Anyone been to Thomas land at Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liz1985

Reaction score
We've been wanting to take ds for ages and mil rang last night to say she'll pay for us all to go on the weekend before Christmas. We've already booked to do something that weekend (at sundown, a children's theme park and see santa) thinking about trying to sell those tickets or just not go and do Thomas land instead. Is it worth it though, as it's a 2 hour drive for us, and don't want to give up the event we know we like if it's not worth it?

ETA: in laws can only do that weekend and tickets for other are not transferable so it's one or the other.

I've never done it at Christmas but it's awesome. We have booked to do polar express this year however I am desperate to squeeze in Thomas land and it's a 4 and a half hour journey for us. Would love to go on the weekend of the 5th December. I'm seriously considering it if I can afford it. We took D'S in June last year and he still remembers it and always asks to go again

I've not been (yet). We went to Thomas Land in the summer, and Connor loved it, so we're going on the 20th :xmas1: So excited!

We have also not been yet but have booked to go on 19th! I am so excited, I literally cannot wait! I keep looking at the website and reading reviews etc and it sounds amazing!

X

We went last year and loved it and just went this past Sunday!

Thomasland, 4d cinema, ben10, big wheel, carousel, pirate ride etc is open but the rest is closed. There is a big castle of dreams in the middle where Father Christmas is. This is where the fireworks are at the end of the day.

Our day goes likes this:

- Arrive 10am - rides start at 10.30
- Walk on all the rides in thomasland because it's so quiet (it's ticketed to a certain volume so I don't know if that was why it was quiet or just because it's not that busy in late November!). There are loads of rides in thomasland but quick loading.
- Then we did a bit of time in the soft play which is immense!
- Then we walked up to the Grill inn which is a really nice pub onsite - there had 40% off vouchers in November so we had a lovely hot meal to warm up for quite cheap.
- Then we did the big wheel and polar express 4D
- then last year we went to see FC - great FC and nice present themed on polar express of bell and chocolate. We didn't do it this year as it would be too samey and we are going to Harrods in December.
- caught the Thomas train to the other side of the park where there is another ride, Thomas museum, reindeer, few animals and play park. We then walked back through the Dinoland and zoo (both are quite tired and a bit pants but ok)
- then we redid a few more rides in thomasland
- then we caught the Christmas show - last year it was the fat controller and others singing but this year it was icy people on stilts and the fat controller walking around with Father Christmas and LOTS of fake snow.
- then we saw the fireworks and went home after buying a new train from the shop!

It's a brill day out, especially when it's quiet. There is Xmas music everywhere, lots of Xmas lights, Xmas trees etc. when it gets dark, it's even better. Some of drayton manor is quite tired looking but the bits that are open for this are good. Thomasland is really nice.

I think it's quite cheap too really. It's only 30 mins from us so a no brainer!

Aw thanks everyone. We've told mil to book the tickets. If we can't sell our sundown tickets I will give them to a friend. Really looking forward to it. Is the polar express film the full film in 4 or is it a shortened version of it?

We are going weekend before Xmas but it's a 5 hour drive, cannot wait very excited :)

not been at xmas but took my oldest in may and he absoloutly loved it! the actual thomas part is fab! i'd love to go at xmas.

We've took LO here in the summer and it's a great day out!!

We are also looking at either Sundown Adventure or Thomas Land at xmas but I think with all the reviews on here I'm going to book Thomas Land :happydance: can't wait!! I know LO will love it x

We love Thomas land and have been quite a few times as its only half hour away from us. we haven't been at Christmas before but we have booked to go on the 22nd December as we have friends coming to visit! we cant wait!

So excited now. Can't wait to see ds face. He asks all the time to go to Thomas land and watches you tube videos of it.

I've just gone to book my tickets and most days are nearly sold out for the tickets to see Santa! The only day we could go was either Sunday 21st or Monday 22nd! Sunday was totally sold out so I managed to get the Monday but the time slot to see Santa is at 4.45 and says fireworks restricted view :dohh: does anyone know what this actually means? What time do the fireworks start? I presume it means while your seeing Santa the fireworks start?

It says the fireworks start at 6 on the website. So not sure if restricted view means you might not be out in time or its to do with where you'll be standing?

Thanks Liz!

I just couldn't see what time the fireworks started! Hopefully it will be okay then.. :thumbup: x

Sorry I've just been back onto check and on the Monday the fireworks are at 5. They are 6 on the weekend. Just text mil and looks like we'll be the same. We're going on the Sunday and only 545 or 6 left to see santa, so I suppose it's either see santa or see the fireworks. :-(

Weve booked to see Santa now but suppose on the day we can just see how it goes! Think LO would prefer to see Santa but will be a shame if we miss out on the fireworks! Hopefully we might get to do both but just with a restricted view like it says?! Lol

Father Christmas is inside the castle of dreams and you queue outside first until your time slot opens (or not, you could just wait till your time slot opens!) then you queue in a sort of covered walkway to the castle. If I remember correctly, this is outside but with a roof on.

The fireworks happen over the top of the castle of dreams so if you are on the walkway, you'll probably have a restricted view. If you are in to see FC, you won't see them at all as it's totally inside.

We went to Thomas Land last Christmas and it was fab, we all had a great day. The Father Christmas is really good too, on the way out the children are told a story which adds to the excitement :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back