Anyone breastfeeding and ttc?

Finally a thread about TTC while breastfeeding :) Hubby and I are trying for number 2, with our son now 3 months. I got AF when he was 7 weeks, so I thought I should be due already. Bub is EBF, but I use EBM when we go out, and he usually sleeps 5 hrs at night before wanting another feed. Started temping a week ago because I was wondering where AF was and they were low. Today it jumped by 0.5 degrees, and over the last week we happened to have a few nights 'together', which doesn't happen all that much now to be honest - I'm too tired. I've got my fingers crossed this tww ends in a bfp. I just hope the temps are reliable, as I have to take it at different times depending 8n when I have the longest sleep

Hi! None of us have been on this thread for a while but I'm still ttc #3 while breastfeeding and I'm on cycle 2.
I plan on stopping breastfeeding at the end of May after we've been abroad (don't fancy a flight without it!!)
Expect your cycles to be all over the place to begin with. I got a period at 7weeks pp to then didn't get another till 10 months pp! Breastfeeding can mess things about.
I conceived dd2 while breastfeeding though so it is poss! (Dd1 was 12 months )
Hope you manage to get pg as quick as you want to!! X

Not me, still trying.. I *think* I'm 2DPO, I've been charting and OPK this month but never got a strong positive OPK, so who knows.. But my chart indicates I ovulated two days ago!

I agree it's normal for AF to be all over the place especially if she showed up when lo is so young. My first cycle was long and probably annovulatory but at the the I just got a bunch of cheap tests and tested every few days

Omg I never shared I got a bfp on cycle 2! (or 3 if you count that first weird cycle but I don't think we even had a chance that one)

Congrats Luna!!! :wohoo:

Congrats Luna!!! I hope we all join you soon!!!

Congrats Luna!!
My last cycle was 37 days and I'm sure in was anovulatory
This cycle I've had ewcm and I pains so I'm assuming I'm around 3dpo even though I'm cd24!

Not me, still trying.. I *think* I'm 2DPO, I've been charting and OPK this month but never got a strong positive OPK, so who knows.. But my chart indicates I ovulated two days ago!

I think I'm about 3dpo but I really don't know! I had 6 days of ewcm and it's just changed so I'm guessing I've O'd.
We gave it a good shot this month and bd'd every 2nd day so here's hoping!!
Tmi but one if the times we bd, dh's swimmers went so far in that nothing came out even when I went to the toilet! I even had to ask him did he fake it lol!! He says no- so no idea where it's gone but hope that's a good sign!

Dinosaur, lol, that's quite funny,... we also gave it a good go this month, BD'd every day this last week and a half and every other day before that, and I had tons of fertile CM and my cervix was the softest/most open I've ever noted!! So I'm hoping we really catch the egg this month!! We could be cycle buddies because we are about the same number of dpo!

Dinosaur, lol, that's quite funny,... we also gave it a good go this month, BD'd every day this last week and a half and every other day before that, and I had tons of fertile CM and my cervix was the softest/most open I've ever noted!! So I'm hoping we really catch the egg this month!! We could be cycle buddies because we are about the same number of dpo!

What cycle day are you on?
I'm cd29 today- testing on thurs if no af
I feel like I'm quite in tune with my O signs now. When we were ttc #1 I had no idea- i just thought you dtd in the middle of your cycle- it took us 2.5 years which makes my think maybe I ovulated later and always missed it- cos by day 15/16 the bd kind of tailed off as we'd been at it since day 7/8!!

I'm on cd25 7dpo.. I always thought I felt O but according to my charting/temping/opks this month I don't ovulate until several days after feeling O pains.. so that could be one reason it took so long for us to get pregnant, we weren't timing it correctly possibly, who know!!

O goodness, I'm already testing ;) .. go check out my testing thread in the pregnancy tests section lol.. it's titled something like " 6dpo and testing from here on out (don't jude me ;) )

Hi girls! Hoping I can join you :)
I am still breastfeeding my 13 month old, and we've been NTNP this whole time.
Just tonight my DH said he'd be thrilled if we had another (and I've been talking about it & wishing for months lol!)...so here we are!
Problem is: I haven't gotten AF back!!! Any tips on how to get my cycle going? For the past 3 months, I've been slowly going longer & longer between feeds. For about 3 weeks now, she's really only nursed at night, and maybe once (or rarely twice) during the day...I was hoping that was enough. My little boob monster really likes to nurse at night - we cosleep and she helps herself. I guess my first move is try to limit the nighttime nursing.
I am getting out the thermometer to start temping in the morning :) so exciting!

Good luck to those testing!!!
And Pinkpassion, we live in the same (great) state!

Good.luck! My AF came back at 14.5 months which apparently is the average :) it might have just been a coincidence but I was trying to get it to return so my goal was to go at least a 6 hour stretch with no nursing at night, I also limited comfort nursing as much as possible day and night as length of time at the breast increases prolactin levels. At night he was still having 1-3 actual feeds and maybe 1-2 times where he just needed to suck for a few seconds then go back to sleep. I always just tried to calm him first with shushing, patting, cuddling them would nurse.of that clearly wasn't working :)

Yeah, I did some research and saw that 14.5 is avg!!! Hoping that I'm perfectly average & we catch that egg lol!!

Last night I tried to wake up enough to check the time whenever she nursed - not sure I did, but I think it was like this:
nurse to sleep at 9:00pm (30min! It was extra long last night, I think she sensed something lol)
then 1:00am (feed), 2:30am, 5:00am & 6:30 (all comfort),
7:30 (up for the day, her pre-breakfast feed).
Now, she shouldn't nurse again until after dinner/time to settle for bed - the weather is beautiful, so I'll walk her in her stroller for her to fall asleep for naps :)

Step one: space out those nighttime feeds! Thanks Luna, I'll try shushing and patting first, although I'm not so sure it'll work. I bet it'll help if I wear a shirt/sleep bra. Maybe if it's not so accessible she'll find its not worth the effort? Wish me luck.

My DS2 is 14 months old next week and I was planning to stop feeding in early May so that we can start to TTC. However, AF returned today so now I can't decide whether to actually carry on feeding and see if I can get pregnant without stopping so soon.

I've felt that my LO hasn't been getting so much recently and I've been down to morning and night feeds for a couple of months now, so I'm not too surprised that AF has now returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qpurple547
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->