Anyone check their cervix?

Even though I started this thread, ive decided to give up with it all! Lol. Whether cervix is opened or not, whether I can feel babies head or not - it means nothing! Lol. My LO isn't coming any sooner. I haven't even had my show yet! :(

Even though I started this thread, ive decided to give up with it all! Lol. Whether cervix is opened or not, whether I can feel babies head or not - it means nothing! Lol. My LO isn't coming any sooner. I haven't even had my show yet! :(

LOL i have enjoyed this thread :haha:
I think our babies are never comin LOL

LOL i have enjoyed this thread :haha:
I think our babies are never comin LOL

There not!!! Lol

:dust: to both of you hope babys hurry up soon. Im only just 37 weeks today and now im desprate to have my aby here

I have been trying to find mine out of curiousity for a few weeks now...and it's way too high up because I can't reach it...either that or I have a fanny which leads to a never ending road of no return :cry:

I have been trying to find mine out of curiousity for a few weeks now...and it's way too high up because I can't reach it...either that or I have a fanny which leads to a never ending road of no return :cry:

sorry hun this just made me PMSL!! :rofl: :rofl: i don't dare feel for myself so I sent OH on a mission :haha: an he couldn't reach anything either, so think Im the same!! x

Loool! I can't figure out all these girls who keep talking about their cervix's...where are OURS?! :haha:

Lol to be fair, I have got to dig pretty deep to get to it! It's not just inside or anything. I've gotta get my whole middle finger up there to locate it. I might have bigger fingers than you! Lol

Mine are High and very soft and can put the tip of my finger in easy as.... Is this normal for 34wks????

well ive had a soft cervix since 26 ish weeks and have been having bad stomach aches and loose bowel movements for about a week..so i thought i'd check mine. Where the "dimple" was/is i can get 2 fingertips (middle and index) TMI sorry but no farther, i can't reach :haha: what does this mean?

well ive had a soft cervix since 26 ish weeks and have been having bad stomach aches and loose bowel movements for about a week..so i thought i'd check mine. Where the "dimple" was/is i can get 2 fingertips (middle and index) TMI sorry but no farther, i can't reach :haha: what does this mean?

I'd say that means you are 2-3cm dilated. Measure your two fingers to see how many cm they are though, that'll give you a better idea.

FYI when assessing your dilation you should based it on the internal cervial os as opposed to the external cervical os.

Had hubby check me and he quickly got out!!:haha:

he was totally freaked out. I said " what did it feel like, did you get any fingers in there?" and he was like "i dont know what i felt!!" it scared him!! LOL :)
guess i'll have to wait for drs to check!

thanks ladies... no clue what the external and internal OS is? lol oh well. i guess ill just wait ... ALTHOUGH last night i had sharp shooting pains and tightening for about an hour. As soon as i was going to go to the hospital it eased off...... idk? should i worry about that? it was too painful to be Braxton Hicks i'm sure!

If it stopped then it was just braxton hicks! and braxton hicks can friggin hurt!!!!!! And with every pregnancy a person has they tend to get worse and worse! But if they come and they don't go away.... especially if they don't go away after lying down and drinking a ton of water (dehydration makes braxton hicks worse) then get your a** to the hospital!

As for the external and interal cervical explanation... I'll try my best but it's kinda hard to show without pointing to a pretend cervix lol.... But I'll try. So if you can think of your cervix as a tube it tends to start off as few cm long. The opening that is at your vagina is called the external os. In people having their first babies it tends (but not always) to feel closed until they get closer to going into labour... but for people who have had babies before it tends to stay a little bit open to the point where you can put a finger or two in it... Doctors tend to refer to that as a "multips os" meaning the cervical os of someone who has had a baby before.

The internal os is the end of the cervix where it opens into the uterus. That is the os used to measure dilation... Often (but not always) the external os will be a little more open then the internal os making the cervix feel like a funnel if that makes sense. And often the external os tends to get softer and stretchier before the internal os will.

And ofcourse once your in labour and your cervix effaces (becomes thinner)... It goes from a few cm thick(long) to pretty much paper thin(short) there's no need to differentiate between internal the external os because when the cervix is so short they become essentially the same.... if that makes sense....

yes it does make sense! thank you! i laid down last night, left side, right side, and flat on my back and the pains just kept on.... it sucked. now my back has been hurting ALL day (for about 2 days now) lower back....and im so sick that i can barely look at food without puking. my mouth is actually watering to throw up, but i can't : ( i do not like this feeling.........

:cry:

yes it does make sense! thank you! i laid down last night, left side, right side, and flat on my back and the pains just kept on.... it sucked. now my back has been hurting ALL day (for about 2 days now) lower back....and im so sick that i can barely look at food without puking. my mouth is actually watering to throw up, but i can't : ( i do not like this feeling.........

:cry:

Is this back pain a new thing for you??? Do they come and go? There's definitly no harm at all in going in to get checked if you're having any symptoms of preterm labour and lower backpain can be a sign. Chances are all is fine as back pain is very common in pregnancy but it's better safe then sorry if you know what I mean and at 30 weeks if it is preterm labour there is steroids they can give you to help with the babies breathing after birth and the sooner you administer them the better.

I think if I were in your shoes I'd call my care provider and get their input. Chances are they'll want you to go to the hospital to check things out and all they'll do is put you on the EFM monitor to check to see if any contractions are occuring, they'll check to see if you're dilating and then they'll do a cervical swab to check to see what the likelihood is that you'll go into labour in the next few days. There's a protein that's released down there that can predict preterm labour. But if you're cervix is closed and there's no contractions palpable they likely won't even do that swab as that means things are good :thumbup:

Anyways, again... it's likely normal pregnancy back pain... so try not flip out but do keep us posted!

idk.. like i said with my cervix i can get 2 fingertips into the "dimple" but no clue what that means..... ugh... if i start getting those shooting pains again i will. I've got a scheduled c section Nov 10th and i think if i go into labor before they'll probably just stop it. I can't have a child naturally. my insides are too small : (

how do you mean your insides are to small??? (probaly a stupid question, 1st timer :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->