Anybody else with really long irregular cycles???

Yeah I definitely would also but I am suppose to be at my sister in laws at 3 for Australia Day :( oh well looks like I am stuck here

Ah yep that is definitely positive!!! And your egg won't be old well at least I don't think they do do they!

I love seeing hunter in winter clothes it's so cute!!

Oh and I just went to the toilet and my cm is blood tinged so I think af is on her way! Which would be pretty good for me considering I am on cd26 and I have also read that you can get a positive opk just before af because of a last surge or something so maybe that's what happened

Yep...well atleast you're on to a new, fresh cycle!! I can't believe this pos OPK is on CD23...I don't think I'm going to worry about "bad eggs"...I think that's rubbish, anyways! We are going for it!:happydance:

Some people have a annovulatory cycle and no period for 2 months and then ovulate before there next period and still fall pregnant so I wouldn't stress.
Well I am pretty sure af is going to show either tonight or tomorrow because I am in agony with cramping really really low down and it is not nice :(

If you are o'ing right now will this be your longest cycle? Do you think you will take the femera again next cycle?

Of course you can miss noodles and so sorry to hear that your ttc journey has been a bit rough! It took me 3 and a half years to conceive my son due to very low progesterone levels so I know first hand just how tough it can be but you have a good attitude about it all with the fostering! We want to adopt our 3rd child which will be a long process but well worth it!
Are you going to try any ivf or anything like that? I saw a naturopath for mine infertility and it was great and a lot less expensive than ivf lol.

Sorry for such a slow reply - I've had a crazy busy week. I've just woken up with a bout of insomnia, so I'm trying to catch myself up on a few things! No IVF for me - hypersensitivity on Clomid means my gynae recommended against IVF unless I pay for a special private procedure which has more tailored drugs etc. Unfortunately,no matter how much I want a family, I can't justify the £7-10k to do it, especially when there are children out there needing a loving home and I am likely to put myself (and my relationship) through a severe amount of strain. I have enormous amounts of respect for every woman who is doing ivf. Who knows,maybe I'd be more up for doing it if it were presented as more of an option by the doctors....?

I don't know what is going on but these are actually not line af cramps at all they are really low down and sharp that kinda shoot into my sorry tmi vagina lol like I can feel it in my cervix. I just wish af would show already :(

Yeah it costs the same amount here for ivf it's not very appealing is it!!! And I completely agree with the adoption that is something we would love to do!

Sounds like you've all been having some pretty crazy cycles. Kirstie I hope it all settles down for you soon - I don't get on with OPKs because the pcos hormone imbalance causes false readings. Temping stresses me out, too, so I just monitor my cm and hope for the best. Izzy, I hope you Oed and we get some good news soon!

So, an update, my gp insisted that I stay on some form of contraception because of some other medications I take, which can harm a baby if I get pregnant on it (1 in 6000 chance, mind) and said that if I got pregnant I would 'need to consider termination because it would create a lot of work for everyone'. Believe me, it took all my strength not to launch my fists at him. After everything I've been through, I couldn't believe his insensitivity.

Anyways, I came away with a low dose pill to show my cooperation with his request, but the headaches have started back up and I had the most god awful migraine last night. Hubby said no more birth control, we're back to waiting to see what happens.

I've had only three natural cycles in two years, so the chances of conceiving naturally are remote, but what's more is I'd have to be damned unlucky to be that 1 in 6000 who had a problem with their pregnancy and its a chance I'm currently willing to take.

All that said, we're going to live our lives as though it'll never happen so we don't miss out on anything, but try to focus on keeping happy and healthy so we don't waste our youth. Life is good and it cam only get better from here

Yeah it costs the same amount here for ivf it's not very appealing is it!!! And I completely agree with the adoption that is something we would love to do!

I do some charity work with kids and sometimes see the environments they live it. Its really reinforced my motivation to foster or adopt - no child should be exposed to the tough environments some kids are born in to, many of which could be avoided

Well I am very sorry about all the troubles you are having even my low progesterone was hard to swallow at first! I really hope you get to conceive one way or the other.

And yes I agree a lot of the time can be avoided its awful seeing children in some of the positions there parents have put them in!!

Its been a tough year or so, but I'm grateful for the journey. I'm a stronger and surprisingly calmer person for it - I've stopped stressing over the small stuff.

Low progesterone is something I get with my pcos. Its a bitch to manage and a friend of mine has lost 3 babies due to hers, which makes me nervous. Do you do anything to keep yours under control?

I did before I fell pregnant with my son I took chaste tree which I believe is also known as chaste berry but I haven't since. I haven't completely decided yet but my doc had offered progesterone pesserys but yeah haven't made up my mind as to what I want to do yet. I think I am going to try myself for a little while. I feel pregnant with hunter without anything and sustained the pregnancy but bled for 14 weeks don't know if that was due to the progesterone or not.

That sounds pretty scary, but really inspiring that you managed it without help. I take provera to induce af if I've not had one for a few months, but I've only been doing that the past year, in between my attempts at Clomid.

I hope you get lucky again - its a tough decision as to whether to go it alone or take hormones etc. You never know the effect they'll have. What works for one, doesn't work for all etc...

I need to get some sleep. Its near on 4am I think and I've been up two hours. Ill keep in touch better this week, see how everyone's getting on

miss noddles so sorry to hear your going through such a hard time!!! :hugs:

kirstie if AF doesn't show within the next day or so that could definitely be implantation bleeding your having...the low low cramps and pains to your vagina sound very similar to what i had before my bfp.....and the lines your getting!! oh i hope its not AF!!

izzy yayy for O! and don't worry about the "old egg" thing...I O'd on cd22 when i got my bfp :)

It was very scary especially because I am a- blood group and the doctor I was seeing never did my blood so I didn't have that done til I was 10 weeks and they told me the damage could have already been done to the baby because as soon as you have any bleeding when your a negative blood group you are ment to have an anti d shot. So there was the chance that the baby would have been born still born it was not nice.

Yes well it possibly could be implantation but I am definitely not holding my breathe.
The cramps were definitely strange though only lasted a few hours and were very sharp and painful and now nothing. We shall see on Wednesday or Thursday when I get to Adelaide.
Even though we are going for a bad reason I am actually looking forward to getting out of town.

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! Check out my temp spike!! That doesn't look like a "bad egg" temp spike to me:winkwink: Holy cow I hope this is our cycle:thumbup:

Woohoo that's awesome izzy!!! I so hope it's your cycle also!! That is such a nice temp spike!!! And the wait is officially on!! Do you think you will test early?

I always tell myself I won't...then I just can't help it!! I have a ton of IC's at home, so I'm sure I'll test early - I'm going to try to wait until 10dpo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->