Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

MissCassie

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I know its early but thought i could start a group for all the ladies doing IVF/ FET next year.

I i have my appointment for the 14th Jan to hopefully get my FET underway.

Hoping to get a very sticky bean!

Hey! Me!!
Boy oh boy it's been a long process and I'm so over it dragging out.
We knew in April this year we'd have to do IVF and it's just been so long - more tests to check husband's sperm/ possible polyp and Hysterscopy. Then two months of trying. We did an egg pick up in August and got 4 eggs - 3 came back genetically fine. We decided to go again as I'm just turned 36 so we wanted a few 'in the bank'. For some reason all the eggs didn't release but hey we got 3. Then we were close on another round and they cancelled because there wasn't enough eggs. Then this time it went ahead (yeah!!) there were 11 good follicles but we got 6 eggs. 5 fertilised and we're waiting till the dreaded day 5 update. Next month she said there could still be a polyp there so we'll investigate again. And then January we will put one in. Exhausting just writing it all.
To top it off I had a really shit week. I was right in the middle of the round and meet up with my little sister on MY BIRTHDAY and she tells me she's pregnant!! Spent the whole lunch going on about it - it happened so easily blah blah here's the scan/ here's the video of our parents reaction. She is only 7 weeks! I was trying to hold back the tears all lunch- I went into the bathroom and burst into tears. She doesn't know we're doing IVF but she knows we've been trying. I did send her an email saying how upset I was because there wasn't one consideration saying 'this must be hard for you to hear'. She wrote back claiming she didn't know we were trying. She annoys me so much sometimes. Most of the things she does I have to just 'shake off'. This is hard too though!!
What's your story? Everyone is so involved in big threads I don't want to just jump in.

Oh ok I've just seen your tag. Fingers crossed January works for us. 2010 must have been devastating for you. I bet a break has been good for u - it's such a pain having to put your life on hold. And we can both start the new year fresh and with good luck.

I'm having FET in early January, Tuesday 12th if all goes according to plan. This is my first try of IVF and I'm on a sharp learning curve here.

Fingers crossed for all of us.

yes it's definitely a sharp learning curve. It definitely seems like a long time to wait till January doesn't it? Anyway, not much we can do about it.

Hi girls!

We are transferring our only frozie in late January/early February depending when my AF shows.

We did a natural ICSI cycle in September which resulted in BFN. I am putting it down to bad luck because we had a good quality embryo and I've been pregnant twice before so the consultant thought that we would have a 50/50 chance of getting pregnant.

Here's to January hurrying the hell up and everyone getting their sticky beans!

xx

Hi Miranda I know exactly how you feel. We tried for three years to have our daughter. After five ivfs we finally had our daughter. Two months before I got the bfp my little sister told me she just tested and was pregnant. I just burst into tears. She and her husband was living in different states at that time and only saw each other once a month!

We were lucky that we got pregnant soon afterwards but I really don't know how I would have been if it doesn't happen for us.

Out of the 5 ivfs we only got two blastocyst one resulted in my daughter the other one is in the freezer Hehe
We tried to transfer our last embryo in Oct cycle cancel due to thick lining, nov has a hysteroscopy but no issues were found. Yesterday the doctor said due to my long ovulation no transfer this month as it will clash with xmas sigh. So Jan is it I hope really can't do another fresh cycle I just can't face any more disappointment!

Hi ladies, i was starting to think noone was going to reply to this thread.

Heres my story..

I'm 26 and i have PCOS and i had stage 3 endometriosis which i had surgery to remove it last january. My partner is 34 he had a low count but great mobility and morphology. He was retested and his numbers have improved so hes all good

We have been together for 5 years this coming February and the entire time we have been together we have never ever used protection. And we never fell pregnant.. we started actually trying about 2 years ago and nothing not even a sign of a bfp.. so last june decided to get some help and went to fs who put me on clomid, i did 50mg,150mg and 200mg which did absolutely nothing my follices didnt even grow i think 1 got to about 11mm and then nothing else and i have an abundance of follices due to PCOS.. i was deemed Clomid ressistant and my only other choice would be iui or IVF. So after clomid failed we decided to try naturally until we coukd do ivf..

Fast forward to june this year and we did our first round of ivf. I was on a lose doe of gonal f only 150iu. As i was at a low cost centre in brisbane australia.. i got 4 follices out of it and 3 eggs did a freeze all hoping all would make it to 5 day blast and none did :( .
We jumped straigt into anothet stim cycle and this time iwas on 250 gonal f and got 5 eggs out of 6 follices 4 that fertilised and 3 made it to blast! So excited that we had 3 possible babies!! We transferred 1 which ened in a chemical pregnancy :( i had nice strong tests and then beta day my digital test went from saying 1-2 pregnant to not pregnant it was the worst day ever!

So we are ona break until january which we are hoping to transfer both and i hope they both stick!

When i had finished my final round of clomid last year my 16yr old niece told me that she was pregnant.. and she was an accident as her and her bf had been "using" protection.. i was gutted its horrible. I cried alot because i wanted it so badly and tried soo hard but nothing worked and she just falls pregnant by accident.

Miss cassie, sorry to hear of all the heartbreak you have been through trying to get that BFP :( Good news is though, if you can take any good news from such a shitty situation is that your body is trying to get pregnant! I have faith that if you transfer both of your remaining embryos that one of them will stick.

Our situation is as follows... we already have a 5 year old daughter who we conceived very quickly and didn't think we would have any problems conceiving a second baby. When my daughter was 2 we decided to try for baby number 2 and after 8 months of negative cycles I had an inkling that something wasn't right. We went for routine tests and they came back that my husbands count, motility and morphology were all under average. I ovulate naturally every cycle and my periods are like clockwork. I was put on clomid in the hope that I would release more than 1 egg but after 4 cycles we were still getting negatives. We were then told that our only hope would be ICSI. We've had to pay for it due to already having a child so all in all so far we've paid about £7000 and still have no baby to show for it. We are 28 cycles in so far but I remain hopeful that our final embryo will be the one to stick!

xx

Cassie how many will you transfer one or two?

Tina how many embryos do you have in the freezer.

Hoping and praying 2016 is our year! The physical and mental cost of infertility scars you for life in my opinion.

unlucly41 - definitely hear you when you say these scars will be here for a while. I'm somewhat hoping that when I do get pregnant this will all be a distant memory. But then I'll be worried about having baby2 because we had so much trouble. You're in the same boat you desperately want a sibling for your little daughter. Wow 5 IVF cycles that's so tough and heartbreaking. Here's hoping that lucky last one sticks!

Tina - yikes that so much money and so unfair the uk medical system doesn't cover you. 28 cycles - so is that fresh and frozen transfers? That's a lot. My husband has low morphology/low motility etc so we did ICSI. I know your past the point of trying vitamins because you're doing IVF (and I used to hate when people suggested stud to me
!) but mines been on Coq10 ubiqunol for months. We still did IVF but we found good fertilisation results. it either must have dramatically changed since when you conceived naturally or it was always that low and it was just one big miracle when you got pregnant the first time. At least you were quick to get onto it.

Tina - so you're doing a first FET - good luck! Do you have any extras frozen?

Mis Cassie - oh man endo and PCOS that's the worst luck. I know it doesn't help to say, and trying for that long you're over it, but you do have age on your side. Hopefully you're two little ones work!

So we are day 5 today. Was hoping to hear but they said because the egg pick up was midday and fertilisation didn't happen until the afternoon then it was too early to tell. But they wanted us in there anyway to talk to the dr face to face. She said because I've got a polyp she doesn't want to compromise a good one by putting it in. So we wait information tomorrow when she said we'll know more. We want to biopsy for genetic screening and freeze. So she'll only put one in that can't be frozen. And day 6 has little odds of working anyway because you're further along in your cycle.
3 or was it 4 where they need to be, one is lagging, there's one that didn't fertilise properly is the strongest but it has a question mark over it and they can't transfer that one yet without testing. More waiting!! Think we'll go out for pizza tonight to kill some time!

Anyone else doing pre genetic screening? We're with Genea and boy even though it's expensive at $750 per embryo we figure it's worth it. And it costs to transfer one anyway.

Anyone else soon acupuncture? They go all about gearing your lining up for implantation but we're not covered so we have to pay the $90. I've done it a few times but doesn't feel like it does a whole lot. I'm torn - you think we're paying so much already what's another $90 or so. Or you think we've already spent loads we need to save what we can!

Miranda have they given you an update of your embryos?

We are with Genea too. We changed RE after three fail ivf. I think if I didn't changed clinic I still would be childless!

I went an saw me fs yesterday because i had beem non stop bleeding for about 8 weeks.. he checked me out and my lining was very think and both of my ovaires were full of immature follicles id say abouy 50+ on each.. i just love pcos. So hes given me provera to give me a withdrawal bleed and also given me progynova to start in january to get my fet underway when we get back from holidays.. im so excited!😀

MissCassie, that's fantastic news! Not long to wait before you get started properly again.

Unlucky, my next cycle would mean that my transfer would fall during the holidays too, so I'm using progesterone to push it out. Is that an option for you? I can't remember the generic name, but it can be used to push the cycle start date out by up to 17 days.

Miranda, how do those embryos look today?

Invivo Yes for my next cycle I am pushing it out for a few days so I can definitely have my transfer in Jan. I am just on the pill is that what you taking? When will your cycle be? I plan to stop the pills such that my AF comes 2 Jan. Because of my long cycles expected transfer around 26 Jan! Seems like ages away eh?

Miranda any news?

so we finally heard yesterday. They were able to freeze and biopsy 4. We're happy! But not letting myself get too excited there's many more hurdles to jump. One of those 4 was the one that might not have fertilised properly so if it comes back genetically tested all fine then they just need a blood sample from both of us to check our DNA is both there. In the morning they rang and said there's two we can biopsy but the other two we can't. Then the other two caught up and they could do all 4. Oh man $3,000 to test them it makes me feel a sick about the money but we've weighed it up and that's what we want. Should get the results back around xmas. We've got 3 genetically tested one from before - so a few extras will be nice then we are good to go.

At least we got that round in before the new changes - bloody government making it more expensive for people. Not sure if changes are made to FET transfers and $ back.

Miss Cassie did I read correctly 50 follicles? Shit!

Unlucky, I'm taking progesterone pessaries with the plan to hold my cycle out for about ten days. Plan is that the cycle starts 23rd December with transfer 12th January. This is my first ever try, so I'm a bag of nerves.

Miranda, four is excellent, congratulations!! I hope the testing all comes back clear -- the entire process is so expensive.

Hi girls!

Miranda, I have no idea what my husbands counts were back when we conceived our daughter so I can only assume that the change has happened recently or that like you said we were incredibly lucky to conceive her when we did.
We have done 28 cycles, only one of those being ICSI and we've had 27 naturally TTC cycles which have been negative.
We only have 1 frozen embryo to transfer but we do have more money saved to do another fresh round of ICSI if this one doesn't work out.
Great news that you got 4 embies!! I have never thought about genetic testing because we've spent so much already. I think if the next couple of cycles didn't work then it'd be something that we would have to consider.

Unlucky, January will soon be here! What with the hustle and bustle of Christmas time it'll be here before you know it. I have worked out my AF expected dates for January and it looks like our transfer would be at the end of January or very early February. It'd be great if we could go through it together!

xx

Hi ladies!! I hope you don't mind if I join you. I'm doing an early February transfer. Would be awesome to have a cycle buddy. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->