Anybody TTC but has very low libido?

yellowbell

TTC #2
Reaction score
I know, it's pathetic. How can I get pregnant if I don't have the urge to do the deed? :(

Ever since I gave birth to our first child in Oct 2012, my libido went down the drain. Our lives just got so busy being parents. Then in 2014 we moved to another country and there's just so many things.

Now we want to try for #2 but :cry:

Track your cycles so you know exactly when to BD and go then. You'll probably just have 'suck it up' a little because that's how you make a baby... :)

I've heard of women having an improved libido on Maca Root and other herbs. Also some other ladies have talked about their DH's finishing in a soft cup and then inserting it (or homebased insemination).

Thanks for your reply.
Yep, tracking my cycles now and also doing acupuncture. My acupuncturist did recommend to use soft cup right after intercourse so it isn't so messy so I've tried it once and it was helpful indeed :D I guess that also helps keep 'em spermies inside :D
I'm going to look into maca root, thanks :)

I can sort of relate yellow,I don't ever feel the "lust" that other women often seem to experience which means I have to make a conscious decision to get us to BD often,but if I had to do it based strictly on when I am totally in the mood,it would never happen! I think I must also look into the maca root thing!

Hello,Yellow

I am in the same boat as you. I never feel the urge to BD and we are trying for baby #2. good luck to you. Im also going to look into Meca root

My libido was non existent before our ds was born in oct 2012. Its no different if not lower now unfortunately. I track my cycles closely and dtd right on time. 1 day before 0 and 1 day after or just once when i know im ovulating.
Good luck!

I get what you mean i dont feel sexy very often. by the time my daughter is in bed, i need to wash up and tidy up then by the time i have had a shower i throw on some jammys and just want a cup of tea and the tele. I think sometimes after i have actually found the energy i feel afterwards like its brought us abit closer again. We are close anyway but unfortunately since having my daughter as ive already said theres not alot of time to have sex let alone be creative and pamper yourself before so you feel all fresh and attractive (if that makes sense)

thank you ladies for sharing your own experiences.

Laura, you said it exactly, that's how I am after putting our daughter to bed, I'm exhausted! It's really challenging to feel sexy when you're so tired. And yes, after hubby and I do get to DTD, I feel closer to him so I really need to work on getting my sexy back.

Last Friday I finally bought the meca root ginseng, in a form of vitamin capsules. But then after I read the details in the label, it says consult your doctor after 3 months of usage so that got me a little scared because I thought it is just a daily vitamin. Maybe I need to find another brand that's not so strong.

I have started taking Maca this cycle and I do feel like I'm in the mood a lot more often. Not as much as my husband, but more than usual. :) It's only been about 2 weeks, I'll keep track and see how much of a difference I notice. I've also read it can help make ovulation more apparent (increased CM) and can improve egg quality. I guess time will tell.

sounds very encouraging, tcinks, thanks for sharing.
I'm planning to start taking it today, AF showed up so I'm back to CD1.

Aw no Yellow,sorry about AF 😔 Fx that the Maca works it's magic for you so it's easier ttc

On a lighter note, I am also starting to do activities that I think would boost my self confidence and make me "bring my sexy back" :flasher:

Now that sounds like fun and an excellent idea Yellow! Enjoy it ;) I know your DH probably will!

It has to be black maca root. The regular and the red ones don't do nothing. The black one is that is the best one. My mother-in-law is Peruvian

thanks leane, i will try to find if there are black maca root vitamins here.

Yepppp. Mine's not non-existent, but it's pretty low normally. I have to really pay attention to any little possible "spark" I might have and go with it. Otherwise I just tend to not really do anything with it because (insert other thing occupying my brain here).

Yep, I have vaginismus, so bd can be hard sometimes and needs consious effort in the beginning at least. I also have a low ibido, and I'm not yet cycling due to breastfeeding so my libido is even LOWER. Sigh. It can be a real effort sometimes! But yeah basically I'm sucking it up in the interest of baby making. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->