Anybody know how to read ultrasound results?

TTCinSLC

Reaction score
I had a scan at 6 weeks and my gestational sac was measuring significantly smaller than my crown-rump length. From what I've been reading online, if the disparity between the two is less than 5 mm, it's an 80-94% chance of miscarriage. I am less than 5 mm and was told to come in later this week for another scan.

I am posting my measurements in hopes than somebody can help me better interpret them. My reproductive endocrinologist expressed minimal concern, which I can't really understand after the studies I have been reading. My husband is also a physician (different specialty, but access to all the medical journals) and he also sees a grim outlook based on the data.

This is my first pregnancy. We originally had twins, but already lost one. It has taken us over two years, a whole lot of drugs and three IUIs to get to this point. Is this the end for this baby?

Honesty is appreciated and thank you for reading.

Results:
Placenta Normal
Amniotic Sac Normal
Yolk Sac Size (mm) 4
Cardiac Activity Yes
Heart Rate (bpm) 101
MSD (mm) 8.7
Comment: -
MSD EGA 5w3d
CRL (mm) 4.25
CRL EGA 6w1d

I would go with the RE on this. This is their area of expertise. You have a heart beat and are dating within the 5 day range for how far along you are. You're also at 4.7 so almost 5! .3 mm is tiny and it could have been the angle or something else to set you a little lower. Trust you're RE. :) I'm sure they would have said something if they thought something was wrong.

Thanks for the reassurance, Amber, and congrats on your pregnancy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->