Anyone breastfeeding and ttc?

Hello everyone :) I'm still breastfeeding my 15 month old (lots) and all through the night (every 2/3 hours still) and just got my :bfp: a few days ago. I was 4 weeks pregnant yesterday. (I think)
I didn't have my af return until last month and fell pregnant straight away only charting my ewcm. I plan to continue to feed my lon(as if I have a choice lol) and then tandem feed. Fx to you all ttc and congratulations if your already pregnant :happydance:

Congrats to you! I hope we catch as fast as you!! I'm getting so excited thinking about it but I have to calm down as it could and a while!
I can't be bothered charting but I'll def keep an eye on cm

Hi there, can I join in? Our girl is 21 months. I got my periods back when she was 8.5 months and got pregnant again when she was just under a year. My cycles were a bit irregular and 6 day LP so I was surprised it didnt take longer. I wasnt planning on doing it again with such a small gap but LO is 1 month now and I'm aleady thinking about TTC :).

I was broody as soon as I'd given birth too and I assumed it was all the hormones but 10 months on and I'm still broody for #3!
Also quite up for getting the baby years over and done with while I'm still young enough!
I thought your LP had to be at least 9 days so that's reassuring to know!

Hi there, can I join in? Our girl is 21 months. I got my periods back when she was 8.5 months and got pregnant again when she was just under a year. My cycles were a bit irregular and 6 day LP so I was surprised it didnt take longer. I wasnt planning on doing it again with such a small gap but LO is 1 month now and I'm aleady thinking about TTC :).

I was broody as soon as I'd given birth too and I assumed it was all the hormones but 10 months on and I'm still broody for #3!
Also quite up for getting the baby years over and done with while I'm still young enough!
I thought your LP had to be at least 9 days so that's reassuring to know!

Of course I dont know if my LP would have been longer the month I got pregnant but the cycles before that it was still 6 days.

Following along. LO is nearly 16 weeks old and hubby and I are hoping to begin TTC in August.

My DS2 is 1 next week (I can't believe where that year has gone) and still feeds 3 times every 24 hours (and sometimes a bonus comfort feed before nap time at the weekends). I've had a couple of phases of cramping where I thought AF might show, but still no sign. We've decided to wait another 3 months to TTC so I'm not desperate for AF to arrive soon but I may have to start weaning DS if there's still nothing in a few months. My aim was to get to a year and I couldn't see myself bf past about 18 months at all, so weaning at 15 months is fine with me if that's what I end up doing.

For some reason, I've got this strange idea in my head that I'd like to catch the first ovulation so never actually get AF between pregnancies. I don't know why, as it means nothing to anyone else, but I can't help thinking that it would be kinda cool!

Following along. LO is nearly 16 weeks old and hubby and I are hoping to begin TTC in August.

Welcome! You might be lucky enough to have your af back by aug then you can get to it! Mine has just come back last Thursday- so I am now approaching officially cycle #1 of ttc!

My DS2 is 1 next week (I can't believe where that year has gone) and still feeds 3 times every 24 hours (and sometimes a bonus comfort feed before nap time at the weekends). I've had a couple of phases of cramping where I thought AF might show, but still no sign. We've decided to wait another 3 months to TTC so I'm not desperate for AF to arrive soon but I may have to start weaning DS if there's still nothing in a few months. My aim was to get to a year and I couldn't see myself bf past about 18 months at all, so weaning at 15 months is fine with me if that's what I end up doing.

For some reason, I've got this strange idea in my head that I'd like to catch the first ovulation so never actually get AF between pregnancies. I don't know why, as it means nothing to anyone else, but I can't help thinking that it would be kinda cool!

I was the same about catching the first cycle before AF. As it was I had 3 periods before falling pregnant but that was fine too. Some women don't even ovulate the first cycle or two, just get their period first. From reading experiences online it seems like lots of women get pregnant after about 3 or 4 cycles.

Welcome! You might be lucky enough to have your af back by aug then you can get to it! Mine has just come back last Thursday- so I am now approaching officially cycle #1 of ttc!

I'm hoping that AF has returned by then. Previously AF returned between 6-8 months PP. It would be lovely if you catch an eggy your first cycle!

For those trying to get their fertility back while BFing, this is an interesting read:
https://www.thealphaparent.com/2014/12/how-to-get-pregnant-whilst-breastfeeding.html Not sue it would work for everyone but could be worth a try for those who want to get pregnant without weaning, plus its an excuse to eat naughty stuff :).

Whew that was a bit of a read, but it makes sense and has actually been a thought of mine. ATM I just eat whatever and whenever I feel like, no counting calories here. LOL

For those trying to get their fertility back while BFing, this is an interesting read:
https://www.thealphaparent.com/2014/12/how-to-get-pregnant-whilst-breastfeeding.html Not sue it would work for everyone but could be worth a try for those who want to get pregnant without weaning, plus its an excuse to eat naughty stuff :).

That's a nice read! Thanks for posting it.

Interesting read! Thanks for that! I just had an adenoidtonsillectomy!, Im hoping now that I can focus on breastfeeding my lo and ttc #2.. Ive had irregular af, but I will give this idea a try! :)

Hi all we are TTC #2 while bf, currently just o'ed (I think, my nipples seem to think so ouch!) second pp cycle :)

Hi everyone just thought id check in and see if there were any updates?
I'm waiting for cycle 2 to begin- prepared for this to be a long first cycle though. I'm on day 34 just now- my first pp af after my dd1 was around 45 days so could still have another week of waiting!

I'm in my tww now!! Currently 4-5 dpo!! Excited to see what happens!!

Finally a thread about TTC while breastfeeding :) Hubby and I are trying for number 2, with our son now 3 months. I got AF when he was 7 weeks, so I thought I should be due already. Bub is EBF, but I use EBM when we go out, and he usually sleeps 5 hrs at night before wanting another feed. Started temping a week ago because I was wondering where AF was and they were low. Today it jumped by 0.5 degrees, and over the last week we happened to have a few nights 'together', which doesn't happen all that much now to be honest - I'm too tired. I've got my fingers crossed this tww ends in a bfp. I just hope the temps are reliable, as I have to take it at different times depending 8n when I have the longest sleep

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubysan
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->