Anyone doing IVF in Newcastle?

Welcome Gilmore :hi:

Good luck with your cycle. Is this the first FS appt? xx

At the centre of life it is, we've had all the tests done at the hospital, OH has low count and motility and what sperm are there are small so this is our only option.

:hi: good luck :) how do you feel about it? Xxx

excited, nervous, worried all emotions at different times x

Well you are in good hands at the centre for life as i have found that nothing is a problem and always willing to help.

If you have any questions just let me know as this will be my 3rd transfer so starting to be a dab hand at it! xx

Hi girls :hi: butting in here, but saw the thread title and clicked in straight away! I'll say that Sandy has been so helpful and supportive to me during my cycle, answering so many questions and I really appreciate it! I'm sure she's happy to pass on her knowledge to others too.

I've recently had my first IVF with ICSI at the centre which unfortunately failed :nope: I've been MIA since we got the beta test back, but finally feeling ready to move on and get going again.

It's male factor for us too (very severe), but we managed to get 5 embryos and 2 made it to blasts so we are hoping to do our FET soon. Our wtf appointment is 16th May, would love to squeeze the transfer in before the lab shuts but not sure if that could happen?

I completely understand how you're feeling, it's the fear of the unknown that's the hardest. I would recommend the clinic 100% - they go out of their way to help you and arrange what suits best with you, I'm sad that our cycle didn't work but genuinely happy to go back there!!

Hi Raf.

Were under the centre for life too, not at the IVF stage yet but its going that way, due to severe F too. we see the urologist at the life centre in May xxxx
Hi girls :hi: butting in here, but saw the thread title and clicked in straight away! I'll say that Sandy has been so helpful and supportive to me during my cycle, answering so many questions and I really appreciate it! I'm sure she's happy to pass on her knowledge to others too.

I've recently had my first IVF with ICSI at the centre which unfortunately failed :nope: I've been MIA since we got the beta test back, but finally feeling ready to move on and get going again.

It's male factor for us too (very severe), but we managed to get 5 embryos and 2 made it to blasts so we are hoping to do our FET soon. Our wtf appointment is 16th May, would love to squeeze the transfer in before the lab shuts but not sure if that could happen?

I completely understand how you're feeling, it's the fear of the unknown that's the hardest. I would recommend the clinic 100% - they go out of their way to help you and arrange what suits best with you, I'm sad that our cycle didn't work but genuinely happy to go back there!!

Hi RAF :hi:

Glad to see you on this thread and its amazing that they have been able to give you a cancellation appt hopefully give you some answers or advice and have a plan for going forward either before or after the shut down. :hugs: xx

not sure if this is a daft question but why is the lab shutting? xx

The lab shuts 2 times in the year for 3 weeks and that is 3 weeks from the middle of june and 3 weeks over the christmas holidays other than that the lad is open 24/7. Think its just how the lad works. The clinic is open during that time so all appointments etc still go on with the doctors and nurses its just not open for transfers or collections xx

Ahh suppose they are allowed holidays :haha: I'm pleased I got in before lol xxx

Hi ladies! Hope it's ok for me to join in your thread?
I'm also at the centre for life for ivf.
This will be my second round after 1st failed ivf in march. Have got appointment on the 9th may and to be honest, I'm pooping myself!!
Me and dh have been ttc for the last 5yrs. We found I have pcos and was prescribed clomid and metformin from my gp. I fell pregnant twice and both times miscarried.
We are hoping soooo much that this next round of ivf will make all our dreams come true.

So, our next round of ivf will be icsi. First time round I think we had both built our hopes up way too much. On the day of retrieval I had over 80 follicles and all together had 15 good eggs. I could barely sit down and my stomach was so swollen! Only 3 of those eggs actually fertilised which we were gutted about. But at least there was a little bit of hope. We went back after 3days and had 2 fertilised eggs put back. One of which was excellent quality and the other was fragmented. Embryologist thought it could be way more advanced than the others.
After the longest 2weeks of our lives we found out it had failed. Obviously gutted but we've got 2 more shots. Thing is though, I'm dreading the whole process. I'm not bothered about injections or pessaries, but the egg retrieval was awfull and then the wait!!

Sorry for the longest post ever ladies, just wanted you to know my story n catch up with you lot!

Hope you're all ok,
Kate xxx

:hi: Kate thanks for sharing your story :).
EC is what I'm dreading. I'm there on the 9th May for mine.
I hope it all goes smoothly for you and you get your forever baby :hugs: xxx

Kate - wow - 80 follicles?!? Did you develop ohss? I had 30 follicles and was waddling before the retrieval lol because I was so swollen! So sorry your first go didn't work, hopefully 2nd time will be the charm :hugs:

I'm with you about egg retrieval - injections were fine and pessaries no bother, but I think I'm a bit scarred from the retrieval!! I was told it would be more uncomfortable as I had so many follicles, I can't imagine how it was for you! The recovery was pretty awful too and then I developed ohss, so I am looking forward to our frozen embryo transfer without the retrieval! I'm not getting my hopes up this time round but it's a nice break before another fresh cycle.

Hi to everyone else xx

hi Kate

were there on thee 9th too- not at the IVF stage yet but will be soon enough.

Good Luck- keep us posted xxx

Thanks everyone!
I didn't develop ohss RAFwife, god knows how though! EC was so painful, I really didn't expect it to be like that at all! With over 80 follicles we expected a lot more eggs and for more to fertilise. That's why next time icsi will be best for us. I wish we could have FET, so that I didn't have to go through it again, but I suppose I would do anything for us to have our baby.
To be honest I'm not sure what the appointment on the 9th is for! I'm thinking its probably to discuss what happened on first round and about our next round.
Might see you there MrsG30 and mossip!

Good luck to you all xxx

We could have a Mini bnb meet up :haha: I think I'll be there early coz its for EC. Xxx

Welcome Kate :hi: Sorry your 1st IVF didn't work. Wow 80 follicles is amazing number and still 15 eggs is a great number. This appt on the 9th is probably your WTF appt to discuss what happened and what the next steps are. I had mine 2 weeks ago and started buserelin today with ER scheduled on 29th May so hopefully you will be able to get started quite soon :hugs:

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well. Sounds like this thread is going to get busy very soon. :hugs:

AFM, First Buserelin injection today :happydance: Got to get use to being a pin cushion again but will be worth it. Feeling good about this cycle lets get this party started! :happydance: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->