Anyone breastfeeding and ttc?

My af returned at 10 months. On cd32 of 2nd cycle. Had O signs around day 20 but now got loads of ewcm and O pains so my cycles are definitely out of whack just now!
I'd love to get pg this year
Hello to all new peeps, hope we are all sharing our bfps soon

That's great...I'd love to keep BF'ing (I will because my dd needs it) but I just wish AF would show lol! We are literally going more than 12 hours no BF during the day (8am - 9pm aprox) but last night she nursed practically all night long! No more than a 2 hr stretch of sleep :( do you think it'll be enough to go just that one long stretch? I guess we'll know for sure in a few weeks!
I read something online that said 65 minutes of nursing/sucking (over a 24 hr period) is what keeps AF away - what do you think about that?? It was just a blog, not a dr or medical site...

Ganton, how long are you going between the feeds?

Everyone has a different threshold to when af will return I think- I still bf every 2-3 hours! but I felt a few af cramps and held off for 6 hours one day and af came the next day. Did the same with my dd1 so I knew it would work. It's just regulating things that's a problem for me now! So trying to cut way down on feeds- infact today managed feeding in bed at 7.30am, then 2pm, then 9pm which is a definite first for us so quite pleased!

I returned to work nearly 4 months a go,at which point I was feeding at 7am, 7pm and once or twice during the night. I also fed him to sleep for his afternoon nap three days a week. We gradually worked on stretching out the night feeds and not feeding to sleep for naps do for the last 2 months I've just been feeding at 7am and 7pm. I still notice if I miss a feed so he's definitely getting something still, but I certainly don't get engorged any more so I don't think he's getting loads at each feed. I think the return of my AF was triggered by the drop to just 2 feeds and it's taken 8 weeks to make an appearance (same as with DS1 - AF returned 8 weeks after stopping feeding). The 65 minute thing is probably about right for me but I know other people who have experiences completely different to that, so each person must have a different threshold.

About the 65 min thing- my dd will bf every 2 hours (or more if it was up to her) but sometimes only for about 1-2 minutes then something will interest her as she'll be on her way again! I guess even the night feeds are max 10 mins so we have probably been under the 65 min mark for some time now!

I was still feeding at least every two hrs in the day and every 3 or 4 hrs in the night when af came back last time (at 8.5 months). Most feeds were short though. She loved solids and cut way back on the quantity of milk she was drinking quite quickly. I knew that because my boobs were really sore and hard, lol.

I would like to follow this thread as well.

We are trying for #2 but I'm not getting af yet at 16 months pp. I'm also bf on demand and at night still, although I do work and am away from dd for 9 hours a day 5 days a week.
I'm going to try the vitamin B6 thing and see if it helps or not.

:flower:

Urgg cd39 no sign of af and bfn so I guess my cycle has been delayed somehow. LO hasn't been feeding more than usual- if anything a bit less! So it's just a waiting game till things regulate I guess ! I'm so impatient though I'll need to focus in other things.
Vitamin b6 was good for me second time- I got pg the next month after I started taking it. But I had my periods back for 6 months by then. It helped lengthen my luteal phase

We are looking to start TTC in August/September in hopes that our babies will be close in age. Even though we feed on demand and she still night nurses frequently AF returned at just before 4 months PP. Hopefully it continues to be regular. I wanted to send good luck wishes to those of you hoping for a BFP! :dust:

When AF came back for me it was 2 1/2 months PP. So far, it has been extremely irregular. I can have 2 periods in one month or none at all for 2 months. That is actually what has happened to me so far lol.

NTNP atm, but I can't wait to start TTC.

I got pregnant before mine were really regular yet last time.

I'm on cd42 of my second pp cycle. My first was 37 days.
Last night I had the most excruciating period pain that was all around my tummy and back- it was like a contraction in strength but constant. I was crying I the pain. Took 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen and it eased off within the hour. So scary! Has anyone had anything like this? I've not had a period pain since before I was ever pregnant! I thought I was cured! Still no af though I'm so worried about cysts etc!

When I got my second AF PP it was horrible. I ended up having to stay inside the whole time. Not just from the bleeding but from the pain as well. I am used to horrible cramps though. Before I became pregnant I had bad AF cramps every cycle with a heavy AF.

Af finally got me on cd 44 and it's heavyyyy! No pain though which is good- no idea what that cramping was about the oter night.
Onto cycle 3 for me!

My first AF was really light and no cramps at all. It was nothing like they used to be, so I don't think my body's quite back to normal yet, but I'm not looking forward to when they come back properly.

However, they might have to return properly for me up be able to conceive. Its been 2 weeks since AF started and I've been doing OPKs and they're hardly registering any second line. I know LH levels rise very quickly just before ovulation, but I just to get a decent second line for a quite a while before the peak of ovulation. I'm therefore wondering if my breastfeeding is still stopping ovulation even though AF had returned. I actually want to wait another couple of weeks before getting pregnant so I'm not too concerned about lack of ovulation at the moment, but I just wanted to track this cycle to work out what's going on.

I always had a 27 day cycle and I found after dd1 that I was ovulating nearer day 20 so you might just be ovulating that bit later than before.
I don't chart or do opks but if I go by my ewcm I think if I O'd last month it was around day 19/20

I only had one complete cycle between DS1 and getting pregnant with DS2, but that was close to 5 weeks, so there's a good chance that I won't ovulate until 3 weeks in. I only started the OPKs because I noticed a pattern in CM that would suggest I was close to ovulation, but it seems I was wrong. I have an operation next week, so mustn't conceive before 17th may, but it's all systems go after that. If ovulation is delayed until day 21, there's a chance we could be lucky this cycle :)

Our wee ones are about the same age my dd1 was born July 2012 and dd2 April 2014
I am hoping for a similar age gap (maybe closer to 2 years so that would be if I catch around July/aug!!

Yes, we have a very similar age gap, I'm just one month ahead. By the time my DS1 was the age that DS2 is now, I was already 13 weeks pregnant, so there's definitely already a longer gap between pregnancies. I'm hoping for around a 2 year gap this time. Breastfeeding has delayed things this time, but I'm happy with a slightly longer gap anyway, I just hope it doesn't take too long to have a third as I don't want eh gap to be too large in comparison. How do you feel about it? Would you have had the same gap again if your body allowed it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qpurple547
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->