Anyone check their cervix?

me either ....

I think they move postion as you get closer to labour maybe if you try in a few days you might feel it. As LALsmith said she couldnt feel hers a while back and now she can

i was told at hospital last week that my cervix has shortened and is opening and to expect early labour, so i thought maybe i might feel how far i have dilated or what ever

ooohhh no 2bh the thought of poking up in there just freaks me out and i think if i felt his head before hes here id really freak haha!! x

Was thinking about getting hubby to check me as I know for sure I couldnt check myself lol...we even bought gloves to be extra safe haha...still not really sure what I am looking for as I never really checked my cervix while TTC but I've looked it up and have an idea as to what it's kinda supposed to be like so gonna get hubby to read up lol

Was thinking about getting hubby to check me as I know for sure I couldnt check myself lol...we even bought gloves to be extra safe haha...still not really sure what I am looking for as I never really checked my cervix while TTC but I've looked it up and have an idea as to what it's kinda supposed to be like so gonna get hubby to read up lol

Im guessing it would def be easier for your DH to check as he can get at a better angel. MY DH is in the medical profesion still not sure if i would let him do it or not though

I check mine every so often last week it was about 2cm this week I reckon its close to 3 now which would mkae sense since hes now engaged. x

For people who say they haven't got one lol, you have. I've just remembered when I first felt mine it was just like a slit lol. I could feel this line but I wouldn't have been able to poke threw it. That's the best way I can describe it x

i cant reach anything with my middle finger??? just got me thinking, DH's privates would be bigger then my middle finger (TMI) and he's never said he could feel him hitting any thing so maybe its wayyyy further back???

i checked mine regularly whilst ttc.
hadn't occured to me to check now, but I think it's a good idea if you are careful and know what you are feeling for - I find it empowering to know my own body!
Anyway, just had a feel and couldn't even reach it, guessing this is not a good sign. Saying that I couldn't get in a great position to do it, might try again later.

I checked mine whilst I was ttc and have started checking again sometimes it's really low approx half a finger in sorry tmi and sometimes I can only just reach but can def fit about 1 finger in can't get the correct angle to fit any more lol I've asked oh to help but he point blanked refused lol

whats the lump? its not my cervix... i dont THINK... lol

Okay, someone please explain to me how you check your cervix. I know my way around the cervix, or i did when i was first pregnant... the dimple, etc. so, if your 1-2 cm is your finger going THROUGH where the "dimple" is/was or slightly under it?

Ive checked mine, and it high and very soft... Is this normal?

Hello all,

Just wondering over from the first trimester as your thread caught my eye!

Just wanted to let you know that vaginal exams done prior to the water breaking are considered "clean" procedures as opposed to sterile ones... Meaning that midwives or doctors don't have to use sterile gloves.. just regular clean ones (they can use sterile ones if they want but it's more expensive and relatively pointless)... Anyways the main point of the gloves is to protect THEM from any diseases YOU may have. So if you just wash your hands prior to checking then it's perfectly fine.... And a good point was made earlier... Most women don't insist that their hubby's scrub down prior to getting access and they ummmmmm pee out of there!!!!! Regardless baby is usually pretty well protected in there providing the waters are intact.

I check mine. I just don't know how to tell how effaced I am. like the percentage. I can fit 2 fingers in, which measures 3cm on a ruler. My cervix is soft but I can still feel the roundness of the outer cervix...if that makes sense! :shrug:

I have read that in 2nd or more pregnancies that many dilate first THEN efface....whereas first time Mama's efface first then dilate...

I can feel my baby's head through the cervix. Was able to feel it at around 27 weeks and its amazing to feel the difference in size...I can also now feel the head just by feeling around down there. Not in the cervix but I can feel his head down there through the vaginal walls (again hope that makes sense). So I believe this means he is engaged but I do not know what station or how to tell stations.

And this is TMI but feeling around down there, I can also feel when I have a bowel coming. I freaked out the first time I felt it but now I know what it is...:blush: But I feel good about knowing my body.

I do want to say that I don't think the bag of waters feels like a "slippery latex balloon"...or however they try to describe it on various websites. It feels soft and like a jello bubble or something. Not at all hard and firm like a balloon or water balloon (that's how I precieve the feel of balloons)

hey ladies, i checked into the land of my cervix last night and wanted your opinions on wether it sounds like labour is coming...

it was very soft a flat, i was expecting something firm but the only way i could tell it was my cervix was i found the "opening". the opening wasnt firm, it felt like a loose elastic band and i could stretch it and move it around, id say its about 2 fingertips wide. i could feel babys head and im also sure i felt the bag of water as the inside of the rim bit was squashy. it was just very soft and squashy! 2 big strings of plug came out (however only white and alot like ovulation cm) too lol.

is this a good sign? :shrug:

hey ladies, i checked into the land of my cervix last night and wanted your opinions on wether it sounds like labour is coming...

it was very soft a flat, i was expecting something firm but the only way i could tell it was my cervix was i found the "opening". the opening wasnt firm, it felt like a loose elastic band and i could stretch it and move it around, id say its about 2 fingertips wide. i could feel babys head and im also sure i felt the bag of water as the inside of the rim bit was squashy. it was just very soft and squashy! 2 big strings of plug came out (however only white and alot like ovulation cm) too lol.

is this a good sign? :shrug:

Ha it's next to impossible to determine when a person's gonna go into labour based on what their cervix is doing unfortunately. Some women can walk around 4 to 5 cm dilated for weeks!!!!! Others can have a completely closed cervix and go into labour that night! It's just very unpredictable. But regardless a dilating cervix is definitly a good sign that things are moving in the right direction (if your at term ofcourse!)

im shocked that you ladies can feel the baby's head.................... i think id freak out if i felt it!!! wont be checking again just incase!!! is there not water bag before the babies head :shrug:

im shocked that you ladies can feel the baby's head.................... i think id freak out if i felt it!!! wont be checking again just incase!!! is there not water bag before the babies head :shrug:

There's the membranes (water bag) between but they are quite thin... only a few small mm's thick.. I'd say the thickness is about the same as a ballon so it's still quite easy to feel the head if the baby is low enough in your pelvis. And you can actually even tell the position of the baby (what way the baby is facing) by feeling the head and feeling where the fontanelle's (soft spots) and suture lines are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->