anybody doing slimming world?

U are making changes hun and thats the main thing ;-)
I lost 5lb last wk and its clearly come off my... collar bones... of all bloody places! lol. My arse an hips need to lose it, nt my collar bones! haha. Ah well bit by bit eh.

xxx

2.5lb's is good! I've noticed my face seems slimmer already but I think I was retaining water or something because I've been weeing loads :blush:. I.f you are eating less crap and doing more exercise you should be fine

Today was a green day and I ate soo much, but I'm still hungry. I find myself fuller for longer on red days but i eat less. :wacko:

So today I ate:

Two slices of wholemeal bread (HexB) with mashed banana instead of butter.
Some strawberries.

Noodles with carrots and brocolli with soy sauce and sweet chilli. (Probably some syns in the sauce, not looked how much).

Few bites of a gingerbread man, we went to an indoor play centre and it was looking at me! :dohh:

Pasta with mushrooms, garlic and onions with a quark sauce type thing and a bit of cheese (HexA)

A banana.

So not too bad really. I also had a few bites of my LO's tea (some chicken), but don't think I've done too badly.

Anyone got any recipe's for cakes/puddings? I'm struggling with this, I just keep eating yoghurts...

Morning everyone - boy have I got a bad head :drunk:

Went for japanese food (fab) and hen night round town - have totally buggered up thoughas ended up drinking bloody magners and all kinds :growlmad: :cry: only good thing was that I stayed away from alcopops :shrug:

Had scallops with ginger and garlic for tea so that shouldn't be too bad eh?
Am in the doghouse today as said I wouldn't be back late and rolled in hiccuping at 4 :blush: with dirty toes as well???

Is it Krissie who wanted puds? -

Sugarfree jelly with fruit in
Syn free rice pud
Chocolate orange cake (4syns for whole cake)
Muller with alpen light crumbled in it
Skinny cow mint choc ice cream (6 syns)
Syn free vanilla ice cream (made with muller AGAIN :haha:)
Strawberries with sweetened fromage frais over
Ferrero roche (scan bran rolled in nutella - 1 syn each)
Creme brulee (6 syns)

Can't think of any more yet but I tend to stick with muller with alpen crumbled into it.
Hope everyone has a lovely sunday - I'm off to forage for food as no one will make me any :nope:
:hugs:

Sorry I havent posted my scan bran cake recipes girls been mad busy. Went to a wedding yesterday and I only had a sip of champers (not even a full glass). Lots of diet coke & we had a gorgeous hot buffet but I stuck to meat in tomatoy sauces and salad. Managed to avoid the pastry & the pizza.

Was a bit naughty by having chocolate cake for afters but thats my treat for the week as have hardly used any syns.

Will type up recipe later when I grab a moment. Sorry again.

xxxx

Hey girls,

I joined this thread ages ago with a view to starting SW while I was pregnant so I didn't gain too much weight. Well needless to say- I never got round to starting, so here I am- at least a stone and a half heavier than before I got pregnant! I've lost quite a bit since the birth (about 28lbs I think), but I'm determined to lose more now BF and LO have settled in a bit.

I can't really afford to go to class so I'm just going to weigh at home and try to figure out any syns I have! Am I right in thinking that I get an extra HEX a & b because I'm exclusively BFing? I did go to classes about 2 years ago, so I've still got the books and I know roughly what Extra Easy entails. Although I'm not a veggie, I'm not too keen on meat, so I tend to mostly do green days.

I'm going to start on Tuesday so I can go shopping for provisions tomorrow. I'll update my starting weight on Tuesday too. I usually need a kick up the bum to keep on track and exercise etc, so hoping you'll all help!

Pip- sounds like my kinda nite ;-) hehe glad u had fun.
my dh would not speak to me for a wk if i got in at 4am but if its really great its worth it ;-) lmao.

Cocoa- welcome to our lil group again :) congrats on ur baby and good luck with SW :)

I have been good today. Friend cancelled coming down so i wont be having a drink later except maybe a glass of wine, and im having syn free burgers and boiled spuds and veg for tea so not too bad and i enjoyed a curly wurly before :) Hope iv lost at least 2lb by wed as thats my first half stone. Do u get a lil award for that? haha. Its my bday wed so gonna go the mornin class to get weighed, then enjoy a relaxed syn day as il be eating out etc :)

xxx

hey all.

how we all doing?

Congrats on baby coco i was to preg when started slim world ...my lil man is 5 weeks old now.welcome back :)

im doing fine ....due my next weigh in on thursday :)

Shitty weekend :(

I feel crap.
Still no poo.
Still heavy period.
Grumpy!!! :(

Hope you girls have had a good weekend. :hugs:

xxx

Morning girlies :flower:

Hope everyone had a great weekend :thumbup: I've got weigh in tonight and will be thrilled if I've survived the magners extravaganza :blush:

Elli - go and buy some senna from the chemist or tesco chick, really-you must be in agony by now, are you drinking enough? All the extra fibre sucks more water out your gut so you need to drink more to compensate for that.
Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

AQ - ooh woo woo - what are you doing for your birthday? It's our first SW thread birthday on wed then - :cake:

Mrs Q - made (ok OH made it) the syn free rice pud - it was really really gorgeous :happydance:

Hope everybody else is good and all monday motivated :bodyb::bodyb:

Morning Ladies :)
Pip- good luck with your weigh in. U never knw. u might get a good loss, it happens weird like that sometimes ;-) and if u dont, at least u had a fab nite eh? :)
Yay im the first SW thread birthday! lol. DH is taking me to a posh hotel in Liverpool for the night and we will be going to eat out(probs nando's as iv heard thats the best syn wise, lol) and for a few drinkies :) My friend is taking me for a early bday lunch today as she is in the area on business so going to a nice country pub and il have either a steak or fish with potato/rice and 1 glass of wine... really fancy a dessert but gonna leave it as il be having birthday cake on wed :)

Oooh where is the recipe for syn free rice pudding?? i LOVE rice pudding. mmmmm

Just had a alpen light and a banana for brekky cos will be having lunch soon.

btw ladies, tesco have the golden wonder spicy tomato pasta pots on offer for 50p each! i stocked up yesterday :) They are really filling and the sauce is really thick and they are syn free of course :)

xxx

AQ - sure you'll have a lovely night whatever you do - Make sure you're out till at least 4 with muddy toes - remember :winkwink:

Here's the pud:
here you go
50g Pudding Rice
30g Sweetener
550 ml Skimmed Milk
*350ml is a HEa you could syn the remaining or add water to make up to 550ml if you dont want to use both your HEa
Good Pinch of Nutmeg (or to taste)

Method

In to a pan empty the rice, sweetener and milk and a good pinch of nutmeg
Bring to the boil, stirring all the time ( this is important or it will stick)
When boiling, reduce the heat to a gentle simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed ( keep stiring often)
When you reach your desired consistency usually about 20 mins + serve and enjoy your rice pud

Another Mrs Q find - she's my recipe detective :smug:
Oh and I had MURDER finding pudding rice :dohh: everywhere I went - the assistants were looking at me like I was simple and saying 'arr you mean rice pudding don't you' Erm NO... I mean bloody pudding bloody rice :growlmad:
Got some in the big tesco it's by the jelly and custard rather than in baking or rices.

Hi girlies good luck pip and happy birthday africaqueen. Well i am on my husbands phone as he has broken our computer. Basically trying to save money and turning things off at the wall which is fair enough but in doing so didnt wait for the computer to shut down and now we have to do a system recovery. Grrrr. Anyway stuck to diet. Dying for chocolate but i wont have any. X

Ohhh syn free rice pudding, that sounds well good! Definately going to try that one. Muller with alpen sounds good too. So glad muller lights are on BOGOF at Tesco's - I've been going through loads of them.
How much is a reasonable amount to lose in your first week? I've weighed myself on the wii fit (scales are broken) and I've lost 2lb. That doesn't sound too brilliant to me, I've hardly had any syns at all!
Hope your weigh in goes well Pip and have a fab birthday on Wednesday AQ - enjoy your birthday cake!

Ohhh syn free rice pudding, that sounds well good! Definately going to try that one. Muller with alpen sounds good too. So glad muller lights are on BOGOF at Tesco's - I've been going through loads of them.
How much is a reasonable amount to lose in your first week? I've weighed myself on the wii fit (scales are broken) and I've lost 2lb. That doesn't sound too brilliant to me, I've hardly had any syns at all!
Hope your weigh in goes well Pip and have a fab birthday on Wednesday AQ - enjoy your birthday cake!

hey hun. I lost 5 and a half my first week but you need to use your syns! Most people find their best weeks are when they use all their syns every day. X

I hardly ever use my syns. My 1st week I lost 7lbs!!

Then I lost 1lb then 2lbs.

xxx

Chocolate cravings = options hot chocolate drink = 2.5 syns.
Really works to put them at bay!!

Bought senna, took some last night, no joy...:rofl: @ my poo update. Sorry :blush:

Good luck on weigh in pip!!

Happy birthday AQ :) xx

Hey :) i'm thinkin of startin slimming world and i've had a look online at the website an at the free 7 day menu, you've all proberly seen it..

https://www.slimmingworld.com/healthy_eating/free_trial_menu.aspx

it say's all the food in bold is free and you don't count, weigh, measure etc. But looking at the menu some of the food in bold like the spagetti, beans, bacon etc, if you were to have a diet where you just count cals then obv you can't have alot of them?
i'm abit confused as to how you loose weight if things like bacon, beans an spagetti are free foods :S

How does it actually work?

I dunno it just does. It works so I am gonna stick at it.

You have to cut the fat off the bacon though!

xxx

I've looked thu this thread and even tho it looks abit too good to be true lol, it obv works coz there's loads that are loosing weight so i think i'm gonna try it :D

Jem honestly it works go for it. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->