

:hugs::kiss:

Well done on your 2lb loss!! :happydance:

My first weigh in tomorrow!

New recruit here :wave:

First weigh in tonight and lost 2.5lbs, although I had a dominos/frankie & bennies/chippy & a roast dinner this week, so fingers crossed I'll get a large loss this week without the above.

I think it was just not eating any crisps or chocolate that has done it x

Well done! :happydance:

Did anyone find that they got really bloated the first week?? :blush:

Did anyone find that they got really bloated the first week?? :blush:

+yesterday was my first day and I felt hungry all the time, but my 2nd day I fekt bloated alot.

Do u still get loses without excersise? Or should I be whipping out the excersise dvd? ..:shrug:

I heard that you will lose weight without exercising but if you do regularily exercise you will see it in your weightloss and you can work towards a body magic award.

I've been feeling quite ill this week so havent done anything but i have a cross trainer and will start using that at least 3 times a week!

Hi all.

IM BACK!!!!

Really sorry i havent been on ...been so busy!!

Anyway i gave birth to my boy on 10th april weighing in at a whopping 9lb 14oz!!!!

Hes just a little star!

Anyway i gave birth to him on sat 10th april and i was back at slimming world the follwong thurs im due my 4th weigh in this thursday....but in last 3 week i have lost 15lb!!!!

Hope all you guys are well and hello to all the newibes that have joined in my time away :)

Hi all.

IM BACK!!!!

Really sorry i havent been on ...been so busy!!

Anyway i gave birth to my boy on 10th april weighing in at a whopping 9lb 14oz!!!!

Hes just a little star!

Anyway i gave birth to him on sat 10th april and i was back at slimming world the follwong thurs im due my 4th weigh in this thursday....but in last 3 week i have lost 15lb!!!!

Hope all you guys are well and hello to all the newibes that have joined in my time away :)

congrATS

https://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae268/sue25uk/005.jpg

Just thought id share my lil man...(well not so little haha)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->