Anybody else with really long irregular cycles???

I was hoping to join u ladies but it looks like it has changed from
A ttc thread to a pregnancy thread! Lol

lol hopeful you're still more than welcome to join if you'd like!! the more the merrier ! :)

i can't really say my cycles got that much shorter before i got my bfp. the month i got my bfp i didn't ovulate until cd 22...which was still better considering i had a couple 60 day cycles here and there! Im not sure if it had anything to do with it at all but I did try just lessening my caffeine intake and drinking more water. it did seem to help a bit! how long has it been since you've had a period?

I'm worried we'll have a hard time reaching our bfp because my cycles are long and have been fluctuating in length a lot.

bella21 How long did it take you to get your bfp with irregular cycles?

well technically my OH and I were ntnp for about 8 months. we weren't even really thinking about a baby .. but we also weren't blind to what we were doing. We had a couple times where we thought i might be pregnant and then AF kept showing eventually. I realized how disappointed I was getting so we started talking about ttc. I decided to track my cycles in november to see if i was actually ovulating and get a better feel for my cycles. I started temping/charting and using opks and i ended up getting my bfp that first cycle

i can't really say my cycles got that much shorter before i got my bfp. the month i got my bfp i didn't ovulate until cd 22...which was still better considering i had a couple 60 day cycles here and there! Im not sure if it had anything to do with it at all but I did try just lessening my caffeine intake and drinking more water. it did seem to help a bit! how long has it been since you've had a period?

Hmm well I was on the pill 10 years ending jan 2012, had my withdrawal bleed then nothing at all, April 2012 doc gave me fert drugs and fell pregnant first cycle so no period. Now 14.5 weeks pp still nothing. So its been a year and a half! Now on mini pill just to be sure nothing happened so soon after cs but gonna ditch it in a few weeks and detox my body of hormones

well technically my OH and I were ntnp for about 8 months. we weren't even really thinking about a baby .. but we also weren't blind to what we were doing. We had a couple times where we thought i might be pregnant and then AF kept showing eventually. I realized how disappointed I was getting so we started talking about ttc. I decided to track my cycles in november to see if i was actually ovulating and get a better feel for my cycles. I started temping/charting and using opks and i ended up getting my bfp that first cycle

Thank you for sharing that. We are NTNP just for 6 weeks until our official starting to TTC date in May lol, seems kinda silly but that's how it's turning out. I'm not charting, temping or using opks - we're just kinda winging it for at least a couple of months before I get serious into it.

I'm worried I'll get too caught up in the technical part of TTC I wont enjoy it as much:wacko:

Hmm well I was on the pill 10 years ending jan 2012, had my withdrawal bleed then nothing at all, April 2012 doc gave me fert drugs and fell pregnant first cycle so no period. Now 14.5 weeks pp still nothing. So its been a year and a half! Now on mini pill just to be sure nothing happened so soon after cs but gonna ditch it in a few weeks and detox my body of hormones

oh wow! do you think (if you were breastfeeding) that maybe that could have something to do with not getting a period? I'm not totally sure if that delays it or not but just a guess! hopefully the pill works for you to get AF back so you can start ttc again!

Thank you for sharing that. We are NTNP just for 6 weeks until our official starting to TTC date in May lol, seems kinda silly but that's how it's turning out. I'm not charting, temping or using opks - we're just kinda winging it for at least a couple of months before I get serious into it.

I'm worried I'll get too caught up in the technical part of TTC I wont enjoy it as much:wacko:

yeah i totally understand the getting caught up in it part. only temping and stuff for a month and i was caught up in it! lol. I'm sure if i hadn't gotten my bfp yet id be totally stressing out about it. It really is crazy how you can be NTNP for so long though and not catch the egg one time! and it doesn't seem silly at all I'm sure you guys have your reasons for waiting until may!

yeah i totally understand the getting caught up in it part. only temping and stuff for a month and i was caught up in it! lol. I'm sure if i hadn't gotten my bfp yet id be totally stressing out about it. It really is crazy how you can be NTNP for so long though and not catch the egg one time! and it doesn't seem silly at all I'm sure you guys have your reasons for waiting until may!

It's so technical I think I would get it wrong at first haha:haha: We plan to enjoy it first but I'm sure if it doesn't happen after a couple months frustration will set in so I'll be more willing to get technical. We were waiting until our wedding date in May, but I must have spoken about babies enough because OH seems to always forget the condom:blush:

hehehe i love it! OH also always seemed to forget the condom too...and i always forgot to mention it :haha: It does get pretty technical but id just set my alarm for 8:30 every morning ...wake up...temp...and then fall back to sleep. OPKs are stressful because they're really hard to read at first but you get used to them :thumbup: how exciting you're getting married soon!!

Haha, I always put it on the night stand, but they seem to get forgotten:haha:

Good to know! If I try the opks I'll be sure to remember that it's not just me if I struggle at the beginning :)

just post pics of them on here if you're not sure if they're positive or not :thumbup: and sometimes you can get a surge and then not ovulate so unless you're temping to confirm you Oed you should keep testing for another surge just in case

Hopeful:
It can take a little while for your body to regulate after having a baby so many crazy hormones surge around your body after giving birth they might just need time to settle but as Bella said hopefully with the minipill af will come back

Mandi: hunters first night back in his own bed in his room and he has already woken 3 times in an hour and a half lol but I have decided I am sticking it out this time I can't stand his bad sleeping habits anymore and they need to be dealt with quick smart before number 2 comes and I really need to start getting sleep! So here's to hoping and all fingers and toes crossed that this works out!
How are you feeling? How are the feet? Did you end up going for a massage? I am still in desperate need of one and when I have a really bad night with hunter it gets worse :( but if this all goes right that won't be happening anymore!
Feeling not to bad today didn't throw up which is a bonus lol almost did a few times but the main point is I didn't. Still going for my walks every night with my other pregnant friend she is 29 weeks so its good to have someone to exercise with that we need to go at the same pace! Eeekk so excited my appointment is creeping up for my scan I can't wait to see the little munchkin it's really starting to feel real and I am really starting to relax about it all now which is good! I saw a very very fresh new born yesterday when we were out for dinner and it made me instantly well up lol I am so emotional these days could cry at the drop of a hat :)

Mandi: hunters first night back in his own bed in his room and he has already woken 3 times in an hour and a half lol but I have decided I am sticking it out this time I can't stand his bad sleeping habits anymore and they need to be dealt with quick smart before number 2 comes and I really need to start getting sleep! So here's to hoping and all fingers and toes crossed that this works out!
How are you feeling? How are the feet? Did you end up going for a massage? I am still in desperate need of one and when I have a really bad night with hunter it gets worse :( but if this all goes right that won't be happening anymore!
Feeling not to bad today didn't throw up which is a bonus lol almost did a few times but the main point is I didn't. Still going for my walks every night with my other pregnant friend she is 29 weeks so its good to have someone to exercise with that we need to go at the same pace! Eeekk so excited my appointment is creeping up for my scan I can't wait to see the little munchkin it's really starting to feel real and I am really starting to relax about it all now which is good! I saw a very very fresh new born yesterday when we were out for dinner and it made me instantly well up lol I am so emotional these days could cry at the drop of a hat :)

ohh noo sorry hunters having a hard time sleeping in his room again! stick to it though! I'm sure its hard for both of you but it needs to be done! I doubt it'll take him long to get used to it.

So good you didn't throw up! maybe your MS won't be as bad this time around which I'm sure will be a relief for you! I hear you on the emotional thing. I cry at everything to haha. stupid things mostly too! its so crazy how you can go from normal to emotional wreck in a matter of a second.

thats awesome you have a friend thats pregnant with you to walk with! theres a couple girls i know that are pregnant right now but were not close enough to go walking without it being awkward haha. it is getting to be so nice out though so I'm hoping to start walking some more too. at least on my days off.

I didn't get a massage yet. i need to badly too! i wanted to on my past 2 days off but i ended up cleaning the whole house on monday and then tuesday i wore myself out so much the day before that i laid on the couch all day haha.

eeeekk so excited for your scan!!! will mick be going with you?? such a special time :cloud9: Josh said yesterday how he wished they did a scan at every appointment...even though he sits there and doesn't say much because i think the idea of a baby in my belly might still freak him out hahaha

hope you had a great day!

izzy :hugs:

hopeful and mrs dragonfly hope you're both doing okay!

I've heard the mini pill doesn't influence your cycle at all so I'm not optimistic.
I was just holding onto hope that that was the cause of no cycle

ohh noo sorry hunters having a hard time sleeping in his room again! stick to it though! I'm sure its hard for both of you but it needs to be done! I doubt it'll take him long to get used to it.

So good you didn't throw up! maybe your MS won't be as bad this time around which I'm sure will be a relief for you! I hear you on the emotional thing. I cry at everything to haha. stupid things mostly too! its so crazy how you can go from normal to emotional wreck in a matter of a second.

thats awesome you have a friend thats pregnant with you to walk with! theres a couple girls i know that are pregnant right now but were not close enough to go walking without it being awkward haha. it is getting to be so nice out though so I'm hoping to start walking some more too. at least on my days off.

I didn't get a massage yet. i need to badly too! i wanted to on my past 2 days off but i ended up cleaning the whole house on monday and then tuesday i wore myself out so much the day before that i laid on the couch all day haha.

eeeekk so excited for your scan!!! will mick be going with you?? such a special time :cloud9: Josh said yesterday how he wished they did a scan at every appointment...even though he sits there and doesn't say much because i think the idea of a baby in my belly might still freak him out hahaha

hope you had a great day!

izzy :hugs:

hopeful and mrs dragonfly hope you're both doing okay!

he actually didn't do to bad last night I think this is it this time!!! He woke every 2-2 1/2 hours and was up for the day at 5:30.
He has been asleep for 3 hours now and has stirred once and I had to resettle him but he stirred again and resettled himself!! I am wrapped I am really sticking with it this time and I think it is going to be great for both of us!

I am hoping it wont be I got some tablets so hopefully that will help with the nausea I am still getting! but I am getting use to it all now lol. I am actually really starting to feel pregnant and really feeling better about the whole situation thank god!

It is good to have someone to walk with I love walking I plan on doing it right up till the day I go into labor like last time I think it really helps the labor process!
It will be good for you if you get to start walking! do you not have any non pregnant friends that you can go with?

lol nesting already are we?? Make sure you don't hold off on the massage hun you will regret it that's for sure!

Yeah mick will be coming with me which is pretty exciting I have changed it to not this Monday but next so he can come with me because I was going to be changing it to Friday but we are going on a little road trip to pick up our new tv which is pretty exciting!!!

Anything new on your end??

Bloody mick came from work this morning and told me he stabbed himself at work last night and I just thought it would be a bit of a cut but no a bit open gash that he most definitely needs stitches for but wont go because they don't let you underground with stitches and he doesn't like to report injuries because the whole crew gets there pay docked by a certain percentage when they have an incident!!! I just really hope it doesn't get infected!! the last time he had an injury in a jog was when he was roof tiling anf stood on a nail and they didn't treat him properly he got blood poisoning and was off work for 2 weeks and he wont get sick pay either because he didn't report it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->